You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
vak_

Your typical +200% XP weekend

24 comments in this topic

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,751 posts
6,727 battles

Note the number of airplane kills for enemy carriers:

4JFHEQC.jpg

Z01Xzv3.jpg

My apologies to all the people on the opposing team. They had almost no chance of winning.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

and you wonder why I am asking that CVs have their ceiling reduced and floor raised.      until they become not much more powerful than regular ship,  I dislike them as a class overall. 

• Cool 1

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

Face it- this was just a post to demonstrate how awesome you think you are. All this shows is you were playing two accounts. 

• Cool 3

[NNG]
Alpha Tester
260 posts
2,729 battles

Is it wrong to guess that the ranger was actually strike and the one plane kill it got was from tail gunners?

[SYN]
Members
14,375 posts
10,239 battles

This weekend was truly epic... in many ways

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
1 hour ago, ENO75 said:

Face it- this was just a post to demonstrate how awesome you think you are. All this shows is you were playing two accounts. 

gTOJH0E.jpg

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,950 posts
1,487 battles

If where going to brag.

Free XP, all the Free XP.

2Kim6MB.jpg

1 second longer and we'd have lost on points, also ludicrous amounts of torp dodging. Basically we won because i was too much of a stubborn ornery old bastard to just roll over and die like a good BB being repeatedly cross dropped by a gearing and a shima.

• Cool 1

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,767 posts
5,806 battles
1 hour ago, vak_ said:

Note the number of airplane kills for enemy carriers:

4JFHEQC.jpg

Z01Xzv3.jpg

My apologies to all the people on the opposing team. They had almost no chance of winning.

More proof the Saipan needs the nerf bat.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,950 posts
1,487 battles

The Saipan;s issue is she was never balanced with strafe in mind. No more, no less. Without strafe her fighters can hurt opponents, even buy her time to make strikes, but she can't dominate the air war. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
5,751 posts
6,727 battles
5 hours ago, ENO75 said:

this was just a post to demonstrate how awesome you think you are

Duh? You aren't exactly uncovering some shrouded psychological insight. People like to share their achievements from time to time -- and yes, this includes hobbies.

Still, having two carrier matches over the span of a weekend where active enemy CVs killed a combined total of one airplane is unusual, wouldn't you agree?

[-K-]
[-K-]
5,751 posts
6,727 battles
3 hours ago, hipcanuck said:

More proof the Saipan needs the nerf bat.

It doesn't need a "nerf bat", but I'll be the first one to tell you that some re-adjustment could be done.

Personally, I'd increase the strafe-out ammunition consumption for all fighters in the game by x2 or x2.5 (only for strafe out, regular strafe would remain same). That would make Saipan's strafe-out less potent, without directly nerfing the premium ship (which WG prefers not to do).

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,950 posts
1,487 battles
32 minutes ago, vak_ said:

Duh? You aren't exactly uncovering some shrouded psychological insight. People like to share their achievements from time to time -- and yes, this includes hobbies.

Still, having two carrier matches over the span of a weekend where active enemy CVs killed a combined total of one airplane is unusual, wouldn't you agree?

When one of the is a tech tree US CV, not so surprising.

[-K-]
[-K-]
5,751 posts
6,727 battles
7 minutes ago, Carl said:

When one of the is a tech tree US CV, not so surprising.

Ranger is a horrid ship. It is known.

[DPG]
Members
821 posts
4,228 battles

US CVs going strike, when will they ever learn?  I'm not saying a strike US cv can't have a good game, but if you have an enemy cv who even has the slightest bit of map awareness then you're going to be shut down pretty easily.

Edited by Amenhir

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,767 posts
5,806 battles
6 hours ago, vak_ said:

Not when one player is using a CV that is far superior in AS (even when not AS setup) than the one its facing. Ranger is the worst tier 7, Saipan is best at killing planes. Im glad I had largely finished the Ranger grind before the Saipan abomination was released, I likely would have bailed on the US CV line there.

I rarely play my Kaga because of the Saipan, its such a chore to face that ship. I would rather face a competent Ranger AS setup or even a Hiryu AS setup in my Kaga than Saipan.

[CUTE]
Members
5,155 posts
3,430 battles
6 hours ago, vak_ said:

Not with the level of most CV captains out there. It's more times than not where 1 CV is of a much higher skill level and ROFLstomps the lower skilled captain, and so goes the game with it, often enough.

No different than me knife fighting the life out of lesser skilled DD captains, only difference is that there are usually more than 1 DD a side so it might go less noticed.

Last weekend I got a clear skies in Texas because of a CV with a learning disability, doesn't make me awesome, only highlights his shortcomings.

[-K-]
[-K-]
5,751 posts
6,727 battles
8 hours ago, Amenhir said:

US CVs going strike, when will they ever learn?

Strike is not bad for T7-T9 USN CVs, but you really have to know what you're doing in order to make it work. 

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles
10 hours ago, vak_ said:

No, not at all. In fact I see games like the two you posted 5x more than games with equally skilled cv's. I am sure that you are a very good cv player. Playing an OP ship against inferior ships simply magnify your results. But even I can pop those types of numbers in tier4-5 games against some cv drivers and I suck.

the thing that you have advertised, and thank you for doing so, is what a cancer CV's are to the game. You were right, the opposing team had no chance. Until WG puts in extensive training programs for cv's and actually teaches players how to use them games like yours will continue to sour people on the game and cv play in general.

[-K-]
[-K-]
5,751 posts
6,727 battles
15 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

even I can pop those types of numbers in tier4-5 games against some cv drivers

You can have a tier 4-5 CV game where the enemy carrier doesn't get any airplane kills, while you take out most of his airplanes? Sorry, but that's almost impossible currently, since you don't get strafe at that tier.

In case it wasn't clear, I'll repeat: the unusual part for me wasn't dumpstering all over the enemy carrier (this happens all the time); it was not losing any airplanes to a 2/2/2 Hiryu while taking out most of his.