You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
VGLance

The power of stacking flags on 200% bonus xp days.

14 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,694 battles

I know it's a pain in the backside to have to manually deal with all that flag maintenance on these days, but the returns are insane.  I want to show those that may not realize how important it is to save those special flags and camos for 200% bonus xp (or higher) weekends.  If you are looking to farm massive amounts of free xp, regular xp and captain xp in the shortest amount of time, these are the weekends to do it.  In the last three days, I farmed over 400,000 free xp without spending a single doubloon, and as you can see, I left a lot of 200% bonuses on the table because I just didn't have the time to complete them all.

All you have to do is stack all the xp flags and the best camos you've been collecting onto your ship, win a battle, then cycle to the next.  Rinse and repeat.  Those that can exercise delayed gratification by saving all those reward flags you accumulate throughout the year instead of burning them right when you get them, will reap the benefits:

h6hqCps.jpg

oeEaIwD.jpg

That's right, 14,085 free xp, 19,725 ship xp, and a whopping 42,400 captain xp in just one battle.  And there are folks that have done over 300k dmg in the Khab so it's not like this game was that spectacular, I think I heard some players managing to clear 100k captain xp in a single battle but don't quote me on that.

Bottom line, save those flags, save those camos.  Wait for weekends like this and cycle your ships one at a time.  Here are the flags I used:

tGsE9iZ.jpg

Equal Speed Charlie London (+50% base xp)

Zulu Hotel (+50% Commander xp)

Papa Papa (+300% free xp)

Red Dragon (+100% Commander xp; +100% base xp)

Dragon (+333% Commander xp)

Ouroboros (+777% free xp)

Hydra (+150% Commander xp; +250% free xp; +50% base xp)

For camos, I just cycled through the ones that fit the best based on whether it was a ship I was grinding (base xp) or a ship already fully upgraded (free xp / commander xp).  Make sure, unless you're playing a carrier or battleship that you absolutely positively use a Juliet Charlie (-100% to your ship's magazine detonation).  Last thing you want to do it detonate on the first volley and waste those flags / camos.

Anyone else have any other advice / tips relevant to maximizing use of flags / camos or otherwise taking advantage of the big bonus weekends, feel free to add!

Edited by VGLance

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,705 battles

Glad your 'Ouroboros', is working, I gave up after a few tries, mine were not working.

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,694 battles

Weird, that sucks.  Are you sure it wasn't working for you because it only shows when you mouseover the free xp which pops up a tootip window where it shows it itemized there.  I thought earlier it wasn't working until I googled it.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,294 battles

Mine might work ... if I didn't keep getting utterly atrocious potato teams today.  It's enough to make one hide in coop just to not get frustrated and feel like your head's going to explode from all the stupidity.  :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,335 posts
9,418 battles

Took my 'Extra' account up to a Cleveland on the US cruiser line.  Used the dragons and camo to boost away on my ONE day of premium on that cheapo account.  Then used them again to complete the modules and train the 10 point Scenario captain on the Indianapolis (was real cheap a couple weeks ago).

Now I if can get my first 10 point IJN captain from the Newport mission, it'll go on the Ryujo when I get past the Zuiho.

The dragons also come in handy for those odd missions where you need 500K credits on a T10.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,751 posts
6,713 battles

I had less than 10k free XP on Friday morning.

Today, I got a Nelson.

Thanks, WG!

Members
1,126 posts
6,716 battles

I think i made something like 80k free xp this weekend, possibly more since i spent some on buying the early RN BB and french CAs.    had a lot of tater teams the last few days, which meant making use of many of these flags wasn't easy. 

on the bright side, whenever they have that bonus for converting xp from ships into free xp, i should be able to get the MO.   need about 190k or so until it, but i would have enough doubloons for something like 160-180k.  i would assume by then i would be able to make up most of it, or just convert it, and grind the little left.  or, maybe by the time they have the sale i will already have it, since it is rare they do it. 

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,375 posts
7,962 battles
22 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Mine might work ... if I didn't keep getting utterly atrocious potato teams today.  It's enough to make one hide in coop just to not get frustrated and feel like your head's going to explode from all the stupidity.  :Smile_sad:

Tell me about it, 1 win out of 5 I tried today, the win being 100k in Tirpitz ending up with 3 or 4 kills and stupid amounts of XP and credits. The one right before it that made me go "last game" was me, in Edi, in a tier X match, ending up the only one with enough of a spine to actually push a cap, with only a DD following me. 

[REVY]
Members
6,014 posts
5,102 battles

I used this weekend to fast track my way out of the Queen Elizabeth.

XoEUpeT.jpg

p9D6D97.jpg

[PLPT]
Members
588 posts
6,503 battles
1 hour ago, VGLance said:

All you have to do is stack all the xp flags and the best camos you've been collecting onto your ship, win a battle, then cycle to the next.

But... bonuses don't "stack."  They give bonuses relative to the base experience and do not accumulate.  Your results are simply because you used a lot of them.  They do not multiply each other, and you'll get the same amount of experience whether you use them all at once or spread them out, assuming your base experience is the same in each game.

Edited by n00bot

Members
271 posts
9,448 battles
1 hour ago, VGLance said:

Anyone else have any other advice / tips relevant to maximizing use of flags / camos or otherwise taking advantage of the big bonus weekends, feel free to add!

Put Juliet Charlie on because you know those pretty little ribbons of cloth and splash of paint will get some fun and enraging treatment.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,751 posts
6,713 battles
15 minutes ago, n00bot said:

But... bonuses don't "stack."  They give bonuses relative to the base experience and do not accumulate

Free XP definitely scales with premium bonus. I'm too lazy to check right now, but I think it might scale with other XP modifiers as well.

[PLPT]
Members
588 posts
6,503 battles
20 minutes ago, vak_ said:

Free XP definitely scales with premium bonus. I'm too lazy to check right now, but I think it might scale with other XP modifiers as well.

It's easy to check.  Just look at OP's screenshot of the battle XP details.

Base XP = 3554

Hydra +50% = 1777

Red Dragon +100% = 3554

Bonuses are relative to the base experience and do not stack.

Edited by n00bot

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,294 battles
1 hour ago, WanderingGhost said:

Tell me about it, 1 win out of 5 I tried today, the win being 100k in Tirpitz ending up with 3 or 4 kills and stupid amounts of XP and credits. The one right before it that made me go "last game" was me, in Edi, in a tier X match, ending up the only one with enough of a spine to actually push a cap, with only a DD following me. 

I actually played a few Operations battles.  Won all three, but always with 4 out of 5 stars.  I don't think that I've ever won the base defense with 5 stars. 

Just got done winning one in my Farragut where some jerk in a Konig got himself WAY out of position. Went too far out of the base.  So I politely said, you're out of position.  No insults or rude words.  And he starts swearing at me.  Next, I just said, no need to be rude.  More swearing.  And then he just (apparently) decides to bail out on the team and goes afk.  What a rude (bleep)hat.  :Smile_facepalm:  We ended up winning in spite of him.