You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BlailBlerg

Warspite, Arizona or Alabama?

Which ship is more entertaining?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. ship

58 comments in this topic

[FAE]
Members
2,124 posts
2,531 battles

The USN line is quite fun right now, going stealth North Carolina. The speed is fun. Hoping to get to Iowa eventually, but will need a premium for that to make money. 

Also, picking up the RN BB line for funzies (and maybe the RN CLs).  During the new years/xmas times when things are on sale, which ship would you get for entertainment value? 

My friends have AZs and Bismarcks, so div-ing with something a little different might be kind of fun?  

Alabama looks kind of exciting. Or would you pick Warspite for t6 strength? Is warspite slow and ponderous? 

I don't have any free exp, nor ways to get it quickly, so Missouri is out of the question. 

Edited by BlailBlerg

[SYN]
Members
14,379 posts
10,248 battles

I'm almost certain LWM did reviews on all of those...

and you still can't make up your mind?

I suggest tossing a coin.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,066 posts
7,616 battles

If you need to make money, tier 8 is the way to go.  The credit earning coefficient is much higher than Warspite or Arizona.

• Cool 1

[NEWB]
Members
47 posts
1,528 battles

From LWM i expected a "Warspite" ;)

I would say this:

Wait until next weekend and buy a Tirpiz-bundle.

Members
159 posts
1,135 battles

I recommend Alabama.

Good armor, great guns, and when fitted with the steering mod, you can almost throw her around like a cruiser (12 sec rudder shift)

She's insanely fun.

Members
2,092 posts
8,095 battles

If its a premium BB you want, then I suggest pooling your money to buy doubloons and covert XP to get Missouri. I constantly bash that ship ingame and sometimes on Discord but for the most part its the best premium BB

[R-R-R]
Members
973 posts
6,428 battles

I don't like any of these 3. 

First of all both T6 and T8 have bad MM where you can up-tiered a lot. 

Both AZ and Warspite are slow WWI BBs. It is a bit hard to get back on those turtles after playing high-tier BBs. They are both very strong ships but I just don't find them consistent enough for my liking.

Alabama is a strong well-rounded ship. But I don't see her providing anything unique compared to NC. NC's guns are actually even more accurate and has better concealment. I don't know why I should spend a lot of money on a very expensive T8 premium if I already have a free tech tree counterpart to play with.

[AGP]
Members
66 posts
3,670 battles
3 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

If you need to make money, tier 8 is the way to go.  The credit earning coefficient is much higher than Warspite or Arizona.

Absolutely right. Good tier 6 games, 300k - 400k. I had some Alabama games with triple credits and mm at tier 8 gives always the chance to get more credits.

[CUTER]
Members
678 posts
18,617 battles
4 hours ago, BlailBlerg said:

Also, picking up the RN BB line for funzies (and maybe the RN CLs).  During the new years/xmas times when things are on sale, which ship would you get for entertainment value? 

My friends have AZs and Bismarcks, so div-ing with something a little different might be kind of fun?  

Alabama looks kind of exciting. Or would you pick Warspite for t6 strength? Is warspite slow and ponderous? 

I don't have any free exp, nor ways to get it quickly, so Missouri is out of the question. 

Think of it like a hot night with a total stranger....

Yes!

Yes!!

Yes!!!!

[-K-]
Members
1,069 posts
7,137 battles

I have all 3.  Alabama is by far the most fun for me.  Like you said, speed is fun.  The others are just frustratingly slow.  It also has the best AA by miles.  

[PNG]
[PNG]
Members
4,477 posts
11,034 battles

I have all three and cant complain about any of them.... Well the Warspite is difficult to love but its been in my port and I still use it to train captains in my UK like even thought I have several other ships that have entered my port since that help with that task now, I have had the Warspite since Open beta and glad I have since I started the British like with several well trained skippers.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,372 posts
3,564 battles

This isn't about earning potential. It's about fun. 

My vote goes to Warspite. 

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,667 posts
14,042 battles

Alabama has:

Stealth

16"/45 power

High Tier USN BB AA

27kts max speed and amazing maneuverability.  The best blend of Speed and Maneuverability in ***ANY*** US BB.  She has the sped of high tier US BBs and the great turn capability of the prior tier Standards.

Unlike NC, does not get easily citadeled from any glancing shot to the sides.  In addition, the maneuverability further protects the sides of Alabama.

Yamato-quality TDS

You will be extremely hard pressed to find a BB with all of these outstanding qualities in one ship.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles
7 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Warspite with 8km 2nds and 3 repair upgrades.

The other choices have the same amount of repairs. You're also gimping yourself if you're only running 3 repairs.

[PNG]
[PNG]
Members
4,477 posts
11,034 battles

I went for primary gun accuracy instead of secondary build on my Warspite. Very accurate guns when you do that and always deal heavy damage. Its a good ship to one shot cruisers with.

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
7 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

The other choices have the same amount of repairs. You're also gimping yourself if you're only running 3 repairs.

Thats the super container for ya lol.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles
8 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Thats the super container for ya lol.

Are you referring to the special repair module that you can get out of supercontainers?

[TBOW]
Members
1,192 posts
10,473 battles

All are fun ships.

Alabama has something nice in that she has a 50% torpedo protection, I have been the beneficiary of that and been on the losing end when I put 5 Fubuki Torps into her and didn't get the kill.

If you like the NC you will like the Bama

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,729 posts
11,353 battles

Check out LWM's reviews and then make up your own mind.

Personally, none of those are the premium BB I would pick, Scharnhorst is the winner.