Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OgreMkV

Battle and Loadout QUestions

Battle Loadout  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Would like to see the battle lineup THEN choose the loadout on your ship (modules, flags, etc)?

• Yes
    • No

14 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
1,229 posts
8,066 battles

The idea here is to help avoid wasting AA flags and modules in a match with no aircraft carriers (for example). 

You wouldn't be able to change your ship, but you could change flags and modules after the match members were selected. 

It would probably result in a slightly longer delay in starting the match, but would prevent a lot of wasted flags and such. 

Members
1,246 posts
20,643 battles

Only thing is how much longer the wait time will be.  I'll bet there are some players that can't decide whether to mount 6 signals or half a dozen of them.

• Cool 1

Members
1,044 posts
8,288 battles
22 minutes ago, OgreMkV said:

It would probably result in a slightly longer delay in starting the match

This can be addressed by having presets. Give an option to have to and select consumables, flags, captains, modules and camo, and once in the load screen can select one or the other. In case of the long load - use the default one. 

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles

too much time, too complicated

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

I voted yes, but I think yes only if flags, not modules, and you see the number of each ship type, not the level of detail you have in the current loading screen.

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
7,648 battles
1 hour ago, slokill_1 said:

Only thing is how much longer the wait time will be.  I'll bet there are some players that can't decide whether to mount 6 signals or half a dozen of them.

I laughed harder at this then I should have.

[LOU1]
Members
2,892 posts
8,004 battles

Well, I think the current system is a good implementation of the "fog of war".  So, I voted no.  I would love to be able to spec for each battle, but it feels more realistic to me the way we do it now.  As it is, there are players that hover their finger over the ESC key so they can immediately exit upon seeing certain ships in order to respec or avoid certain ships.  I learned about that from a Ranked battle post by someone that did not want to face carriers.  Personally, I think that defeats some of the spirit and challenge of our battles.

You would probably hate WOT clan battles - you don't even know what you are facing until it is actually spotted and there is no notification of what shot you if it isn't spotted.  Sometimes, you don't discover the entire opposing line-up until the after-battle report.  Despite the best intelligence in the world, you never know exactly what you are going to run into around the next corner.  Its how you deal with it that is the best challenge.

Also, I have been a part of something like this in organized battles.  The planning takes quite a while even using voice chat.

Edited by ExploratorOne
  • Cool 1

[-TAB-]
Members
1,597 posts
5,126 battles

would you really want to enter battle with what you felt was the right loadout and flags, and still get deleted and experience a slaughter loss?

I have nothing left of what was miniscule amounts of confidence and pride to begin with. all I have left is blaming MM, RNG and bringing the wrong loadout and flags to the battle.

please don't take that away, I beg of you. please.

Members
1,246 posts
20,643 battles
7 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

Well, I think the current system is a good implementation of the "fog of war". 

You know, this is the best reason to keep it the way it is right now.  Makes sense.

[LOU1]
Members
2,892 posts
8,004 battles
14 hours ago, not_acceptable said:

would you really want to enter battle with what you felt was the right loadout and flags, and still get deleted and experience a slaughter loss?

I have nothing left of what was miniscule amounts of confidence and pride to begin with. all I have left is blaming MM, RNG and bringing the wrong loadout and flags to the battle.

please don't take that away, I beg of you. please.

The ONLY question related to your honor and dignity is:

Did you fight well?

http://www.nationalcenter.org/ChargeoftheLightBrigade.html

[FML]
Members
1,634 posts
9,910 battles
16 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

Well, I think the current system is a good implementation of the "fog of war".  So, I voted no.  I would love to be able to spec for each battle, but it feels more realistic to me the way we do it now.  As it is, there are players that hover their finger over the ESC key so they can immediately exit upon seeing certain ships in order to respec or avoid certain ships.  I learned about that from a Ranked battle post by someone that did not want to face carriers.  Personally, I think that defeats some of the spirit and challenge of our battles.

You would probably hate WOT clan battles - you don't even know what you are facing until it is actually spotted and there is no notification of what shot you if it isn't spotted.  Sometimes, you don't discover the entire opposing line-up until the after-battle report.  Despite the best intelligence in the world, you never know exactly what you are going to run into around the next corner.  Its how you deal with it that is the best challenge.

Also, I have been a part of something like this in organized battles.  The planning takes quite a while even using voice chat.

Whilst I understand the OP's frustrations with having Def AA when there are no CVs, or Sonar when there are CVs, I concur with @ExploratorOne's analysis.  

I did suggest that, during ranked seasons, that players could hot swap between ship classes in order to initiate a battle without being penalised, but this would literally have been going from the DD you had readied up with to a (eg) CL that was put into battle "as is", ie no modifying loadout.  

[-TAB-]
Members
1,597 posts
5,126 battles
7 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

The ONLY question related to your honor and dignity is:

Did you fight well?

http://www.nationalcenter.org/ChargeoftheLightBrigade.html

I fought hard, and played to the best of my ability.

seriously considering finding another game, as playing well is lost in a sea of overnerfed [edited]  up ships, combined with [edited]  up MM futility 7 out of 10 battles. at least this last weekend.

Sign in to follow this