Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ArchMadman

That Leander

8 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
412 posts
1,294 battles

I don't know how I haven't played the ship in months and decided to play it today cause of the 200%, really wasn't till the 2nd half of the match when i went to protect the carrier from a few ships taking out a Cleveland in the process( thank goodness for smoke and the both of us taking out a Bismarck and Yorck. i forgot i didn't have replays activated as i would have showed second half. oh well great match anyway. Thank goodness for smoke.  i think I'm finally understanding the ship.

ThwOblX.png

wG1eXue.png

• Cool 1

[TASH]
Members
4,990 posts
7,885 battles

Leander is very strong because of the smoke meta.  Never underestimate the amount of DPM those cruisers put out, especially from Tier VII and up.

[SCRAP]
Beta Testers
1,427 posts
4,527 battles

There's the smoke, sure.

But if you drive her as though she has ants in her pants - constantly wiggling - you can also do quite well.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
573 posts
4,535 battles

Great ship that shows how this line plays. 

Teaches you to wiggle in times of no some or to fire from behind terrain. 

The torps are great for this ship and hydro is a bonus for hunting DDs late game in smoke. 

Can carry games easily.

[S_B]
Members
415 posts
10,468 battles

Leander is a fun ship to play if you like cruisers. So far I feel I have done well probably 10-15 games but not any monster damage games plus no B-hull yet. I have the Belfast which of course I get higher damage totals in it normally. I did charge a Queen Elizabeth head on out of my smoke yesterday in the enemy cap and sank her with my torps and capping for the win. I don't always have to get big damage totals to have a satisfying game especially a victory. For me winning is #1, damage total #2 and sinking ships #3.

Edited by dust340man

[PVE]
Members
5,310 posts
17,747 battles

Leander is a cruiser man's cruiser. I really enjoy playing her. The Fiji is a great ship as well. I have stopped playing my UK ships because grinding my Russian captain, but when stressed out or just want to have fun, I hop in one of these and just go to town.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,574 posts
14,010 battles

After going through the pool of sh*t that are low tier RN CLs, Leander is that light at the end of the tunnel, and your gateway into the rest of the fabulous RN CL line.

You pay your dues and suffer through Danae, Emerald.  Then Leander takes your hand and brings you to the promised land.  And it only gets better.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,722 posts
3,912 battles
On 05/10/2017 at 7:57 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

After going through the pool of sh*t that are low tier RN CLs, Leander is that light at the end of the tunnel, and your gateway into the rest of the fabulous RN CL line.

You pay your dues and suffer through Danae, Emerald.  Then Leander takes your hand and brings you to the promised land.  And it only gets better.

I resent that. I love my Danae, and shall be sorry to lose her. The Weymouth was a chore and the Caledon not much better, but  I was but a newly hatched noob (still am one, more or less).

One of these days I may yet go buy a Weymouth again and take her out for just enough games to pay for her.

Sign in to follow this