You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

Which Birthday Achievement....

17 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
5,075 posts
8,956 battles

....did you find the most challenging to complete?

Ironically, I found the two Co-Op missions to be rather tough, but only because the damn bots die so quickly.  You basically have to YOLO in just to snag a couple of kills before they all die off.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,335 posts
9,424 battles

Again...  The game plays us.

Seems to take about 3 missions before I am allowed to make 2 kills.

Either spawned so far out, or the bots go the other way - leaving me to snipe a few shots through the islands, or they are indestructible to me alone.

Got two in the St Louis - 1 by guns, another by ramming after about 5 tries.  This, after being hit by two friendly torps.

[D_DOG]
[D_DOG]
Members
128 posts
8,036 battles

Yeah - the co-op one required multiple tries for the reasons you state.  I also had challenges with the T10 credit one - though once I got it the 1st time I was able to repeat it several times.  This is excluding the ones I couldn't complete without using duplicates as I didn't have the right ships - for example the french cruiser one - I don't play french cruisers so couldn't do that one.

[SOL-B]
Members
209 posts
6,724 battles

Having a hard time with Death by Baguette.   I love my Emile, but not getting it yet.   Will keep trying.   

Ho Ho Ho requires flags or special camo to get the XP that high need to use sparingly.   Glad they posted the super secret requirements.  

Got a Wakatake just for one of the challenges.   Those bots can seriously dodge torps.  Ugh.   

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
3,788 battles

Should be easy in the Bertin. Playing tier VIIIs trying to get fired on TXs who instantly rep and someone else then sets the fire is annoying. Managed to gentgr baguette once in my battlin' batard. 

[TF16B]
Members
8,063 posts
17,013 battles

St Louis was easy, because I love the heck out of the ship and have learned what to do to make it effective in Co-op. Might have taken two tries, but that's it. In later tries to get duplicates I have had the same troubles mentioned above. Have also used Nassau for duplicates, but not Wakatake.

For the T6 mission I used Independence and got it first try with Bombs/Torps DoT. Again, in later duplicate battles I had similar trouble... Such fun; watch your DoT, then see someone snipe and 'kill-secure...' :etc_swear:

Hardest for me has been the Brit cruiser mission, (broke down and got a Fiji; which I once swore I would never do; and got it on the first or second try...) and the Bismark Dreadnaught mission... No-one seems to want to shoot at me...

Easiest mission was the Groz mission... Got it first try... and I'd saved it nearly to the last because I thought it would be hard to do...

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

So far it has been the, "Not by torpedoes alone" achievement. Though, I got it in a fantastic Akizuki game, so I am happy.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,632 posts
8,212 battles

I'm having the hardest time with the Russian DD and Bismarck Dreadnaught ones. The rest came pretty easy (including like 4 at once in one amazing Edinburgh game), but those two...I've missed both by inches several times now.

[TBW]
Members
6,342 posts
11,892 battles

Co op was easy. You have to play a little Co op though to know the meta. Don't bring too much of what you learn in Co op back to Random though. It doesn't work.

[-K-]
Members
5,075 posts
8,956 battles
28 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

So far it has been the, "Not by torpedoes alone" achievement. Though, I got it in a fantastic Akizuki game, so I am happy.

One of the things I really enjoy about this event is that it makes up play ships that we normally would have left to rot in port.  Like you with Akizuki, I had a fantastic game in the Atago for one of the missions, a ship that hadn't left port in at least 6 months.

22 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Co op was easy. You have to play a little Co op though to know the meta. Don't bring too much of what you learn in Co op back to Random though. It doesn't work.

Yeah, the meta is different.  The patience that is required to succeed in Randoms does not apply.  You end up missing the boat on all the YOLO bots if you don't get right in there at the start.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,298 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

....did you find the most challenging to complete?

Ironically, I found the two Co-Op missions to be rather tough, but only because the damn bots die so quickly.  You basically have to YOLO in just to snag a couple of kills before they all die off.

I found the coop ones fairly easy.  I did the tier 3 one with my St Louis (which I rebought, but had a StL captain gathering dust in my reserve).  You do have to be ultra aggressive to get it done, particularly in the StL, because you're just pew-pewing.  So you need to get in there and pew pew a lot, but always look out for a weak enemy to a quick kill steal ..., excuse me, I meant to say, kill secure.   

Arguably, it seems like it would be easier in the Wakatake DD, since torpedoes tend to be better at this sort of mission.

In the tier 5/6, I ended up doing it in my Iron Duke.

I finished the overall mission Saturday, when I finally got enough duplicates to buy the remaining 6 collectibles.  Some of the tasks seemed too difficult to get done easily, so I focused more on repeating the easier tasks and collecting as many duplicates as quickly as possible.

[-K-]
Members
5,075 posts
8,956 battles
14 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I found the coop ones fairly easy.  I did the tier 3 one with my St Louis (which I rebought, but had a StL captain gathering dust in my reserve).  You do have to be ultra aggressive to get it done, particularly in the StL, because you're just pew-pewing.  So you need to get in there and pew pew a lot, but always look out for a weak enemy to a quick kill steal ..., excuse me, I meant to say, kill secure.   

Arguably, it seems like it would be easier in the Wakatake DD, since torpedoes tend to be better at this sort of mission.

In the tier 5/6, I ended up doing it in my Iron Duke.

I finished the overall mission Saturday, when I finally got enough duplicates to buy the remaining 6 collectibles.  Some of the tasks seemed too difficult to get done easily, so I focused more on repeating the easier tasks and collecting as many duplicates as quickly as possible.

I could use duplicates to finish it off, but honestly, I'm having fun playing old ships again.  It's a nice break from the usual T9 grind that I've been doing for awhile now.

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
3,788 battles
51 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Paint it Gold, I don't have any 10's.

Just in case you didn't know. All you have to do is click on the empty box and exchange duplicates. If you knew this already and are offended I am ever so sorry to even mention this.

giphy.gif

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,169 posts
8,785 battles
2 hours ago, SparvieroVV said:

Just in case you didn't know. All you have to do is click on the empty box and exchange duplicates. If you knew this already and are offended I am ever so sorry to even mention this.

giphy.gif

Yes, I know that and have already bought several that I know I cannot get in the game of which Paint it Gold is one.

[O_O]
Members
4,334 posts
9,284 battles

"Not by Torpedoes Alone" took a while. I just finished it with Akizuki.

"Rush C" has been tough to get, and Ognevoi is my highest qualifier.

Haven't even tried "Before Zee Germans" yet.  I figure that may take a bit.

*edit - Done.

Edited by desmo_2

[WOLF1]
Members
2,632 posts
8,212 battles
4 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Haven't even tried "Before Zee Germans" yet.  I figure that may take a bit.

This Bismarck achievement....I have played so many games with 80k damage taken. Dreadnaught with Hull B is ~83k. So frustrating.