Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bandits86

Operation- Defense Naval Station = Boring

14 comments in this topic

[ADAPT]
Members
809 posts
12,773 battles

Not fun, wave of enemy bot after wave ..boring game-play. Thats all.

Asking my friend to play along, but he rather in coop or random battles instead playing the operation.

Yeah me too.The reward is just mehh..

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles

So don't play it then. That simple. Just like you don't need to make a pointless post about it. This isn't Facebook, you don't need to make a "status update" about it.

[HIT]
Members
67 posts
5,782 battles

I'd guess that most who find it boring are the same ones that tell everyone to "stay in the base".

[SF-A]
Members
2,848 posts
5,548 battles

It's better than Raptor IMO. I think that it's the hardest of the missions as well, because it requires you to be skilled defensively without mobility.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
864 posts
6,995 battles

Engaging?  Not necessarily so.   Good money maker and XP generator for my commander?   Absolutely.  It's a good way to snag a free 10 point captain, grab a day of premium, and grind up some of those low point captains that I have assigned on the botes.    Repetitive?  Sure.    But talk about a no-stress option full of silver and XP...

[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,781 battles

IMHO after getting the rewards in the scenarios, the replay value is low. The rewards (money & xp) is ok, but I do better in Coop on first wins with almost no chance of a loss. Playing a 20 minute mission to gather up 492 xp on a loss, is just not worth my time. BTW that is with all but one of the secondary missions complete, we lost because only two of us were in the "exit" zone. Everyone else was fighting bots elsewhere. 

BTW they toned down this scenario, used to have high tier ships spawn. Search the forums for that, was horrible. I happened to jump into this week's mission out of boredom and it was the only one I did not have 5 stars in. I kept waiting for the tier 8 and the tier 9 battleships that used to spawn to the center and left flank but they never did. Managed a 5 star win with almost no problems at all. Think we lost one cruiser. 

The OP may like it when they institute the "hard" mode. 

For those who played the original Defense of Newport and could not get a win because you were slaughtered by the unending high tier ships, go get your rewards now. It is on super easy mode. Get your captain and premium time while it is easy peasy. 

[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,781 battles
5 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

Iszumo still spaws as do T7 cruisers, but gone are the supporting Amagis and other T7-8 support ships for the Iszumo.

I have a vague memory of a bot Tirpitz or Scharnhorst spawning... Maybe it was the Gneiesenau (sp).. Been a long time and my memory isn't what it used to be. 

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
2 hours ago, bandits86 said:

Not fun, wave of enemy bot after wave ..boring game-play. Thats all.

Asking my friend to play along, but he rather in coop or random battles instead playing the operation.

Yeah me too.The reward is just mehh..

wwhIoDu.gif.002e0e8d58fec8a21435bbb0b820

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,224 posts
Just now, Taylor3006 said:

I have a vague memory of a bot Tirpitz or Scharnhorst spawning... Maybe it was the Gneiesenau (sp).. Been a long time and my memory isn't what it used to be. 

I think it was Gneny.  All I remember is the last time I played the AI liked to spawn a 20 torpedo wide field of torpedoes.  This time when I played there were Myokos with their dreadful torpedo spread.

Sign in to follow this