Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Aristotle83

Just got my Konig!

12 comments in this topic

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles

After about 2 months I finally broke through at Tier V and earned my Konig. I love the ship and it works great for my existing play style! 

I have a question though. Stats wise the Konig seems basically like a Kasier clone with a few minor modifications and even some drawbacks(Konig is slower than Kaiser for example). However for some reason the Konig is so much more fun to play? Is there a logical reason for this? 

[LOU1]
Members
2,852 posts
7,980 battles

Congrats on the new ship!

I think you will find that stats are not everything.  Human beings are rational, not logical; rational includes "feels".  There are ships that are supposed to be good that other people love, that just don't "feel right" to me.  There are others that are dogs, but fit me like a glove.  For instance, you love the Konig.  For me, it was a chore to play in order to get to the Bayern, where I gave up and quit the KM line.  The only reason I have several KM BBs is that I got some KM ships in Santa Boxes last year and do love the Tirpitz (and Scharnhorst).  Graf Spee sits in port, as does Prinz Eugen.  Bismarck and I are still considering each other (earned in a mission).

You will find ships you love and ships you don't really like.  You are also still developing a play style, which tales quite a few battles.  Part of the fun of (and reason for) exploring all trees and classes.  Enjoy your ship and,

Have fun!

Edited by ExploratorOne
  • Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
2,852 posts
7,980 battles

And there is bit of logic for preferring it (i might have to revisit it):

Edited by ExploratorOne

Members
2,748 posts
6,229 battles

I really like the Konig. I still play it and enjoy it. Got one of my Krakens in it. The Gneisenau gave me fits and I rarely play it now.

[CYKA]
Members
52 posts
6,923 battles

Konig was an alright ship for me. For me once I got the T6 Bayern I fell in love with the ship. Currently have over 424,000 ship XP on her (and counting). 

shot-17.03.24_22.06.12-0339.jpg

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,341 posts
10,134 battles
2 hours ago, Aristotle83 said:

After about 2 months I finally broke through at Tier V and earned my Konig. I love the ship and it works great for my existing play style! 

I have a question though. Stats wise the Konig seems basically like a Kasier clone with a few minor modifications and even some drawbacks(Konig is slower than Kaiser for example). However for some reason the Konig is so much more fun to play? Is there a logical reason for this? 

Konig is more fun than Kaiser IMO because it is actually accurate. Kaiser has horrible accuracy. Shooting with Kaiser is like Stevie Wonder throwing rocks at something. Just horrible. Konig is super accurate even with the nerf to the sigma. The guns are laid out better on Konig too.

Also just as an FYI Konig is actually faster than Kaiser fully upgraded.

Konig is one of my favorite ships in the game period never mind BB. Kaiser is one of my least favorite. Konig is just so much better.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,341 posts
10,134 battles
2 hours ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

I really like the Konig. I still play it and enjoy it. Got one of my Krakens in it. The Gneisenau gave me fits and I rarely play it now.

Not a fan of Gneisenau either. Never liked it even though I do okay in it.

Nassau was okay for a T3. Really did not care for Kaiser at T4 but it is at least tough. Konig at T5 is awesome. Love Bayern at T6. Gneisenau at T7 not a fan as said. Bismarck at T8 is tough with awesome secondary's but the main guns are pretty inaccurate. When they hit they hit hard but it is rough. Still a good ship. Not sure I will try and move beyond Bismarck in KM BB?

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Members
1,504 posts
7,919 battles

Hey

The video about the sigma is no longer correct; correct me if I'm wrong but I thought they changed it a number of updates ago to like 1.8 because people were saying it was OP.  I find the dispersion tend to be length wise so you shells land horizontally more than vertically, so they seem to be more accurate.  I love the Konig, best T5 BB out there for me.  Such a good brawler ship, takes a licking and can dish it out.  Nothing beats those very close in circling battles, just you and the enemy and then he dies!!

Pete

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,341 posts
10,134 battles
5 hours ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

The video about the sigma is no longer correct; correct me if I'm wrong but I thought they changed it a number of updates ago to like 1.8 because people were saying it was OP.  I find the dispersion tend to be length wise so you shells land horizontally more than vertically, so they seem to be more accurate.  I love the Konig, best T5 BB out there for me.  Such a good brawler ship, takes a licking and can dish it out.  Nothing beats those very close in circling battles, just you and the enemy and then he dies!!

Pete

Yes, the sigma was nerfed a few patches ago from the original 2.0 to 1.8 or 1.9.  I referred to it in one of my posts above.

Members
1,504 posts
7,919 battles
5 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yes, the sigma was nerfed a few patches ago from the original 2.0 to 1.8 or 1.9.  I referred to it in one of my posts above.

Hey

It's a shame they Nerf'd it; it was one of the real bright spot in the German line for dispersion.  Still a great T5 ship just the same.

Pete

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,341 posts
10,134 battles
2 hours ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

It's a shame they Nerf'd it; it was one of the real bright spot in the German line for dispersion.  Still a great T5 ship just the same.

Pete

I agree. I think the nerf was uncalled for frankly. Konig has small guns at just 305MM for a T5 and has limited range at 16.5km. It already has a handicap in the gun dept and even more so when bottom tier. The extra good accuracy is what made up for that. Making it less accurate has hurt it. Still really good but not as good now. At 1st I didn't notice much difference after the nerf but now with many games I can see it is not as accurate (seems that way and my hit % has dropped). A real shame.

Beta Testers
25 posts
1,735 battles

I still have my Konig and the Bayern...I ran the Bayern during the last ranked season with good success...I think...

It's the faster reload I relish, smaller caliber be damned. The Konig and Iron Duke are the heavyweight BB's at tier V.

Sign in to follow this