You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OldFrog75

Ship Comparisons?

9 comments in this topic

Members
163 posts
411 battles

Does WoWS have a page in your Port where you can enter a number of ships for comparison of all the different characteristics one to the other, side by side on a large spreadsheet like in WoT?

Particularly useful for making Tank/Ship, Equipment, and Module Upgrade choices. 

Edited by OldFrog75

[D_DOG]
[D_DOG]
Members
128 posts
8,050 battles

Other than the Wiki page, not that I'm aware of, I never played WOT so not sure how best to compare.  There is no side by side comparison I am aware of.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,066 posts
7,616 battles
52 minutes ago, OldFrog75 said:

Does WoWS have a page in your Port where you can enter a number of ships for comparison of all the different characteristics one to the other, side by side on a large spreadsheet like in WoT?  

Sadly not.  The closest you'll get is when you launch into a match, you can mouse over the various ships in the roster and compare them to your own.  This doesn't give you a detailed statistic breakdown but rather a comparison of the arbitrary 1-100 values Wargaming has assigned to each category by which they define their ships. 

The big issue is that World of Warships doesn't have anywhere near as much open explanation of the systems, mechanics and performance values of its ships as World of Tanks does.  For example, you will not find any rates of rotation for the ships, just their rudder shift and turning circle size.  You also won't find their maximum speed in a turn which is also invaluable for calculating the rate of rotation.  More pressingly, you also won't find penetration values for the guns.  So even if you could compare two ships side by side, you wouldn't be able to really appreciate the breakdown between the two vessels to compare some of their assets properly.

Edited by LittleWhiteMouse
  • Cool 2

[SPTR]
Members
25,688 posts
10,843 battles

Its a nice idea to submit as suggestions to the game instead of constantly going back and forths between 2 ships in port like a yo-yo 

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Not only that, but for penetration if you're not getting it from say, multiple rounds of testing in the training room, a la LWM, you'd have to search up the gun online for their historical pen.

Most of the time it is reliable, but it is still a pain.

[-V-]
Members
803 posts
3,613 battles
2 hours ago, OldFrog75 said:

You can try the WoW fitting tool by Aesis. They keep it up to date.

http://wowsft.com/

Might not be exactly what your asking for, but you can input different ships, Capt's build, flag, etc.

Members
163 posts
411 battles
1 hour ago, AutisticScrub said:

I find this helpful but i don't know if your looking for something like this

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MSNQxCSfz2mzd92Av0QNkxRlCnXavIL6ItvCYqHkg7Y/edit#gid=940797842

That helps.  Not as clean, detailed, or flexible as what I had in mind but 10 times better than nothing (which is what I had prior to you posting this)  :cap_like:

Edited by OldFrog75