Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kasirkin29

Advise on how to spend all my xp

21 comments in this topic

[TOTO]
Members
7 posts
2,195 battles

Just curious on what peoples opinions are on what I should cuz I cannot decide. I have about 280,000 free xp saved. Was planning on using it on Nelson. Now I have been reading people say she might not be worth it. My other choice is putting it into my German BB line as I am just about to finish off Bayern. Option 3 is skip half way up the British BB line. If this helps I have Tirpitz, Atlanta, Duca Aosta, Texas and few others as money making machines. I mostly play German line of everything. I have dabbled half way into French cruisers and have nothing in other nations other than 1st British BB. 

Thanks for any thoughts provided.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,706 posts
11,323 battles

You have 280k FXP with only 553 battles?! Wow.

My advice is never waste FXP skipping ships. (with the exception of the Izumo), not sure why someone want to skill fun low tier ships. Using it to upgrade stock ships seems more worthwhile but as long as there are FXP ships I haven't earned yet I wouldn't spend my FXP on anything else. 

I played the Nelson during the Corgi Fleet event and had fun with it. The heal is trollish.  Found the boat to be a lot of fun and I am more excited about adding the Nelson to my port now than before. 

[TOTO]
Members
7 posts
2,195 battles

Yeah, don't judge but I bought Tirpitz as my entry into the game. She made me alota of money/do in the early stages. I also never waste my free Premium days. So I take it your vote is  for Nelson.

Edited by kasirkin29

[HINON]
Members
8,800 posts
2 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

My advice is never waste FXP skipping ships. (with the exception of the Izumo), not sure why someone want to skill fun low tier ships. Using it to upgrade stock ships seems more worthwhile but as long as there are FXP ships I haven't earned yet I wouldn't spend my FXP on anything else. 

I played the Nelson during the Corgi Fleet event and had fun with it. The heal is trollish.  Found the boat to be a lot of fun and I am more excited about adding the Nelson to my port now than before. 

Zombie Nelson is a blast.

4HmQ1zR.gif

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,706 posts
11,323 battles
2 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Zombie Nelson is a blast.

4HmQ1zR.gif

As a Corgi Captain is was so fun.. people though they almost had me then... super heal!

[PVE]
Members
5,310 posts
17,747 battles

If there are not any ships your must have now, I would suggest using them to work on a 19 point captain. Biggest mistake I have made in the game is grinding ship lines, not the captains. 

• Cool 1

[TOTO]
Members
7 posts
2,195 battles

I considered going for Mo. It's just the grind is real for her. And she is like 50 bucks or so with conversion of all that XP. I don't find her worth it in my opinion. I have also wreaked a mo in close quarters with Tirpitz thanks to torps. Maybe one day I'll grind up the the American line and just get Iowa.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,136 posts

My best advice is NOT to blow it all.   Save it for researching modules, and/or getting through ships you just cannot stand.

Failing that, I'd say try out that fxp premium BB you mentioned.  You never know which ships will click with you!  Just because "others" are disappointed doesn't mean you'll be.  AND you'll have a Brit BB captain trainer.   I ended up liking MANY ships that the crowd dislikes- inc some that are favorites!   You'll always earn more free xp as long as you keep playing.

Personally, I'd advise against free xp=ing through half a tech tree line.  You'll miss all the experience you'd have gotten if you'd played through them all, and you'll not have an appropriately skilled captain to put in whatever higher tier ship you decide to start on.  Unless you have good Brit BB captains coming out of your ears, you'll end up with a poor low skill captain in your high mid tier ship.   Plus, you never know when you'll find a lower tier keeper.   For instance:  I ended up keeping EVERY USN BB- because I liked them all.  I still play them quite a bit, just for fun.  (or to grind credits, convertable xp, and captains)  Hell, I played Colorado so much I got the captain up to 19 points!  Now he grinds elite xp to boost other captains.

