Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ddoubletapp1

Atago - Fire and Torpedoes.

7 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
760 posts
7,021 battles

I've been working on my IJN cruiser captain, recently - as I'm just about to purchase the T9 Ibuki - so have been sailing him in a few Atago games.

I've had the ship since I received it in one of the Santa-Boxes I purchased, last Christmas - but admittedly, hadn't played her very often recently (so many ships - so little time!).

Recent exposure has reminded me just how fun - and effective - she can be!

[CK5]
Members
780 posts
6,177 battles

The Atago is a great ship, but you might be disappointed in the Ibuki.  Save up your free xp and get to the Zao quickly. 

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
3 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

The Atago is a great ship, but you might be disappointed in the Ibuki.  Save up your free xp and get to the Zao quickly. 

Ibuki is a different type of play to the ships before her. She has wicked range with the upgrade, and good guns and arcs to get those shells out there.

She kites better than any other ship out there, with powerful fast torpedoes with good range, plus good speed and maneuverability to make it work.

• Cool 1

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,297 battles

IMHO  , the Ibuki is the best ship to know how to and how NOT to play the Zao.... dont skip it. It makes getting and playing the Zao that much more satisfying

• Cool 1

Members
6,619 posts
25,230 battles

Agree with pmgaudio. Don't skip Ibuki. It is a decent ship, different than Mogami (155) and Atago of course.

I sold it when I got to Zao but played like a Myoko I did ok in it.

[OPEC]
Members
925 posts
5,108 battles

Ibuki (like other tier IX) is not fun stock, but I'm having a lot more fun with her since fitting some of the upgrades.  Kind of plays like a fatter Mogami with a longer reload (if you are used to the 155's on the Mogami).

Members
878 posts
8,950 battles

Atago is a beast, was the best T8 cruiser imo until Kutuzov got the IFHE.  If the Prinz ever gets repair party it may push the Atago down further. 

Sign in to follow this