Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bubbleboy264

I love the North Carolina

10 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
387 posts
5,356 battles

This is by far my favorite battleship I've ever played so far. The guns, the armor, the concealment, the speed, the AA firepower, its such a good and flexible ship. I used to have the Bismarck, and this is by far miles better. The guns are fantastic, and are much more consistent and powerful than the Bismarck's secondaries and crappy main battery. Currently I'm sitting at a 68 percent win rate, 84k average damage, and 1.8k average base xp per game, and I've only played 19 battles in it. Ive gotten consistent 120-140k+ dmg games. Its play style just clicks for me. It can brawl just as well as the Bismarck and hit hard at range so much better than the Bismarck. It truly is a joy to play, and even when I was grinding it stock it was quite powerful. Its an amazing ship, that IMO leaves my old Bismarck in the dust. This will definitely be a keeper ship for me, probably my favorite ship alongside my Fletcher, Budyonny, Emile Bertin, Farragut, Cleveland, Leander, Fiji, Pensacola, Blys, and others. My average stats are already higher than almost every other ship I've played. I also want to get the Amagi at some point, is it as good as the NC? Is the Bismarck as good as the other BBs or worse?

Edited by bubbleboy264

Members
2,092 posts
8,068 battles

Wall of text....didn't read but the title. Formatting is your friend. Glad you're enjoying her though. I love my Khabarovsk and Udaloi to bits and pieces. Although the Kutuzov and Donskoi have grown on me and I really enjoy them as well. 

Members
2,274 posts
7,306 battles

IMO all T8 BBs are really good, one of the most balanced tiers for BBs. 

[TASH]
Members
4,990 posts
7,877 battles
55 minutes ago, Xlap said:

IMO all T8 BBs are really good, one of the most balanced tiers for BBs. 

Not really to be honest, Bismarck seems a bit blatantly OP.

Edited by ValkyrWarframe

Members
1,603 posts
3,573 battles
9 minutes ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

Not really to be honest, Bismarck seems a bit blatantly OP.

In her field for sure.  If the enemy can keep her at range though then she loses some of her luster.  If you can get her and keep her into that 10km range though,  she's a beast.  That also helps counter the somewhat atrocious rng on her spread.

More on topic,  the NC and the Bismarck are my two favorite battleships.  Been to the Showboat and grew up with "Sink the Bismarck" so its probably no surprise that I love them.  Don't really see it as a competition between them,  tho'.  NC's better at range,  Bismarck is better at brawling.  The one that fits your playstyle better is the one you'll do better in.

[POP]
Members
299 posts
4,891 battles

I like the NC and Biz. I agree that T8s are all pretty good although I don't have experience with the Japanese BBs. Definitely depends on distance though. I do like US ship AA if you spec for it. I do like seeing all those secondaries go off while driving German ships!

Members
17,685 posts
5,084 battles
12 hours ago, bubbleboy264 said:

I also want to get the Amagi at some point, is it as good as the NC? Is the Bismarck as good as the other BBs or worse?

I like all 3, although Amagi is my favorite. The guns are IMO not quite as accurate as NC, but shoot a lot flatter, so you can use 100% of your range whenever you want, as opposed to NC's shells being easier to avoid at ~18+km.

It's faster, and although it doesn't have the NC's near-invulnerability when bow on, it's sides aren't as squishy either, and you can get all 10 guns on target, and quickly get back to an angle that will bounce a lot of shells.

AA is the worst of the bunch, but best secondaries after Bis/Tirp. 

Definitely a great ship, just feels really smooth to play.

Bismarck I think you either love it or it's meh. It has similar damage to the other BBs for me, (though worst WR) but I'm usually getting 10-20k of that from secondary damage and fires.

All 3 are worth getting IMO. Even though the Bismarck plays the worst for me, I still enjoy playing it.

Well, I did anyway. I just got FdG, so Bis got stripped of her captain and upgrades.:Smile_Default:

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,414 battles

So far all I have is NC and Bismarck. Bismarck is a great in your face brawler while NC is more mid range support ship. Keep a Bismarck at 15 km with the NC and pound him under.

Members
1,230 posts
20,563 battles

NC is awesome.

Missouri is AWESOMER by far - main thing on the Mo is less floaty shells.

Edited by slokill_1

Sign in to follow this