Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SgtShultz17

You Tube Vids

6 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
39 posts
1,688 battles

It's probably been mentioned in here but, I can't find it by searching. How do you convert WoW replay files into files for youtube?

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester
4,085 posts
4,098 battles

You have to record replays yourself by first opening them with the game client, then using something like OBS or nvidia shadowplay to record.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

I record with Shadowplay while I play the replay.

You have to record the replay with your choice of recording software.

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,713 posts
4,699 battles

If you have a supporting Nvidia card, using the shadowplay is the best.  I've used FRAPS in the past but it's a resource hit and lowers my FPS pretty dramatically.  Nvidia has a nice feature to record the audio and mic as well so you can do commentary all in one shot.  After you've recorded the file then you'll need to edit it through a basic video editor.  Personally, I use either VSDC which is free (but takes awhile to render the video, hardware acceleration is only available when you unlock it and pay for the premium) or using Windows Movie Maker. 

Once it's edited the way you like, render the video, save it.  Then open your youtube account, go to uploads and drag and drop or select the file.  Upload it and voila. 

[SYN]
Members
14,379 posts
10,239 battles

I use OBS studio to record replays.
Then I use PowerDirector15 Ultra to edit the video.

This way, I can use OBS to record both game and mic at the same time, or only record the game and add in mic using PD15. Surprisingly enough, OBS has better mic audio tweaking than PD15, but having mic recorded separately is easier to cram in more words, as I can pause the replay and collect my thoughts more.

Sign in to follow this