You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Estimated_Prophet

Just one left... Tales of the Anniversary campaign...

22 comments in this topic

[TF16B]
Members
8,063 posts
16,998 battles

Did all of the ones I thought were easy first; and some turned out to be not so easy...

Tried to do Bismark; but instead of the usual; where everyone and their uncle seems like they want to shoot at me; no one wanted to shoot at me...I'm not sure I took 120% damage in three out of five games I played tonight; (in the third a CV had stick its nose in where it didn't belong, and in the fifth one I got sunk chasing a Gniesenau, North Carolina, and Amagi away from all the caps on Okinawa... 'COME BACK! STOP RUNNING! I WANT TO PLAY!' They did, but were a bit too entusiastic... (see below...))I

To top it off; when people did shoot at me, it was usually battleships, (the CV being an exception,) and generally AP, making it hard to reverse-farm fires to build up damage to repair and Dreadnaught...

Sigh... Like I said; normally I can't get people to STOP shooting at me...

Got down to the last two; Bismark, and Grozovoy. Five games and nothing, so decided to give Groz a fling... Not really expecting much due to lack of confidence and general dislike of high-tier games. Sure; it's just 30k main battery and 20 torps; but if you knew how badly I can spud-out sometimes in high-tier games you wouldn't be suprised at my lack of confidence.

Pushed east of C-ish on a Standard Battle on Land of Fire. Spotted a few folks and got off some low percentage shots; then a few more-well aimed at a Minotaur. Though I had an NO in support; I figured we were both done for, and decided to close from behind cover, on the off-chance I could get my torps in and survive.

No idea why the Mino never used radar, but he presented himself to me at 5-6k, completely broadside; and with Groz AP and help from the NO we put it down. Swung back around, but got pinned against the map edge trying not to be spotted by a Zao. Smoked the NO for cover, but something wound up getting it anyway, don't know what. Seeing the Zao was in a turn, I torp led accordingly, and let fly with both mounts. Zao swung in reverse, then back, and blundered right into my school of metal fishes for two hits. Bit more AP and it was down.

Wondered around a bit on low hp, not sure what to do; then just started using my smoke on nearby teammates to give them cover. Spammed a few shots at a GkF that slipped into range, and 'Rush C!' came up.

Getting what I figured was a hard mission on the first try was just slightly more satisfying that puting down two of my arch-nemisies... Minotaur, and Zao...

Spoiler

p03Nn3.png

Just one more now...

...if only I could get people to stop spamming AP at me and shoot some HE, and just plain SHOOT at me, for a change...

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Members
615 posts
7,267 battles

You have 17 duplicates, you can just get it for 2...
Or you thinking on doing the hard way?

[TBW]
Members
6,328 posts
11,884 battles

I just need 1 more duplicate and I will have all of the camos. I could really care less about having all of the achievements.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles

Yeah, I got mine with duplicates.  I got Skipper on Deck a lot...

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

each duplicate is only worth 15k credit, so 17 of them is only worth 270k or so.    at 2:1 exchange, you are only losing 15k per anyway.   not that big a deal.  I traded in several for the CM camo  since I am grinding that ship.   that saved me a bunch in terms of camo.   premium camo that I have can go to  other grinds.     monarch will be great since I tend to only goto t8 in BBs. 

[FML]
Members
1,629 posts
9,893 battles

I ran my Bismarck last night, got hit for 120.04 per cent of my HP, but was not awarded the Dreadnought medal. 

Turns out you need to take damage from 4 or more enemies too, and I only took it from three. 

However, I did nail a full hp bow on Tirpitz in the magazine at max range and detonated him, in one of the most [edited] shots ever, which was both entertaining and unfortunate. Almost historically accurate, too. 

Edited by UltimateNewbie
  • Cool 1

[TF16B]
Members
8,063 posts
16,998 battles
6 hours ago, DJ_PON3_ZaNe said:

You have 17 duplicates, you can just get it for 2...
Or you thinking on doing the hard way?

