Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LoveBote

POPCORN (40 member cap), 18+, casually serious, seriously casual

92 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,305
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,438 posts
6,631 battles

POPCORN 

(we are looking to recruit those interested in and available for this Clan Wars season,

but we are happy to accept associates for divisions, advice and community spirit! Our Discord chat server welcomes associates, become a [POP]Associate today!)

tZm0J19.gif

is excited (no really) to announce openings in its World of Warships [POP] clan !


Active several days per week

All time zones
Willing to learn and improve gameplay
English and French speakers welcome

Polite and well mannered

Fun and fairplay

18+ 


extra information : 

Participation in competitive and cooperative gameplay is encouraged
Popcorn promotes fairplay and respect for opponents

Popcorn aims to bring a smile to both PvP and PvE

Feel free to /pm me for any questions/ 

Or visit us at our Discord comms server.


We have an active POPCORN clan wars team - if you feel you can contribute, in both participation and attitude, our team commanders would be delighted to speak with you


Membership bonuses now include :

Tier V Boathouse: 10% discount on purchasing Tier V ships
Tier VI Boathouse: 10% discount on purchasing Tier VI ships
Tier VII Boathouse: 10% discount on purchasing Tier VII ships
Tier VIII Boathouse: 10% discount on purchasing Tier VIII ships
 
Slip (destroyers): 10% discount on destroyers service
Small Dock (cruisers): 10% discount on cruisers service
Large Dock (battleships): 10% discount on battleships service
Medium Dock (aircraft carriers): 10% discount on aircraft carriers service
 
(France): 3% XP boost in battles played with French ships
(the U.K.): 3% XP boost in battles played with British ships
(the U.S.S.R.): 3% XP boost in battles played with Soviet ships
(Germany): 3% XP boost in battles played with German ships
(the U.S.A.): 3% XP boost in battles played with U.S.A. ships
(Navy Technical Department) (Japan): 3% XP boost in battles played with Japanese ships
(Pan-Asia): 3% XP boost in battles played with Pan-Asian ships
 
Squadron Staff: increases the maximum clan size by 10 players

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HCH]
Members
82 posts
7,414 battles
28 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

 


Active 4+ days per week
Willing to learn and improve gameplay
English and French speakers welcome
All time zones

Polite and well mannered

Tolerant

18+ 


 

Good time of day . What do you mean by the word "tolerant" ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,708
[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

:Smile_popcorn:

 

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,305
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,438 posts
6,631 battles
13 minutes ago, Blagoveshchensk said:

Good time of day . What do you mean by the word "tolerant" ?

Well, calm in the face of adversity, open minded, non discriminatory, accepting of one anothers failings, the usual stuff.

edit : I'm not from North America, am I missing something?

Edited by nuttybiscuit
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,305
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,438 posts
6,631 battles
Just now, Doomlock said:

:Smile_popcorn:

 

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

You are welcome Doomlock :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HCH]
Members
82 posts
7,414 battles
22 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

Well, calm in the face of adversity, open minded, non discriminatory, accepting of one anothers failings, the usual stuff.

edit : I'm not from North America, am I missing something?

well, in the face of adversity I'm always calm . "everyone has a skeleton in the closet" - I'm talking about flaws , everyone has them , just everyone is different ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,551 posts
6,867 battles
54 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:
56 minutes ago, Blagoveshchensk said:

Good time of day . What do you mean by the word "tolerant" ?

Well, calm in the face of adversity, open minded, non discriminatory, accepting of one anothers failings, the usual stuff.

edit : I'm not from North America, am I missing something?

Will you tolerate the subject of "submarines in WoWs?' How tolerant are you? ;)

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,305
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,438 posts
6,631 battles
Just now, Stauffenberg44 said:

Will you tolerate the subject of "submarines in WoWs?' How tolerant are you? ;)

 

now you stretch my patience. But on seconds thoughts why not? They would compliment carriers and give them something else to sink.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,654
[TBW]
Members
6,296 posts
11,856 battles

Did some one say submarine?

