Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ReddNekk

GK, my 1st tier 10 BB!

20 comments in this topic

Members
3,644 posts
13,502 battles

I got the Kurfurst today and I'm loving it! My only complaint is her poor maneuverability, but I'll get used to that. I'm running Magazine mod 1, ASM 1, AA mod 3, Damage Control Mod 1, Steering Gears Mod 2, and Concealment Mod 1.

Any advice from experienced GK drivers would be most appreciated. :cap_book:

• Cool 1

Supertester
415 posts
5,903 battles

My advice is to stick to the 406mm guns and equip the reload module. It'll make your turrets turn slower, but your reload will be below 26 seconds, which is the best at this tier and 3rd best that any BB you'll face can have (1st place going for the FdG and 2nd to the Monarch, both of which don't have a salvo nearly as powerful as yours). Personally I don't use any AA mods, but I do use BFT and AFT (as part of my secondary build, which isn't the most recommended for the GK, but it sure is a lot of fun and it gives a bit of AA, at least enough to resist against lower tier CVs). The amount of hits this ship can take, even without a tank build, is amazing, and she rewards you greatly for brawling. GK was my second tier X, and totally worth the grind (which was also really fun, as all german BBs are great if you enjoy being aggressive). I also recommend Adrenaline Rush on top of the reload module, because by the time you're half HP, your reload will be around 23 seconds, which is no short of amazing in my opinion.

Members
3,644 posts
13,502 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Benevolent_Fair said:

My advice is to stick to the 406mm guns and equip the reload module. It'll make your turrets turn slower, but your reload will be below 26 seconds

Thanks!  :Smile_honoring:  I'm going to try that out. 

[-AA-]
Members
1,728 posts
6,657 battles
3 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

I got the Kurfurst today and I'm loving it! My only complaint is her poor maneuverability, but I'll get used to that. I'm running Magazine mod 1, ASM 1, AA mod 3, Damage Control Mod 1, Steering Gears Mod 2, and Concealment Mod 1.

Any advice from experienced GK drivers would be most appreciated. :cap_book:

Why would you run concealment mod?

Ship build: damage control party mod 1, secondary battery mod 2, main battery mod 3, damage control system , propulsion system and target aquisition system. 

I use the 420 mm. Never tried the 406mm, because I am satisfied about the performance of the 420mm guns. They pack a solid punch against broadside ships at any range. Most of the times also a citadel included.

Captain build: preventive maintenance, direction center aircraft, adrenaline rush, vigilance, manual secondairy control, fire prevention and advanced firing training.

Good luck with her. She's lots of fun to play with :) 

EDIT: Waiting till they release a more beautiful premium camo for her. I find this one so ugly... :(

Edited by joris92

Members
3,644 posts
13,502 battles
43 minutes ago, joris92 said:

Because without it, GK can be seen by the unassisted eye from the moon.

[-AA-]
Members
1,728 posts
6,657 battles
1 hour ago, ReddNekk said:

Because without it, GK can be seen by the unassisted eye from the moon.

Though GK is build to contest caps, so it doesn't really matter that everyone can see him...

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,124 posts
5,877 battles

GK is a tier 10 and I think the biggest ship currently in the game.

Yes she doesn't turn quickly but she needs con's otherwise she would be a little OP..

After all; she is a fun ship to play ;)

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,124 posts
5,877 battles
2 hours ago, joris92 said:

It's not that strange to run Concealment on one of the biggest ships in the game :p

I have the concealment mod on my GK too ;) Jingles mentioned in one of his video's that it isn't strange to run concealment on battleships. You won't get spotted easy from the otherside of the mapborder and if you run into a lot of enemies you can go faster undetected.

[-AA-]
Members
1,728 posts
6,657 battles
2 hours ago, Lionel92 said:

It's not that strange to run Concealment on one of the biggest ships in the game :p

I have the concealment mod on my GK too ;) Jingles mentioned in one of his video's that it isn't strange to run concealment on battleships. You won't get spotted easy from the otherside of the mapborder and if you run into a lot of enemies you can go faster undetected.

