You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
APA_204

Best use for damage control party upgrade?

11 comments in this topic

Members
2,430 posts
12,163 battles

I got a couple of these over the weekend and thought I would throw it out there to the great minds of this forum. Is there a ship or type of ship that these are worth using them on or are they better off being sold for space credits for gas and tolls?

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

If you are making a survivability build on your captain for say, high tier battleships, it is very useful. Keeping a long immunity period, like on US battleships for instance, is quite useful.

• Cool 1

Members
2,430 posts
12,163 battles
8 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

If you are making a survivability build on your captain for say, high tier battleships, it is very useful. Keeping a long immunity period, like on US battleships for instance, is quite useful.

Kinda what I'm thinking, I just got the Montana and with all the RN fire spam was thinking it could come in handy.

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
7,648 battles

Could be worth it, I don't remember what upgrade slot it goes and what you could lose out on by taking it but it seems like a decent choice. 

Members
2,430 posts
12,163 battles
6 minutes ago, Kevik70 said:

Could be worth it, I don't remember what upgrade slot it goes and what you could lose out on by taking it but it seems like a decent choice. 

1st one the left it would replace the one that provides: main battery stability or 100% survivability to secondarys and AA or -70% detonation

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
7,648 battles
Just now, Sweetsie said:

1st one the left it would replace the one that provides: main battery stability or 100% survivability to secondarys and AA or -70% detonation

Hmmm, kinda a tossup then, really depends if you want to save your AA mounts longer or not. While a bb might never be able to decimate full CV strike packages, having some AA allows for some passive xp boost in the form of dead planes. 

Members
2,430 posts
12,163 battles
2 minutes ago, Kevik70 said:

Hmmm, kinda a tossup then, really depends if you want to save your AA mounts longer or not. While a bb might never be able to decimate full CV strike packages, having some AA allows for some passive xp boost in the form of dead planes. 

I agree with that and the reality of this module is that it buys you 8 additional seconds of immunity. I see value in it but you really got to be on your game to use that effectively and if being targeted by multiple ships it really seems like a diminished perk.

[SCCC]
Members
1,132 posts
5,561 battles

You don't really lose your guns often in most T10 BBs and CVs are rare so AA doesn't really matter. It may be worth it to use it, but it's at the cost of either +100% AA/Secondary survivability or +50% Main Battery survivability.

• Cool 1

Members
2,430 posts
12,163 battles
2 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Warspite.

An additional 40% to a 5 second repair. I think you are on to something...

• Cool 1