You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

20 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
4,958 posts
8,103 battles

Regale us.

2 SC that'll boost my grinding a lot:

OqT4jhL.jpg

Gh3aHX1.jpg

The 3rd 19-pointer (yes I decided to be a jerk to CVs that wander too close:

mEkhLmu.jpg

4th T10!

XYhHyR2.jpg

A fletcher accepted the manhood challenge (DD stealth, as a rule, is OP unless CV around to counter it) and well....

rB0fR84.jpg

Guess next order of business is resume KMS DD grind (Gaede's grown on me), use 19-pointers to replenish elite commander XP (had 315K before spent on Hindy), and continue RN BB line.

• Cool 1

[HELLS]
Members
1,688 posts
15,246 battles

Got Fletcher. Have to grind the B-hull and FC improvement. Could use some advice on upgrades for Fletcher, as my preliminary build is stealth. Should have another 19-point captain (my third) by tonite. Working on Des Moines! Gonna leave the Birthday Collection stuff alone until those are done. Am already halfway there in any case. One game over .500 in Random all weekend, which is better than my last three weekends!

[WOLF1]
Members
2,632 posts
8,199 battles

Dumped Free XP to take advantage of the sale and get my 5th Tier X (and first non-USN one), Grozovoi. Then kept trying to get the last two birthday achievements, which yet elude me.

[SF-A]
Members
2,848 posts
5,548 battles

Huge boost in my Free XP savings for Nelson. Pretty close to finishing the birthday collection. And this game (hoping the image works)

0oYMIJbyej0Fxs7uPydOw26k7_h-5EAO87T9qX7TKLyQrt5Qd1QvLz9VYM2ZhfAqHMk1Y9NfKQdUN8ym4fh1vIneeDmwmzAnfDyxPZxoIkT9hxrvg2ILHYMymGnq5j-AstcWsTMl

• Cool 2

[RE]
Members
485 posts
17,832 battles
25 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Guess next order of business is resume KMS DD grind (Gaede's grown on me),

you should get the Z-46, I really enjoy it the most of all the German DD's

Edited by Darthvader_9

[DARTH]
Members
532 posts
11,374 battles

Got myself a shiny new Yamato, painted it short-bus yellow and proceeded to stink up the seas with her.  Did get a shiny SC with 7 days premium in it, though.  (Actually, got two of those, some modules, a bunch of flags and camo and 1K doubloons too, yay Tier 10 madness...)

Actually, my fourth battle with her did start to click, but yeah, fun times.

Rushed through the birthday collection, wonder if I'll actually use any of the camos.  Funnest part was doing the co-op bit with Okhotnik.  Yay, every-bot-y gets a torpedo!

:cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,037 posts
12,522 battles

Played every Tier 9 every day and stacked flags to stock up on Free XP. Almost ready to buy a second Missouri now.

Edited by Edgecase

Members
575 posts
3,075 battles

Glad everyone is doing well, really, I am.

Myself, plunging further into the abyss, loss after loss. Totally mystified.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised, had one team that had two BB's start squawking at each other because one bumped the other. So the Bumpee shot the Bumper, the Bumper let himself burn to the waterline out of spite. Then another BB verbally assaulted the Bumpee, they exchanged fire, the Chat assaulter eliminated the Bumpee, then the Chat Assaulter let himself burn down. 3 BB's down before we even got out of cap. These are my teams.

Games like this, and subsequent lopsided defeats make me salty myself, then it goes into tilt. Mostly just playing off and on, getting my 3 losses in a row, and then stopping for awhile.

Sad story over, but it is good to see folks getting some enjoyment out of the game.

[TBW]
Members
6,328 posts
11,884 battles

I bought my 173rd ship this weekend because of how many credits I farmed. I didn't even use any of the special signals that I got.

[DARTH]
Members
532 posts
11,374 battles
5 minutes ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

Myself, plunging further into the abyss, loss after loss. Totally mystified.

Don't take it too hard.  200% weekends like this bring out all the crazies, from people like myself trying to get a little bonus XP or captain XP on this ship or that ship that I haven't played in weeks/months/ever, to outright malcontents like you encountered.