Halloween-corgi-chompers-e1382551300585.jpg.0f9b49b8511aa304e9dd4a2717c15dca.jpg

Here I am. Submarine Captain Corgi reporting for duty.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HCH]
Members
82 posts
7,414 battles
2 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Will you tolerate the subject of "submarines in WoWs?' How tolerant are you? ;)

 

dude , she's gathering the clan . well, you gathered all in a pile , do not see any sense in your question ...... tolerance and submarines ? - some [edited] ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,305
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,438 posts
6,631 battles
13 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Did some one say submarine?

(...)

Here I am. Submarine Captain Corgi reporting for duty.

W.... bugger it, Welcome onboard.

But can we please keep it on topic, I would like to find recruits. Be a shame to have to start this all over again. [Pop]corn needs captains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
75
[RST]
[RST]
Members
492 posts
8,614 battles
1 hour ago, Doomlock said:

:Smile_popcorn:

 

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Thats the first thing I thought of too........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,305
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,438 posts
6,631 battles
17 minutes ago, priceg said:

Thats the first thing I thought of too........

Well, I mean with a name like [POP]CORN, what else would you think of?

H6DJO0L.gif

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
75
[RST]
[RST]
Members
492 posts
8,614 battles

Right? Well anywho, good luck with your new venture. May you be successful and prosperous! PS, do not forget to have fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,551 posts
6,867 battles
1 hour ago, Blagoveshchensk said:

dude , she's gathering the clan . well, you gathered all in a pile , do not see any sense in your question ...... tolerance and submarines ? - some [edited] ....

It's called a sense of humour. It's ok if you don't have one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,305
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,438 posts
6,631 battles

My clan Ad is getting lots of interest, but for the wrong reasons! (my fault I guess)/

Who was it who said, there is no publicity like free publicity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,309
[-TAB-]
Members
1,597 posts
5,126 battles
19 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

My clan Ad is getting lots of interest, but for the wrong reasons! (my fault I guess)/

Who was it who said, there is no publicity like free publicity?

dear nuttybiscuit,

with decades of not working in advertising successfully, I believe I can help with this little problem you seem to have. butt first, I need to be sure I understand the problem clearly. please bear with me.

it's about dog lovers, right? specifically corgis. yeah, I knew it!! they are messing up the entire northern hemisphere, globally. there's nothing you can legally do about it, but you're right, you do NOT have to just accept their unreasonable craziness. 

your gif of the cute, adorable kitty is amazing, I almost cried as chainsaw, my littul furry buddy, used up life #9 not too long ago. he used to steal popcorn out of my bowl with one claw, and nibble at them like they were corn on the cob. or make a little pile of them, and then pounce on them and moosh them. he was a strange cat.

the combination of kitties, the true rulers of the universe as we know it, and popcorn, which is the best (and really smart life forms know, truly the only) munchie ever, is a GREAT combination. congratulation, a stroke of genius, for sure.

there's only one, single, solitary thing lacking. no inflatable apes, insane sale price, carved in granite guarantee, or impossible to meet promise included. I, for one, am looking for:

1) manned (or womanned) 24 hrs at all Tiers for minimum 3 person division.

2) guaranteed stat improvement in all areas. for this game, and one other RL stat selected.

3) 1 million XP per day, minimum, no interest.

4) 1 37 ft tall anatomically correct inflatable pink ape.

while I strongly feel all these things are superfluous in pretty much every way, I feel comfortable suggesting them as a sure fire way to uh, um......   hold on a sec.... parole officer again.... 

I have to go now

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,305
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,438 posts
6,631 battles
1 hour ago, not_acceptable said:

dear nuttybiscuit,

(...)

4) 1 37 ft tall anatomically correct inflatable pink ape.

while I strongly feel all these things are superfluous in pretty much every way, I feel comfortable suggesting them as a sure fire way to uh, um......   hold on a sec.... parole officer again.... 

I have to go now

OMG OMG ! YOU ARE PERFECT FOR MY CLAN!!

Officer material definitely :Smile_popcorn:

possibly one of the best applications to join a clan I have seen in years.

I am busy sourcing the inflatable pink ape. 

As for the rest, POPCORN tm can guarantee you will find divisions 24/7 without any problem thanks to the POPCORN tm clan tag, [POP] which will make you more POPular than you ever imagined possible (until you get the inflatable pink ape of course). being so POPular in your new POPCORN tmclan will encourage you to play nonstop until indeed, you are the guaranteed interest free beneficiary of 1 million XP paid daily in, you guessed, POPCORN tm.