Pretty much.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,632 posts
8,199 battles

Funny enough, I'm stuck on those same two. I had to put the game down last night after the Nth game in a row where I got the torpedo damage but blew up before getting the gun damage in the Russian DD, followed up by missing out on a Dreadnought by 3k damage because the dying Iowa shot my Bismarck's main belt instead of the upper works and the shells bounced.

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles

I have all of the collection items, but would like to earn all of the achievements, as well.  I'm still hung on 'Not by Torps Alone', 'Rush C', and 'Before zee Germans'.

Edited by desmo_2

[-K-]
Members
1,067 posts
7,118 battles

I thought the Bismarck achievement was going to be impossible so I spent duplicates on it, then I completed it within the next 30 minutes.  Lol! The one I struggled with the most was the 30k damage from guns, 20k from torps in the Uduloi (don't have Ognevoi or Grozovoi). I'd be too heavy one direction or the other.  Torp hits were a bit difficult because of her narrow stealth torp window.  One match I missed it by 1200 main battery damage when I had 60k torp damage.  It doesn't count fires which I didn't realize at first either.  Ended up getting it after probably 8 tries. 

Edited by RightYouAreKen

[WOLF1]
Members
2,632 posts
8,199 battles
4 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I have all of the collection items, but would like to earn all of the achievements, as well.  I'm still hung on 'Not by Torps Alone', 'Rush C', and 'Before zee Germans'.

If you have it, I found 'Not by Torps Alone' much easier with Akizuki than the others.

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles

Yeah, that is what I am using.  I have carried a few wins and had great games with huge gun damage, or with huge torpedo damage.  I just can't seem to string both together in one game.  30K is only 3 torp hits, too.

I only have Ognevoi for 'Rush C'.  I have been within a couple of hundred damage on both achievements.  So close...

Edited by desmo_2

[5IN]
Members
1,785 posts
8,109 battles

I've only got the Bismarck and Hunting the Hunters left.  I have enough to buy them, but would like the achievements for my collection.

For Not By Torps Alone, I used Minekaze and got it on my second try.  I hadn't played her since before the IJN DD split.  Its still fun to play just not as strong as it once was.  

B

[TF16B]
Members
8,063 posts
16,998 battles
3 hours ago, PelicanHazard said:

If you have it, I found 'Not by Torps Alone' much easier with Akizuki than the others.

I have Akizuki, but decided to try with Hatsuharu first and completed it on the second or third try.

Brit cruiser mission was hopeless... Five tries on Emerald, five tries on Leander... All failures. Got close a few times, but just couldn't get over that 50k threshold.

Bought Fiji; which I LOATHE and swore I would never buy, (because of how useless Leander has been, and because what others have done to me with Fiji,) and got it on the first try.

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles
3 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Bought Fiji; which I LOATHE and swore I would never buy, (because of how useless Leander has been, and because what others have done to me with Fiji,) and got it on the first try.

Hmmm...and here I really like both Fiji and Leander. 

[TF16B]
Members
8,063 posts
16,998 battles
37 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Hmmm...and here I really like both Fiji and Leander. 

Honestly; a dislike based on how much others beat the tar out of me with Fiji, and on how utterly abysmally I manged to perform with Leander, than on any actual fault of Fiji itself.

Kind of like Kutuzov... DESPISED the thing with a passion; swore I never would buy one, and never would have; but one appeared in a Christmas container...

...compared to most others I suck using it, but do kind of like it nonetheless...

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,043 battles

This morning I realized I had 30 pins and unlocked everything before the patch hit. Now I have 5 premium skins for ships I do not and probably will ever own.

[ANZAC]
[ANZAC]
Members
598 posts
5,024 battles
18 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

This morning I realized I had 30 pins and unlocked everything before the patch hit. Now I have 5 premium skins for ships I do not and probably will ever own.

Ahh, but you have pride in a job well done, and in the end isn't that the greatest reward of all?