You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Saidalphon

Another week another potential hurricane. This is getting out of hand.

104 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
209 posts
4,682 battles

Well i can't believe this is my first ever topic and i'm honestly not sure where to place it. So general discussion it is then.

To anyone else in the potential path of Tropical Storm Maria (and soon to be Hurricane) stay safe mates.

I just spent all day long helping my father hurricane proofing the house. Since we're pretty much about to get clobbered by this thing on Wednesday. 

We're gonna duke it out with nature so i hope everyone else fairs well. 

Fair seas mates. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[WOLFB]
Members
209 posts
4,682 battles
2 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Good luck, hopefully it misses you

Thanks mate but...

At this point there's no real way it's going to miss us. We just gotta take it like champs.

Only gripe I have is that with our very "good" and "quality" electric service system we'll most likely loose power for up to a month.

screen-shot-2017-09-17-at-2-18-38-pm.png

[PVE]
Members
5,310 posts
17,747 battles

It is the nature of storms to come in packs. If the conditions are right, the storms form. I suppose the problem is that we have had so few in the past decade so we forget or are too young to remember how it all goes down. 

[WOLFB]
Members
209 posts
4,682 battles
1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

It is the nature of storms to come in packs. If the conditions are right, the storms form. I suppose the problem is that we have had so few in the past decade so we forget or are too young to remember how it all goes down. 

Can't dissagree with that. Last true hurricane i went through was George in 1998...i was 2 so i don't remember much.

Also doesnt help that climate change has forced itself on us without consent. (If you know what i mean)

[HINON]
Supertester
18,904 posts
12,441 battles

So many disasters in the US you'd think the whole thing was built on an ancient Indian burial ground.

• Cool 7

[WOLFB]
Members
209 posts
4,682 battles
3 minutes ago, joris92 said:

I read: "Another weekend another potatoe hurricane. This getting out of hand"

Time for bed I think lol

Considering how well my weekend has gone (it hasnt) i don't think you're seeing things.

Edited by Saidalphon

[WOLFB]
Members
209 posts
4,682 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

So many disasters in the US you'd think the whole thing was built on an ancient Indian burial ground.

Pretty coincidental thing now isn't it. 

*puts on tinfoil hat* 

[WOLFB]
Members
209 posts
4,682 battles
3 minutes ago, GulfStorm said:

I sure hope this one turns away...but it probably won't. Had enough "fun" with Irma.

Considering i spent three days without power on the half of the island that was going to be affected THE LEAST by Irma.

Now that it's comming straight up the southern coast i dont even want to imagine how bad it's gonna get.

Edited by Saidalphon

Members
6,624 posts
25,265 battles

Why is this "getting out of hand"?

It is the new normal.

I am in South Florida so we are watching it closely.

[HINON]
Members
8,804 posts
10 minutes ago, Lert said:

To be fair we were a little overdue. The US hadnt had a major hurricane strike for 11 years.

Stay safe Saidalphon.

Edited by RipNuN2

[WOLFB]
Members
209 posts
4,682 battles
Just now, alexf24 said:

It is the new normal.

It's getting out of hand BECAUSE it is the new normal. We haven't had this many hurricanes and storms this quickly in quite some time.

It's not like climate change is a thing right? Must be a hoax. :Smile_sceptic:

[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,699 posts
3,259 battles
1 hour ago, Saidalphon said:

Well i can't believe this is my first ever topic and i'm honestly not sure where to place it. So general discussion it is then.

>Reads that

>Looks at post location

>Home> General gameplay discussion> General Discussion.

Jerkface mode disengage....

Seriously is [edited]. I thought I seen something on facebook about there actually being two, not one, more potential hurricanes forming in the Atlantic right now. Like, can we please get a break, Mother Nature? Or atleast send the Hurricanes to Montana and the other states that are burning?

[KNTAI]
Members
1,084 posts
5,947 battles

Previous NHC forecasts had Maria's core hitting Puerto Rico full on, then just the SW corner.

Even if the center missed PR completely, the Island would still be affected by the "dirty" side of the storm. It will be a floodfest.:Smile_sad:

Edit/Addendum: Saidalphon, I just saw your location, so my post above is info you already know.

Edited by Cruiser_SanJuan

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,297 battles
15 minutes ago, Lert said:

[-K-]
Supertester
3,085 posts
6,818 battles
6 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

It is the new normal.

It's not even the new normal.  It's the old normal.  Prior to 2006, hurricanes were a pretty common occurrence.  Then, all of a sudden, they kind of stopped.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
18,904 posts
12,441 battles
5 minutes ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

It's not even the new normal.  It's the old normal.  Prior to 2006, hurricanes were a pretty common occurrence.  Then, all of a sudden, they kind of stopped.

Something something climate works in cycles something something.

• Cool 1

Members
4,441 posts
6,137 battles
16 minutes ago, Saidalphon said:

It's getting out of hand BECAUSE it is the new normal. We haven't had this many hurricanes and storms this quickly in quite some time.

It's not like climate change is a thing right? Must be a hoax. :Smile_sceptic:

Climate change is not a hoax. If climate did not change from year to year and decade to decade and from century to century now that would be abnormal based on the climate record knowledge we have for the past 2,000 years which is pretty damn good. There is NO such thing as a static climate. The big debate now is is it natural variation or man made? Actually there have been centuries and epochs in the last 2,000 years that have been hotter than today and cooler than today. I am not convinced than anything out of the ordinary, based on the past, is going on. I am NOT some kinda denier but I have some issues with the hysteria that has been ginned up the past 20 years. You do know you can get a climate model to predict anything depending on what you put in in. Well time will tell.  May take a lotta time. 

Edited by dmckay
  • Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
18,904 posts
12,441 battles
4 minutes ago, dmckay said:

The big debate now is is it natural variation or man made?

Natural, but man influenced.

• Cool 3

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,276 battles
47 minutes ago, Saidalphon said:

To anyone else in the potential path of Tropical Storm Maria (and soon to be Hurricane) stay safe mates.

I just spent all day long helping my father hurricane proofing the house. Since we're pretty much about to get clobbered by this thing on Wednesday. 

We're gonna duke it out with nature so i hope everyone else fairs well. 

Fair seas mates. :Smile_honoring:

You didn't see the Off-Topic sub-forum, I take it?

[WOLFB]
Members
209 posts
4,682 battles
9 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Climate change is not a hoax.

Oh don't you worry I know that much. I'm just too good at sarcasm. 

I've also been studying geology for the past 4 years in college and the climate is a big part of it. So i'm well aware of how it works. :Smile-_tongue:

Edited by Saidalphon

[WOLFB]
Members
209 posts
4,682 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

You didn't see the Off-Topic sub-forum, I take it?

I'll be completely honest. I didn't. :Smile_sad:

If it needs to be moved i'll happily do so though.