As for Stat improvement, one look at your stats next to the POPCORN tm clan tags will make your stats feel even better than ever, both your in game Pwn stats and your Pwr stats in RL. As they say, there is no Pwn like POPCORN tm Pwn!

Spoiler

(I'm overdoing it, sorry, can't help it.)

 

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HCH]
Members
82 posts
7,414 battles
10 hours ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

It's called a sense of humour. It's ok if you don't have one.

funny when people who have no sense of humor , consider myself witty .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,309
[-TAB-]
Members
1,597 posts
5,126 battles
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:05 AM, Stauffenberg44 said:

It's called a sense of humour. It's ok if you don't have one.

dear stauffenberg44,

we've gotten into some serious postal exchanges in more than a few threads here in the forum before, and I really thought I had learned a lesson, but here we go again....

I read this post immediately after you posted it, and am shocked, dismayed and alarmed. was not able to sleep last nite, my stomach hurts from crying so much, and my eyes are red, bleary and puffy. worse than normal. but this is not about me, as you well know, it's never about me, as I am highly introverted.

".... ok if you don't have one." this is wrong wrong wrong on so many levels, it pretty much covers them all.

if you have no sense of humor, you would not see the funny in any funny statement.

if you have no sense of humor, you tend to attempt to substitute sarcasm, wit, puns, and outright subtle outlandish thoughts where 'funny' ought to be.

if you have no sense of humor, you tend to react strongly to things like, oh, MM, RNG and Xmas packages when your 'win' rate is exceeded by your 'beat up, sunk and sent back to port' rate.

butt eye digress. this entire thread was started specifically for one, and only one reason. now, I forget what those reasons were, but can tell you this.... dam, forgot what I was going to say.

OH OH OHHHH! I joined POPCORN, for reasons I will happily share when I sober up enuff. well, I will have to screen them for content and presentation, of course. in the meantime, I can tell you I have never experienced anything like it before, and doubtlessly never will again. it are magical, just like riding a unicorn while on anesthetic happy pills.

none of you have the slightest idea what you're missing, and I weep for you. wah boo etc. I would beseech you to join the juggernaut of clams, the munchie of any great party, the one true explosive treat there is that is not harmful to gerbils, that comes with REAL party favors and a un-written, un-enforceable guarantee.

(ed. note: all universal disclosures apply, even though I can't recall what they are, or how it would relate)

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,551 posts
6,867 battles
2 hours ago, not_acceptable said:

dear stauffenberg44,

we've gotten into some serious postal exchanges in more than a few threads here in the forum before, and I really thought I had learned a lesson, but here we go again....

I read this post immediately after you posted it, and am shocked, dismayed and alarmed. was not able to sleep last nite, my stomach hurts from crying so much, and my eyes are red, bleary and puffy. worse than normal. but this is not about me, as you well know, it's never about me, as I am highly introverted.

".... ok if you don't have one." this is wrong wrong wrong on so many levels, it pretty much covers them all.

if you have no sense of humor, you would not see the funny in any funny statement.

if you have no sense of humor, you tend to attempt to substitute sarcasm, wit, puns, and outright subtle outlandish thoughts where 'funny' ought to be.

if you have no sense of humor, you tend to react strongly to things like, oh, MM, RNG and Xmas packages when your 'win' rate is exceeded by your 'beat up, sunk and sent back to port' rate.

butt eye digress. this entire thread was started specifically for one, and only one reason. now, I forget what those reasons were, but can tell you this.... dam, forgot what I was going to say.

OH OH OHHHH! I joined POPCORN, for reasons I will happily share when I sober up enuff. well, I will have to screen them for content and presentation, of course. in the meantime, I can tell you I have never experienced anything like it before, and doubtlessly never will again. it are magical, just like riding a unicorn while on anesthetic happy pills.

none of you have the slightest idea what you're missing, and I weep for you. wah boo etc. I would beseech you to join the juggernaut of clams, the munchie of any great party, the one true explosive treat there is that is not harmful to gerbils, that comes with REAL party favors and a un-written, un-enforceable guarantee.

