Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RevolutionBlues

This is not okay

146 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

173
[SIDE]
Members
714 posts
3,139 battles

Ahhh... seems like you have experienced the amazing fun mechanic of "Detonation".

 

At least you got detonated by a BB and not a DD's main gun. (This has happened before.)

Edited by Merlox
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
955 posts
3,281 battles
1 minute ago, renegadestatuz said:

Their game design is bad in your opinion. But not everyone shares the same opinion as you.

 

Their opinions are bad, and they should feel bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[D_DOG]
[D_DOG]
Members
128 posts
8,036 battles
1 minute ago, MikeLWX said:

Says Hood?

Yep - should not happen - one AP shell into your magazine and you shouldn't explode!  But really, with the exception of DD's I haven't seen that many detonations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
820
[ARMDA]
Members
8,993 posts
3,464 battles
1 minute ago, RevolutionBlues said:

 

Their opinions are bad, and they should feel bad. 

So a detonation isn't a fact..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
955 posts
3,281 battles
4 minutes ago, MikeLWX said:

Says Hood?

 

I would almost be willing to accept it as a mechanic if the shell had to hit your magazine. But unless the French crammed the tip of the forecastle with explosives there was nothing anywhere close to detonate.

 

Also this isn't real life, and having your time wasted and match ruined by a completely random diceroll is just poor game design. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
955 posts
3,281 battles
1 minute ago, pewpewpew42 said:

It's rare enough to be acceptable, with a vast amount of countermeasures.

 

I've had two in the last month. Only reason I don't have more is because I run detonation flags on all my destroyers so I don't wind up with more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
74
[CUTE]
Members
155 posts
12,378 battles
1 minute ago, RevolutionBlues said:

 

I would almost be willing to accept it as a mechanic if the shell had to hit your magazine. But unless the French crammed the tip of the forecastle with explosives there was nothing anywhere close to detonate.

 

Also this isn't real life, and having your time wasted and match ruined by a completely random diceroll is just poor game design. 

Depending on the angle it hit, it likely penned through your bow and went clean through to the magazine and detonated.  Just a theory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,418
[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
1 minute ago, RevolutionBlues said:

 

I've had two in the last month. Only reason I don't have more is because I run detonation flags on all my destroyers so I don't wind up with more. 

Two in the last month is not a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,029
[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,216 posts
6,433 battles
1 minute ago, RevolutionBlues said:

I would almost be willing to accept it as a mechanic if the shell had to hit your magazine. But unless the French crammed the tip of the forecastle with explosives there was nothing anywhere close to detonate.

Let's ask WG about the underlined part, okay?

What do my eyes see there?

"Each ship (battleship, destroyer or cruiser) has magazine modules. Each time the module receives damage, detonation chance is calculated."

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
755
[SF-A]
Members
2,849 posts
5,548 battles
1 minute ago, RevolutionBlues said:

 

I've had two in the last month. Only reason I don't have more is because I run detonation flags on all my destroyers so I don't wind up with more. 

 

It's a tiny sample size. I have ~2500 random battles and 15 detonations. A 1.6% chance isn't huge, considering it can be mitigated further. This thread is created by ignorance of the game mechanics. Sirene has the link.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
229
Members
1,089 posts
2,369 battles
Just now, RevolutionBlues said:

 

I would almost be willing to accept it as a mechanic if the shell had to hit your magazine. But unless the French crammed the tip of the forecastle with explosives there was nothing anywhere close to detonate.

 

Also this isn't real life, and having your time wasted and match ruined by a completely random diceroll is just poor game design. 

 

It's an AP shell. It does, in fact, have to hit the magazine to detonate you, compared to HE where there's a chance as long as the magazine is within the blast radius. Not just overpen the magazine, either, but actually explode inside the magazine.

 

See LWM's thread: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,332
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,505 posts
6,666 battles

Isn't there a flag to prevent this? Juliet Charlie  

43828792-b399-11e5-b275-ac162d8bc1e4.png

Or is that too complicated to fit when we only have 10 slots for flags?

probably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,318
[-K-]
Supertester
5,146 posts
8,942 battles
3 minutes ago, RevolutionBlues said:

 

I've had two in the last month. Only reason I don't have more is because I run detonation flags on all my destroyers so I don't wind up with more. 

 

Had two in one day. I don't like them either, but they're here to stay. Fortunately, it only happens roughly 1% of the time. Even less if you're running detonation flags. If you run out of the flags, you have the option of running the magazine module which reduces the detonation chance by 70%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
955 posts
3,281 battles
1 minute ago, SireneRacker said:

Let's ask WG about the underlined part, okay?

What do my eyes see there?

"Each ship (battleship, destroyer or cruiser) has magazine modules. Each time the module receives damage, detonation chance is calculated."

 

 

Considering that at the angle the shell hit there is no way it could have made it to the magazine I call shenanigans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,029
[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,216 posts
6,433 battles
Just now, RevolutionBlues said:

Considering that at the angle the shell hit there is no way it could have made it to the magazine I call shenanigans. 

Then I shall call [meep] on your Story and demand a replay, provide proof for your Story and we can talk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
955 posts
3,281 battles
1 minute ago, SireneRacker said:

Then I shall call [meep] on your Story and demand a replay, provide proof for your Story and we can talk.

 

Feel free, I don't record my battles because I have no desire to make videos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
955 posts
3,281 battles
3 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

 

Had two in one day. I don't like them either, but they're here to stay. Fortunately, it only happens roughly 1% of the time. Even less if you're running detonation flags. If you run out of the flags, you have the option of running the magazine module which reduces the detonation chance by 70%.

 

If I ran them on all my ships I would be spending a fortune on flags. I shouldn't have to spend cash in order to work around poor game design. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,029
[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,216 posts
6,433 battles
Just now, RevolutionBlues said:

Feel free, I don't record my battles because I have no desire to make videos. 

And that leaves your Claims with Zero proof, meanwhile I can make Claims that got backed up by WG and are not influenced by lag, desyncs or any other technical factors...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,619
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,719 posts
11,332 battles

I don't care for detonations, but they so rarely happen than it's not worth crying about, plus I get some flags. Those flags allow me to prevent them happening during ranked battles, something that matters. 

 

OP's detonation rate is 0.94%, cracks me up that is enough for him to come whine about it.  

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×