You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ir_killer

atlanta is a bad addition to this game

90 comments in this topic

Members
56 posts
899 battles

so its a unit that does one thing like really really well. it spams he and very fast, and everything else it sucks at. This should not be the god damn case because it breaks the game. this ship is the HE version of what that one cruiser from the japanese navy: the kitakami. It spammed torps and atlanta does is spam HE. Seriously if spamming torp ship was removed so should the HE spamer be removed to. No type of spam ships that are good at one thing should be allowed into this game cause people exploit the piss out of it. Shouldve not added atlanta WG.

[AR15]
Members
280 posts
6,075 battles
2 minutes ago, ir_killer said:

so its a unit that does one thing like really really well. it spams he and very fast, and everything else it sucks at. This should not be the god damn case because it breaks the game. this ship is the HE version of what that one cruiser from the japanese navy: the kitakami. It spammed torps and atlanta does is spam HE. Seriously if spamming torp ship was removed so should the HE spamer be removed to. No type of spam ships that are good at one thing should be allowed into this game cause people exploit the piss out of it. Shouldve not added atlanta WG.

Kitakami was removed (if I recall correctly) because it was getting absurd amounts of teamkills with its torpedoes.

Atlanta is only good with a high level captain (14+ points) and you get punished VERY easily if you make a mistake.

• Cool 1

[-ARP-]
Members
393 posts
3,622 battles

By that logic we should remove the Zao as well, and Shimakaze because 15 torpedoes, and half the British CL line

Beta Testers
219 posts
5,423 battles
1 minute ago, Canadatron said:

But they did add Atlanta and it's awesome. Thanks for coming out!

:cap_rambo:

[-ARP-]
Members
393 posts
3,622 battles

Atlanta is very difficult to play because it's essentially a destroyer with a citadel

• Cool 4

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
5 minutes ago, ir_killer said:

The Atlanta WAS a terrifying ship for me also when I started, but I have learn with the right amount of AP it sinks like any other ship. Depending on how good the "Captain" is.

[RKN]
Members
1,424 posts
11,746 battles

I generally give people the benefit of the doubt, but you are fast amassing stupid threads that are obviously poorly conceived.

• Cool 8

Members
2,274 posts
7,314 battles

Atlanta shells arcs are terrible, has poor gun range and its a floating citadel, very easy to kill. DDs and CVs have trouble with Atlanta, other cruisers and BBs have a easy time against Atlanta.

Members
1,044 posts
8,288 battles

Atlanta is the best ship in entire game!

Also weird to hear an opinion on Kitakami from a player with only 700 battles and less than a year behind his back. I think Kitakami was removed long before you joined. 

[-K-]
Members
663 posts
6,924 battles

I think it has a lot more utility than you give it credit. With radar, good AA, rapid guns...I love it. It's range is also so short that it is limited on where it can be effective on the map. It's difficult to play at times on higher tier maps, so I think you're looking past all of the downsides of the ship just because you got HE spammed. 

Edited by mmfullen
  • Cool 1

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,979 posts
9,855 battles
2 minutes ago, SalvoSanta said:

I generally give people the benefit of the doubt, but you are fast amassing stupid threads that are obviously poorly conceived.

Oh yes this troll strikes twice so far today .

• Cool 1

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Members
418 posts
1,822 battles

Atlanta in a good captain's hands can wreak havoc, though most people don't really know what to do about it much so in most games it doesn't have that huge of an impact and as said earlier you need a 14+ commander to make it work best. Also the ship seems to be made by imported fine Japanese rice rolling paper and pops quite fast too when primaried, so if you worry that the captain is good/great then make it KOS to the team.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,741 posts
6,703 battles
11 minutes ago, ir_killer said:

so its a unit that does one thing like really really well. it spams he and very fast, and everything else it sucks at. This should not be the god damn case because it breaks the game. 

How does a ship that has a hard time hitting maneuvering BBs at 13km, and dies when someone looks at it wrong break the game, exactly?

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles
4 minutes ago, AyanoMidori said:

Atlanta is very difficult to play because it's essentially a destroyer with a citadel

Destroyers already have a citadel. It's called being a Destroyer. 

[BIAS]
Members
3,028 posts
8,982 battles

Stay 10km away from an Atlanta and flank him... not much he can do about it. And if it's so op, please purchase one and post your stats in it. It's definitely a powerful ship, but not for everyone

[BWC]
Beta Testers
1,311 posts
5,570 battles

Guys, the OP is generating posts to get their forum stats up. If you look at the posts to date (the OP has already abandoned one not an hour old), you'll understand that the only possible goal the OP might otherwise have is to prove how quickly they can demonstrate the number of things they do not understand about the game.

Just ignore the little man behind the curtain.

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles

She is also very good at AA. And again, this is just another post of you complaining about a premium ship. And sounding like a jealous child just because you can't afford it.

You're also complaining because you more than likely haven't learned all the mechanics yet and are still very new. Here's a helpful hint, Atlanta is a very easy ship to sink.

Edited by renegadestatuz

[SF-A]
Members
2,847 posts
5,548 battles

Most ships can take on an Atlanta with ease. I salivate at the thought of catching one in my Shchors... the poor guy will have no modules left and be burning stem to stern in no time.

[INTEL]
Members
8,410 posts
25,260 battles

Atlanta is great. I love seeing them on the other team. They are an easy kill and easy citadels, and few Atlanta drivers can play them very well. Annoying when first encountered, but now I'd rather see them than any other T7 cruiser, all of which have better guns, and all of which are much harder to kill, except perhaps Pensacola, which was put on earth to give BB captains free citadels....

[K-P-M]
Members
1,597 posts
12,632 battles
16 minutes ago, AyanoMidori said:

That^^^^ I really punished one in my Fiji a couple of days ago when he kept showing his juicy broadside at 9 km...5 cits and dead:Smile_teethhappy:

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
21 minutes ago, RevBC said:

Kitakami was removed (if I recall correctly) because it was getting absurd amounts of teamkills with its torpedoes.

Yup. And mostly from the RU server where firing torps into brawls is still common because in general they just don't care about team kills, and in other servers where people decided it would be funny to use it to team kill on purpose. The idea that KitKat "killed more friendlies than enemies" leaves out these points. It's only true because the player base made it true through deliberate abuse or just not caring. 

As for Atlanta, it's funny how some people buy her, suck at her, and complain she's worthless, yet other people meet someone that knows how to play her and complain that she's OP. Seems balanced to me!