Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
barcef

CAMO and FLAGS should last until you lose your boat

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1
[TSG4R]
Members
13 posts
1,120 battles

It would be great if the Camo and Flags lasted until you lost your boat.

Doesn't really make sense for you to lose something if you did not lose the match. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,886
[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,800 posts
5,064 battles

They are meant to be used once per match. It's why consumables also are reequiped after the battle.

 

You consumed one flag/camouflage paint for its bonuses for that particular match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
309
[HSD]
Members
739 posts
12,507 battles

I would think a change like that would just encourage more passive play.

It would reinforce "don't scratch my paint!" play style, as now there would be economic incentive to actively avoid dying/taking damage even at the cost of a win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,275
[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles

This mindset was once present, your Service cost depending on how much damage you took. It led to a passive playstyle with the last ship(s) hiding somewhere being afraid of the Repair Bill. That's why this system got removed. Your idea would throw us right back there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,639
[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
14,408 battles
4 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

This mindset was once present, your Service cost depending on how much damage you took. It led to a passive playstyle with the last ship(s) hiding somewhere being afraid of the Repair Bill. That's why this system got removed. Your idea would throw us right back there.

Gc9TxiF.gif

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,639
[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
14,408 battles
3 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

I thought your post about wanting to sail anywhere in the world was funnier.

skwYHmb.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
101
[VVV]
Beta Testers
810 posts
7,100 battles

Though I agree that it makes sense to not lose anything you've not used or lost due to a ship sinking, I too also believe it would invite more players to be passive and run from losing their ship. If anything knowing you will lose everything you placed on your ship currently will only push you to fight harder to get the most reward out of the camo and flags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,639
[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
14,408 battles
1 hour ago, Naviss said:

Though I agree that it makes sense to not lose anything you've not used or lost due to a ship sinking, I too also believe it would invite more players to be passive and run from losing their ship. If anything knowing you will lose everything you placed on your ship currently will only push you to fight harder to get the most reward out of the camo and flags.

OMwviC1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
704
[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles
2 hours ago, barcef said:

.......until you lost your boat.

"Boat"? "BOAT"?!!
These are ships, matey.

Submarines are "boats".

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,289 posts
2,399 battles

It would be also nice of premium time didn't subtract a time if you didn't play/login that day but thems the bricks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
376
[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,192 battles

What if your idea, but instead of being that you don't die, it's that you don't LOSE.

What if camo paints and flags lasted until you lost a game? :cap_cool:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,302 posts
3,255 battles
3 minutes ago, AirshipCanon said:

What if your idea, but instead of being that you don't die, it's that you don't LOSE.

What if camo paints and flags lasted until you lost a game? :cap_cool:

I like it the way it is, I can change out flags and camo without penalty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
376
[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,192 battles
18 minutes ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

I like it the way it is, I can change out flags and camo without penalty

If they weren't lost on winning, you'd still be able to do that thanks to inventory system.

You'd just not lose them were you to use them and win.

Unlike the TC's idea [which'd push more "gotta live" and bring back some problems no one wants], this would promote fighting to the very last for that win, and winning above all else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,302 posts
3,255 battles
3 minutes ago, AirshipCanon said:

If they weren't lost on winning, you'd still be able to do that thanks to inventory system.

You'd just not lose them were you to use them and win.

Unlike the TC's idea [which'd push more "gotta live" and bring back some problems no one wants], this would promote fighting to the very last for that win, and winning above all else.

If I used them in a game and could demount them in port, that\s silly. One of the problems this game has is it rewards winning too much as it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
10 posts
1,867 battles
On 9/18/2017 at 7:17 AM, Ghostdog1355 said:

I thought your post about wanting to sail anywhere in the world was funnier.

Whats the point of having a "Battle On" button if all is goin to be lost. May as well just go back to port as we have to stack up again with flags anyway. Seems a bit pointless to have that Button to me. Maybe just lose them when we go back to port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,743
[A-I-M]
Members
3,467 posts
14,141 battles
24 minutes ago, CommanderKeene said:

Whats the point of having a "Battle On" button if all is goin to be lost. May as well just go back to port as we have to stack up again with flags anyway. Seems a bit pointless to have that Button to me. Maybe just lose them when we go back to port.

1. Auto-resupply is a thing

2. So is necroposting. 2.5 YEARS, Clyde!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,325
[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,698 posts
7,106 battles

I can agree... You should also have to rebuy your ship for its original price in credits after it is sunk.  

 

Holy Necro Batman..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×