Seems to me a waste of points and modules for such a good brawling ship. I don´t have to go undetected. He dies or I die is my motto, so I pick the upgrades I think fit best to brawl. If I want to suprise people, or run away, I rather pick another ship to play with. 

Edited by joris92

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,124 posts
5,877 battles
45 minutes ago, joris92 said:

Seems to me a waste of points and modules for such a good brawling ship. I don´t have to go undetected. He dies or I die is my motto, so I pick the upgrades I think fit best to brawl. If I want to suprise people, or run away, I rather pick another ship to play with. 

AA build isnt great on GK; the tier 9/10 carriers can get through the AA defense... and carriers aren't common in high tier battles and  most of the time the AA defense will be useless...

[-AA-]
Members
1,728 posts
6,657 battles
7 minutes ago, Lionel92 said:

AA build isnt great on GK; the tier 9/10 carriers can get through the AA defense... and carriers aren't common in high tier battles and  most of the time the AA defense will he useless...

I did it for my secondairies. That it also effects my AA is nice.

• Cool 1

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,124 posts
5,877 battles

I did it for my secondairies. That it also effects my AA is nice.

You can do both; secondairies and concealment. My GK has concealment and secondairy range

[-AA-]
Members
1,728 posts
6,657 battles
15 hours ago, Lionel92 said:

You can do both; secondairies and concealment. My GK has concealment and secondairy range

Because I need fire prevention and I like to have manual secs :)

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,124 posts
5,877 battles

Because I need fire prevention and I like to have manual secs :)

Fire prevention against Mosvka, Zao, Des Moines, Henri and the British BB won't help a lot :p

Members
3,644 posts
13,502 battles
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:21 PM, Captain_Benevolent_Fair said:

My advice is to stick to the 406mm guns and equip the reload module. It'll make your turrets turn slower, but your reload will be below 26 seconds,

Thanks Captain! I've been using that setup and it works great! This is from my second Random battle with GK; (The Devastating Strike was on a Yamato)

1bigshot.thumb.jpg.bb0a2c155d892c345edc6cd203ac09eb.jpg

Supertester
415 posts
5,903 battles
5 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Thanks Captain! I've been using that setup and it works great! This is from my second Random battle with GK; (The Devastating Strike was on a Yamato)

1bigshot.thumb.jpg.bb0a2c155d892c345edc6cd203ac09eb.jpg

It works wonders. Nothing like firing your guns at almost Scharnhorst levels of rof on a ship with 105k HP and 380mm of belt armor. And you got the right mind in using a concealment build imo. Countless times my survival was key for the team victory and countless times concealment was key for my survival. And considering I've been seeing a lot of cruisers not caring about concealment, it doesn't hurt that your maximum concealment beats the minimum concealment of half the tier X cruisers. Btw, if you ever have to brawl another GK, remember to always fire on their deck level, as the armor is weaker and easier to penetrate in there. Just thought I'd give that tip since I had a match where I had to 1v1 a GK with over 60k hp while I only had 20k, and I managed to win by staying angled at all times and firing at his deck for maximum damage. Also, it's always nive to see a devastating strike on a Yamato. :cap_like:

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,134 posts
10,052 battles

Gratz, it is the last of the T10 BBs I have yet to finish. I am midway though the Bismarck, though, so It will not be terribly long. Best of good fortune to you!

Members
19 posts
7,952 battles

Concealment is useless if you are a close range brawler. My secondaries on her shoot our 11.6 km have IFHE and Manual secondaries and its my goal to be 10km or closer from you so concealment would be a waste. As for why IFHE you need to see it to understand but those secondaries average over 300 damage per shot on my GK and it land 200-300 secondary hits on good games which means they do an extra 60-90k damage for me per game.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
392 posts
3,394 battles

Congrats, you got the most formidable, all-around BB in the game right now. I suggest you test different build until you find a favorite. 
You could focus all on your main guns and use secondaries as a deterrent (survive for a longer period), or beef up your secondary and be a juggernaut (for LOLs and Adrenaline rush).

Either way, have fun and don't forget that you have Hydro

Sign in to follow this