(ed. note: all universal disclosures apply, even though I can't recall what they are, or how it would relate)

Dear not_acceptable I suppose I should have completed the caustic remark by saying "It's ok if you don't have a sense of humour about submarines surfacing subversively in this thread" or perhaps sublimate the issue with subpar innuendos etc; really I just meant it's ok if you don't find it funny. Funny is sub-jective. I found your rejoinder/riposte? utterly hilarious. Thank-you. +1

Are we good now? I've rendered a poem for the occasion, ok more like plagiarized it, but with the addition of my own creative chorus urging all to join the OP's Popcorn Gang:

 

Spoiler
A Submarine
 
Born in the shops of the devil.
Designed by the brains of a fiend,
Filled with acid and crude oil,
And christened: a submarine.
                                       [chorus: popcorn!]
 
The poets sound in their ditties,
Of battleships spic and span.
But never a word in their columns,
Do you see of a submarine.
                                      [chorus: popcorn!]
 
So I'll endeavor to depict our story,
In a very laconic way,
So please have patience and listen
Until I have finished my say.
                                       [chorus: popcorn!]

We eat where ere we can find it,

And sleep hanging up on hooks,
Conditions under which we are existing ,
are never published in books.
                                       [chorus: popcorn!]

Life on these boats is obnoxious,

and that is using mild terms,
We are never bothered with sickness
Because there is no room for germs
                                       [chorus: popcorn?]

We are never troubled with cooties,

There are things even roaches can't stand,
And any self-respecting rodent ,
Quick as possible beats it for land.
                                       [chorus: popcorn!]

And that one dollar we get per dive,

We receive to submerge out of sight,
Is often earned more than double,
By charging batteries at night.
                                       [chorus: bacon!]

At that extra compensation,

We received on boats like these
We really never get at all ,
It's spent on dungarees.
                                       [chorus: popcorn!]
 
Machinists get soaked in crude oil,
Electricians in H2S04,
Gunners mates in their 600W
And torpedo slush galore.
                                       [chorus: popcorn!]
 
When we come into the navy yard,
We are looked upon as a disgrace,
As they make out new regulations,
To suit our particular case.
                                       [chorus: popcorn!]
 
Now all you battleship sailors,
When you are feeling disgruntled and mean,
Just pack your bag and hammock,
And go to a submarine.
                                       [chorus: Join [POP] Popcorn!]

 

-from "The Klaxon," Submarine Force Library and Museum CT.
 

[I'm actually contemplating joining!]

Edited by Stauffenberg44
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,305
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,438 posts
6,631 battles
35 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Dear not_acceptable I suppose I should have completed the caustic remark by saying "It's ok if you don't have a sense of humour about submarines surfacing subversively in this thread" or perhaps sublimate the issue with subpar innuendos etc; really I just meant it's ok if you don't find it funny. Funny is sub-jective. I found your rejoinder/riposte? utterly hilarious. Thank-you. +1

Are we good now? I've rendered a poem for the occasion, ok more like plagiarized it, but with the addition of my own creative chorus urging all to join the OP's Popcorn Gang:

 

  Hide contents
A Submarine
 
Born in the shops of the devil.
Designed by the brains of a fiend,
Filled with acid and crude oil,
And christened: a submarine.
                                       [chorus: popcorn!]
 
The poets sound in their ditties,
Of battleships spic and span.
But never a word in their columns,
Do you see of a submarine.
                                      [chorus: popcorn!]
 
So I'll endeavor to depict our story,
In a very laconic way,
So please have patience and listen
Until I have finished my say.
                                       [chorus: popcorn!]

We eat where ere we can find it,

And sleep hanging up on hooks,
Conditions under which we are existing ,
are never published in books.
                                       [chorus: popcorn!]

Life on these boats is obnoxious,

and that is using mild terms,
We are never bothered with sickness
Because there is no room for germs
                                       [chorus: popcorn?]

We are never troubled with cooties,

There are things even roaches can't stand,
And any self-respecting rodent ,
Quick as possible beats it for land.
                                       [chorus: popcorn!]

And that one dollar we get per dive,

We receive to submerge out of sight,
Is often earned more than double,
By charging batteries at night.
                                       [chorus: bacon!]