Edited by Fletcher7_1944
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,310 posts
17,747 battles

What Fletcher says is good advice, my only addition to what he says is that don't use the free xp on modules until you reach tier 7 or 8. The grind to upgrade lower tier ships is not hard, easily done in coop mode even. Don't waste the points until you reach the higher tiers if you must use them to upgrade. 

• Cool 1

[TOTO]
Members
7 posts
2,195 battles

Thanks, I will def not skip through Brit BB cuz I was more ship crazy and didn't even think about Captain. I'm gonna use some to finish of Bayern cuz I loathe that ship and wish to be in Gnes immediately. Is there a way to try ships B4 buying as I have not seen that option and buy Premium ships in hopes I won't hate them. So far no real regrets cept for maybe Degrassi.

[LOU1]
Members
2,854 posts
7,987 battles

There is still time left on the Public Test Server 0.6.11 Pt II this evening.  That is what I use to try out ships.  Research costs are very cheap (1 xp) in the areas they want to test.  Usually no premiums, though.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/pt0611-2/

Edited by ExploratorOne

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
1,816 posts
10,722 battles
1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Holy OP...

On the one hand, I thank OP for keeping this game afloat so I can play it mostly free.

On the other hand, I know why I am a little queasy when I see Tirpitz on my team...

Edited by chewonit
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,310 posts
17,747 battles
9 minutes ago, chewonit said:

Holy OP...

On the one hand, I thank OP for keeping this game afloat so I can play it mostly free.

On the other hand, I know why I am a little queasy when I see Tirpitz on my team...

Remember if you use a referral link, once you hit tier 6, they give you 80k free xp. Course the OP may just be very very good!

• Cool 1

[TOTO]
Members
7 posts
2,195 battles

Thanks for letting me know about public test. I'm simply a slightly more than casual player. I don't know all the inns and outs of the game like some people. I have some good games and some games I just wanna sail out and get in someone's grill and brawl (the last part doesn't have a high success rate). Also your welcome for the oodles of money I drop into this game ?. After a stressful day of work this game brings me much joy in it's simpleness.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,710 posts
9,402 battles

get the ROON, then Hindy .. save xp for the ship upgrades and MAX grind on them, german BB, I only have the Bis and had enjoyed it, but no where near the FGROBE, but if you enjoy the german line, then may I suggest you go ahead and buy PrinceEugen, train capt for the roon/hindy and enjoy it.

For the French Cruiser, visit the sub-forum and check it out, they are also fun to play (ppsshh don't tell anyone, German/French cruisers are my current to go ships, don't forget the perm camo this event too)

[NCBL]
Members
50 posts
7,504 battles
2 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

If there are not any ships your must have now, I would suggest using them to work on a 19 point captain. Biggest mistake I have made in the game is grinding ship lines, not the captains. 

This ^

Members
17,727 posts
5,084 battles
2 hours ago, kasirkin29 said:

Yeah, don't judge but I bought Tirpitz as my entry into the game. She made me alota of money/do in the early stages. I also never waste my free Premium days. So I take it your vote is  for Nelson.

Or hang on to it. You start getting into T8+ tech tree ships, that 280K will get you 5-7 ships fully upgraded from stock.

You do NOT want to be having to play ships at that level with stock hulls and engines.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,194 posts
4,125 battles
3 hours ago, kasirkin29 said:

Just curious on what peoples opinions are on what I should cuz I cannot decide. I have about 280,000 free xp saved. Was planning on using it on Nelson. Now I have been reading people say she might not be worth it. My other choice is putting it into my German BB line as I am just about to finish off Bayern. Option 3 is skip half way up the British BB line. If this helps I have Tirpitz, Atlanta, Duca Aosta, Texas and few others as money making machines. I mostly play German line of everything. I have dabbled half way into French cruisers and have nothing in other nations other than 1st British BB. 

Thanks for any thoughts provided.

Save it to buy Missouri.  Or save it to buy Nelson.  The next ship after Bayern is Gneisnau and it's very good, so don't waste it there.  

Sign in to follow this