Sometimes, I'd almost swear that the MM is a malevolent thing and knows I'm just looking for that first win bonus on my (Tirpitz, for example) and is bound and determined to deny it.  Eventually, I got it (and 20K elite captain XP), swapped the captain to the Bismarck and went out and got an other 30K elite captain XP.   Go figure.

Hang in there, I'm sure it'll get better once the weekend madness dies down.

• Cool 1

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
7,648 battles

I had a good weekend too, though I did kinda potato near the end last night. Still ended the weekend with 70+% WR, 800k elite commander xp, and 300k free xp. WTR was a mixed bag but I think I broke even. Can't tell with Warships Today acting up as it is.

Members
1,089 posts
2,369 battles

Completed anniversary collection. Got like 20k EXP on Ognevoi with a couple games taking advantage of the x3 first win bonus, ~75k away from Udaloi.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,356 posts
3,559 battles
9 minutes ago, Izolyn said:

Completed anniversary collection. Got like 20k EXP on Ognevoi with a couple games taking advantage of the x3 first win bonus, ~75k away from Udaloi.

Yea I got a couple of sweet unlocks. 

finished up the Hipper and Z-23. Unlocked Roon / Unlocked and bought Z-46  . 

I am having a major silver issue. I have Roon /Iowa and Baltimore to buy next :S 

Members
575 posts
3,075 battles
1 hour ago, Korval_BB55 said:

Don't take it too hard.  200% weekends like this bring out all the crazies, from people like myself trying to get a little bonus XP or captain XP on this ship or that ship that I haven't played in weeks/months/ever, to outright malcontents like you encountered.

Sometimes, I'd almost swear that the MM is a malevolent thing and knows I'm just looking for that first win bonus on my (Tirpitz, for example) and is bound and determined to deny it.  Eventually, I got it (and 20K elite captain XP), swapped the captain to the Bismarck and went out and got an other 30K elite captain XP.   Go figure.

Hang in there, I'm sure it'll get better once the weekend madness dies down.

Thanks - love playing the game, so for now, I content myself with a good fight, and then log off.

Of note, did run into some clan mates from WoT when I was in the JKL (Jimbo Kimbo Limbo) syndicate and that was a nice surprise.

[TF16B]
Members
8,063 posts
16,998 battles

Ground through most of the Anniversary missions.

Finished the Groz one in a single try by sinking two of my most hated nemisis; a Minotaur and a Zao; with a few other misc hits thrown in for good measure.

Wildest thing I saw this weekend? A Mutsuki that got a Die Hard achievement.

[SWOB]
Members
2,705 posts
15,525 battles

FXP'd my way to both the Conq. and the GK for Anniversary SCs, and because I could. Don't really plan on playing either of them much, but I just felt like doing it.

Otherwise, I played a ton of games trying to take advantage of all the 200% first wins. Not a bad weekend overall.

[5IN]
Members
1,785 posts
8,109 battles

Gameplay wise, I had a crap weekend.  I played a lot of different ships for the Birthday celebration and couldn't buy a win in many of them.  Overall, I tanked my W/R, but did pretty good (except in Cruisers) with my other ships.  

I ended up buying my 5th T10 today (not the weekend, I know), but I used some of the 150k FXP that I received from containers to buy Henri IV and sell the Saint-Louis.  Best of all, the SC that came from playing the Henri IV contained 100 Dragon Flags.  whee!

b

[CAST]
Members
1,158 posts
7,174 battles

Played enough to get my missions completed.  I got my credits up to a high enough value to outfit my Gearing and take it out for a spin.  First game out got me a win, 3 kills, and a 2500wtr.  I think I'll stop there with that ship.  LOL.  My win rate overall for the weekend was really bad.  I couldn't get any help on any team.  My wtr was good and I was earning credits and XP in gobs, but couldn't get a win.  My win rate for the weekend was only 32%.  I even went down in tier to a USN St. Louis, just to play a more simple game.  Two of us on our team were doing most of the damage for our team and then Wargaming decided, "We thought we told you there were no wins for you this weekend.", and promptly threw a detonation at my near full health ship while I took a single shot from a DD that I was about to kill.  I took that as a sign and stopped my weekend play.