Sign in to follow this  
Herr_Reitz

Why nerf RN BB HE - here's a fair proposal

19 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,264 posts

Nobody likes a nerf - but a lot of folks think the RN BB HE spewing dragons need their HE nerfed a bit... here's a counter proposal. A win win

BUFF everybody else's ability to resist HE. See, everyone wins, no nerfs. :cap_cool:

Members
4,131 posts

I'm a BB main, and I'll be the first to say the BB HE and AP is broken.  The reason I use HE in the British BBs isn't for fire, its because the AP doesn't do any damage.

[POI--]
Members
171 posts
1,989 battles
27 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Nobody likes a nerf - but a lot of folks think the RN BB HE spewing dragons need their HE nerfed a bit... here's a counter proposal. A win win

BUFF everybody else's ability to resist HE. See, everyone wins, no nerfs. :cap_cool:

Are you a BB main? Because it would be a huge, gigantic nerf to cruisers.

• Cool 2

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,264 posts

Let's see... we didn't get into the minutia... BUFF everybody else's ability to resist (RN BB) HE. See, everyone wins, no nerfs. 

Have to look for the fine print... :cap_cool: It was implied but not visible. 

Edited by Herr_Reitz

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,249 battles
31 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Let's see... we didn't get into the minutia... BUFF everybody else's ability to resist (RN BB) HE. See, everyone wins, no nerfs. 

Have to look for the fine print... :cap_cool: It was implied but not visible. 

You can't only resist a single nation's BB HE.  It's a universal trait.

[CVA16]
Members
2,156 posts
9,612 battles

One change WG could make would be to buff the damage control module that almost nobody recommends taking to better protect the ship from fire. Potentially by reducing the fire chance per shell   by a percentage  of the total fire chance for that shell, so small shells would still have the ability to cause fires. For example, a 20% reduction would multiply the fire chance of a shell by .8 so a ship with a 40% fire chance would only have a 32% chance against that ship. Certainly make the module competitive.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,249 battles
52 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

I'm a BB main, and I'll be the first to say the BB HE and AP is broken.  The reason I use HE in the British BBs isn't for fire, its because the AP doesn't do any damage.

I think that the point is that RN BB AP isn't supposed to be used all that often against enemy BB's.  It's more for shooting at cruisers, and maybe DD's (not sure about this one).  RN BB's HE is for BB's.

Members
4,131 posts
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I think that the point is that RN BB AP isn't supposed to be used all that often against enemy BB's.  It's more for shooting at cruisers, and maybe DD's (not sure about this one).  RN BB's HE is for BB's.

I use it against every ship, why bother going to RN BB AP, it doesn't do anymore damage than the HE shell without benefits.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,249 battles
11 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

I use it against every ship, why bother going to RN BB AP, it doesn't do anymore damage than the HE shell without benefits.

You can still citadel cruisers when they show you a broadside.  That said, the nice thing about RN BB HE is that it's reliable.  You don't have to worry about getting citadels to get reliable damage, though some cruisers are so soft that even BB HE can penetrate their armor and get cits on occasion.

[USCC2]
Members
3,405 posts

BB generally seem to do fine with survival and I don't believe it is fire that kills cruisers so much but raw power from BBs, same with DDs.

However, if there are cruisers/DDs that suffer from fires then yeah, make them more resistant. Or just reduce the power of BB guns?

Balance in game - now that's win win!

Edited by _WaveRider_

[CUTE]
Members
5,151 posts
3,430 battles

Lol wat? I've played a total of 3 RN BB games and I can tell you they are OP if you have any clue how to play. Game Numero 3:

8h5addX.jpg

Game Numero 2:

NeWHQJq.jpg

Game Numero 1:

tPvMmxb.jpg

This was a zero point captain. I have minimal experience in Battleships, I am not uber. It is stupidly easy to play. I can only imagine what kinda damage one could do with some more experience on the guns, with a decent specced captain, and a full contingent of flags and premium whatsoozits. 2 Confederates in 3 games for someone that only had 17 lifetime in 2k battles. I'm not that good.

If you have an issue making RN BB "Work" I'm leaning towards PEBKAC.

Members
616 posts
3,326 battles
20 hours ago, Wowzery said:

And yet, you only won one game?  :Smile_hiding:

One ship isn't worth a whole team.

Unless you're a Khabarovsk.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

uk ap bad?  i've been running AP on my QE and no problem.   HE is good though and it is strong line.    I've been doing the grind including stock and find it very good.    easy to carry a team. 

ukbb2.png

[TDD]
Members
878 posts
7,888 battles

really they seem op because there are so many of them about right now. so yes there are more fires but things will taper off when people go back to playing their normal stable. I doubt many will do permanent switch to the UK BBs after the grind I know I wont.

Beta Testers
494 posts
1,262 battles
5 hours ago, centarina said:

uk ap bad?  i've been running AP on my QE and no problem.   HE is good though and it is strong line.    I've been doing the grind including stock and find it very good.    easy to carry a team. 

ukbb2.png

You have a total of 30 games in RN BBs, 5 in QE, and suddenly you feel that you have enough experience in them to make declarations about how well they are balanced? 

OK.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles
1 minute ago, Prkl8r said:

You have a total of 30 games in RN BBs, 5 in QE, and suddenly you feel that you have enough experience in them to make declarations about how well they are balanced? 

OK.

Frankly,  most of UKBB upto 5  is OP as heck IMHO, and 6 is still dang strong.     with 7 matches in QE  and my dmg stat is going up  so  take it for what its worth.      if you can't make this line perform to t6,  it is all on the player, not on the ship.     QE has excellent  accurate gun with AP that can do lot of pen damage consistently and excellent repair.            it  may not be new player friendly since it rewards steady smart play more than germans.    

Queen Elizabeth  U.K . 85.71%  1 544  86 714  1.14 4
  • Cool 2

[RKLES]
Members
7,075 posts
8,720 battles

Lol yeah when a BB class is rivaling of even exceeding the abilities of HE spewing CAs I would say we have a problem since why use a CA when a BB can do the job instead?

Lol I have stayed with the Cruisers because of the many nice traits they have and the fact I know RN BBs will be nerfed lol.

Sign in to follow this