At that extra compensation,

We received on boats like these
We really never get at all ,
It's spent on dungarees.
                                       [chorus: popcorn!]
 
Machinists get soaked in crude oil,
Electricians in H2S04,
Gunners mates in their 600W
And torpedo slush galore.
                                       [chorus: popcorn!]
 
When we come into the navy yard,
We are looked upon as a disgrace,
As they make out new regulations,
To suit our particular case.
                                       [chorus: popcorn!]
 
Now all you battleship sailors,
When you are feeling disgruntled and mean,
Just pack your bag and hammock,
And go to a submarine.
                                       [chorus: Join [POP] Popcorn!]

 

-from "The Klaxon," Submarine Force Library and Museum CT.
 

[I'm actually contemplating joining!]

:Smile_popcorn:

Spoiler

inv pending.

edit : did he mention submarines?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,309
[-TAB-]
Members
1,597 posts
5,126 battles
40 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Dear not_acceptable I suppose I should have completed the caustic remark by saying "It's ok if you don't have a sense of humour about submarines surfacing subversively in this thread" or perhaps sublimate the issue with subpar innuendos etc; really I just meant it's ok if you don't find it funny. Funny is sub-jective. I found your rejoinder/riposte? utterly hilarious. Thank-you. +1

Are we good now? I've rendered a poem for the occasion, ok more like plagiarized it, but with the addition of my own creative chorus urging all to join the OP's Popcorn Gang:

 

  Reveal hidden contents
A Submarine
 
Born in the shops of the devil.
Designed by the brains of a fiend,
Filled with acid and crude oil,
And christened: a submarine.
                                       [chorus: popcorn!]
 
The poets sound in their ditties,
Of battleships spic and span.
But never a word in their columns,
Do you see of a submarine.
                                      [chorus: popcorn!]
 
So I'll endeavor to depict our story,
In a very laconic way,
So please have patience and listen
Until I have finished my say.
                                       [chorus: popcorn!]

We eat where ere we can find it,

And sleep hanging up on hooks,
Conditions under which we are existing ,
are never published in books.
                                       [chorus: popcorn!]

Life on these boats is obnoxious,

and that is using mild terms,
We are never bothered with sickness
Because there is no room for germs
                                       [chorus: popcorn?]

We are never troubled with cooties,

There are things even roaches can't stand,
And any self-respecting rodent ,
Quick as possible beats it for land.
                                       [chorus: popcorn!]

And that one dollar we get per dive,

We receive to submerge out of sight,
Is often earned more than double,
By charging batteries at night.
                                       [chorus: bacon!]

At that extra compensation,

We received on boats like these
We really never get at all ,
It's spent on dungarees.
                                       [chorus: popcorn!]
 
Machinists get soaked in crude oil,
Electricians in H2S04,
Gunners mates in their 600W
And torpedo slush galore.
                                       [chorus: popcorn!]
 
When we come into the navy yard,
We are looked upon as a disgrace,
As they make out new regulations,
To suit our particular case.
                                       [chorus: popcorn!]
 
Now all you battleship sailors,
When you are feeling disgruntled and mean,
Just pack your bag and hammock,
And go to a submarine.
                                       [chorus: Join [POP] Popcorn!]

 

-from "The Klaxon," Submarine Force Library and Museum CT.
 

[I'm actually contemplating joining!]

hi stauffenberg44. on the first read, I thought to myself "he hyphenated subjective." what's that all about? subpar? on reread, 'funny' is coming to a slow boil, deep, inside what passes for my brain these days.

hey (can't type as slow as this was happening in real time), that's a lot of references to submarines, and subversively, and SNORT. ok, +1.  poem is awesome. some of the stuff they wrote onboard, the scrimshaw, and such has always been fascinating to me.

in a lot of ways, it reminds me a LOT of POPCORN !!  I have no way to substantiate that, so i'll just leave it dangling again.  :o)

(ed. note: no, nutty, there was no mention of submarines at all, anywhere in this thread. I have been looking for them, I keep track of that sort of thing, on constant watch.)

Edited by not_acceptable
i was so shocked to read you are actually contemplating joining i forgot a word.
  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×