Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USMarine

Thank you WG (Hurricane Irma)

8 comments in this topic

[W-G]
Beta Testers
626 posts
4,927 battles

I would just like to take a moment (now that we have power again after a week of not having it) to thank War Gaming for putting a hold on my account and reallocating my premium time since we were unable to use it due to the hurricane. It was a long week with no water or electricity and I'm glad to be back! It's the little things. :)

<O

• Cool 4

Members
6,619 posts
25,219 battles

That is very nice.

I had power back within 24 hours and internet in 48 hours. No issues other than losing four trees by the sidewalk (South Florida).

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,768 posts
12,866 battles
15 minutes ago, USMarine said:

I would just like to take a moment (now that we have power again after a week of not having it) to thank War Gaming for putting a hold on my account and reallocating my premium time since we were unable to use it due to the hurricane. It was a long week with no water or electricity and I'm glad to be back! It's the little things. :)

Welcome back.  Of course, if your title is your life, one week without running water or electricity was probably a cake walk.

And yes, it often is the little things...not so much because of the "thing itself", but the thought behind it.

• Cool 1

[LANCE]
Members
288 posts
3,087 battles

Glad to hear you all mostly weathered the storm well!

i was deployed to Naples early Monday morning (live 20-ish mins from Tampa Bay and kept power and Internet throughout) to deploy our SatCom unit to allow communications with our EOC. It was awful to see the hardships some people are enduring but good to be part of helping to get help to them! Our mobile canteens are still being kept VERY busy!

.... and a +1 to WG for their understanding. Like said ... the little things often help

• Cool 1

[BOATC]
Members
297 posts
7,112 battles

I had them do this last year for Mathew. Didn't lose power, but internet was out for days.

• Cool 1

Members
2,748 posts
6,227 battles

USMarine I feel you man. I'm from the Houston area and it looks like west Beiruit in a lot of areas around here. I lucked out and didn't get flooded but the neighborhoods all around us bad. Good luck man.

• Cool 1

[W-G]
Beta Testers
626 posts
4,927 battles
5 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Welcome back.  Of course, if your title is your life, one week without running water or electricity was probably a cake walk.

And yes, it often is the little things...not so much because of the "thing itself", but the thought behind it.

Exactly.

For me it was fine except now I have a one-year-old and a wife to worry about lol

3 hours ago, Jazzyblaster said:

We're glad to have you back! :)

Glad to be back.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this