You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Hate towards BBs out of hand now?

Should AP Bombs be removed from the Game?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Should CV AP Bombs be removed from the game?

• Yes
    • No

109 comments in this topic

Skpstr 1,605
13,380 posts
4,352 battles
15 hours ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

I don't play the game to farm damage at all. I think your premise is fundamentally flawed.

I don't play to farm damage either, but so many other people do, that I think he has a point.....

2,471 posts
4,009 battles
2 hours ago, Sakuzhi said:

Here's the deal.

the USN AP bombs are fine. The KM Ones, will put it this way.

They OH-Wipe a Full HP Bismarck, period, the end.

That crapneeds to be re-nerfed into the ground. Doubly so seeing as they are pretty much skill-less to use. 

The Enterprise on the other hand will do 'maybe' 1/2 to 2/3s with their DBs, which is far less lel, [edited]OP as crap.

The Developers at the end of the day over-buffed the crapout of the Stuka's.

Oh, so now the battleships have to rely on cruisers for AA support?
Now the TEAM has to rely on cruisers for help?

What a concept! You have to work with your team! You have to get creative with your team! *GASP* What an atrocity that you have to be a team player! I mean, how awful is it that all 4 classes need to synergize in a game in order for your team to achieve victory! Wow, I guess I should stop playing then since I have to actually be a team player and not a selfish shellfish!

/sarcasm

Grow up.

2,244 posts
9,773 battles
1 hour ago, n00bot said:

Russian radar.  Surprised?

Actually, I am! I'm aware that Roo-Shin CAs at tier 8-10 have radar, but I did'nt know how far it reached. I assumed that they were equal to US radar. 11.7 km range for Roo-Shin CAs? Hogwash! Roo-Shin radar was, and still is, crap compared to Western radar. I guess this is another of WG's "Russian Greatness" (LOL) ploys.

[NMKJT] Destroyer_Suzukaze 463
2,105 posts
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

I don't play to farm damage either, but so many other people do, that I think he has a point.....

A lot of people do, but I am betting the majority don't, so you and I will have to disagree on this one

[-QP-] Hanger_18 50
523 posts
1,790 battles
20 hours ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

DD, CL. and CA's have been getting one salvo deleted for ages. Not seeing why BBs should be excluded from that. 

because they'll cry if they aren't

i hope WG releases the GZ as is. judging by the amount of "Muh BB" on reddit, i say we put her to work.

[WOLFB] knice_destroyer 150
535 posts
11,766 battles
2 hours ago, Vekta408 said:

Hmm... I guess I'm doing it wrong. I've been going after those, what I call, "Eagle Coins" medals. "I will find you and I will sink you". I "farm damage" off battleships because it takes forever to kill them. If it didn't take forever to kill them... I wouldn't have to farm damage off them. :Smile_great: 

Yes you are doing it wrong.  So I guess you or no one else here has ran IFHE and DE on Clevelands or Kutuzovs or any 152 mm gun cruiser and straight melted BBS in a short period of time.   Much less a zao or Khab.

16 hours ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

I don't play the game to farm damage at all. I think your premise is fundamentally flawed

Trigger Warning.  Anyway just because you don't, the majority do, that's how high xp numbers are gained through damage, everyone knows this no matter what class you play. 

[-QP-] Hanger_18 50
523 posts
1,790 battles
20 hours ago, DerKrampus said:

The GZ's bombs have what; 9 seconds of fall time, or something absurd like that?  If you don't want to eat those through the deck, it's as simple as getting aggressive.  The thread in question about one-shotting a Yamato (and yes, I'm assuming that your thread is a response to that one, even though you didn't come right out and say it) had a number of conditions attached to it. 

1)The Yamato was isolated, without anti-air support.  This is most likely because his fleet advanced into the fight, whilst he...

2)had stopped, and was doing the typical bow-on-and-reverse technique.  Because of this, he was a very slow, non-maneuvering, predictable target; literally the only sort of target that those bombs can currently punish.

3)The enemy CV had failed to secure air-superiority against what should -by all rights- be an easy ship to overwhelm.  The GZ's fighter coverage is pure garbage.

In other words, man-up and get into the fight and the GZ won't come along and drop bombs onto your head.  When loaded with AP bombs, it literally has no offensive capability against DDs, cruisers or battleships that are actively maneuvering.  And, it loses its planes absurdly quickly when attacking targets that aren't isolated in the open.  When loaded with HE bombs, it's little more than a fire-starting irritation.

I am also curious as to whether or not you've suffered as heavily from the Enterprise, and its AP bombs.  I've certainly not seen any shift in the passive meta since its introduction.

TLDR-

60222914.jpg

[SYN] IronWolfV 6,775
Beta Testers
30,468 posts
3,915 battles
21 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

The BB hate is getting out of hand now that AP bombs can 1 hot kill high HP BBs, I play a balanced mix of ships and would hate to suddenly have 1 class be so vulnerable, because while this was meant to be a team game you do not always get the support of a team all the time despite the best efforts of many players to try to be supportive of their team

Other thing is if you throw things too far off balance and have some freaky weapons that can be hard to counter then it can considerably hurt game in the long run since I have seen such things happen in other games with tragic results to game growth.

And keep in mind Graf Zeppelin is a tier 8 CV so if it can harm even a tier X BB so badly just imagine tier 6.

I just am of the opinion that maybe just have Wargamng stick with the normal CV weapons and not use AP since between Bomb damage, fires, Torpedo damage, and floods CVs still do enough damage, but in a more fair and understandable manner.

Now granted if they remove the AP bombs the CVs currently using them would need buffs to compensate.

Other concern is if BBs keep getting direct and these other types of Nerfs we may loose them as viable members of teams which is something I greatly enjoy no matter what ship Class I am using.

Lol with BBs around to set of fire with my Cruisers I can rack up quite the damage totals these days and when you add in Torpedoes it's very enjoyable, same with my DDs, and my CVs, my BBs usually do more conventional fight mainly using AP and slugging it out.

Perfectly ok for a BB to nuke a cruiser off the map, but I guess it's not cool for a BB to be nuked.

Boy that hypocrisy. Now I'm inspired to grab my Enterprise with AP bombs and go hunting.

• Cool 2

[NMKJT] Destroyer_Suzukaze 463
2,105 posts
36 minutes ago, knice_destroyer said:

Trigger Warning.  Anyway just because you don't, the majority do, that's how high xp numbers are gained through damage, everyone knows this no matter what class you play. 

I don't think the majority come to this game to farm damage. If people were to give a reason they play I doubt farm damage would be at the top

1,167 posts
5,589 battles
6 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

And that justifies the comparison of T10 Battleships to T8 Carriers? This is like comparing T5 Cruisers to T7 Carriers because of the unfavorable MM, and then acting surprised that they are not equal.

T8 or T10 doing a AA build on a Battleship right now is asking for a crispy death.

[NGA-A] DerKrampus 596
1,429 posts
2,951 battles
1 hour ago, Battleship_MaineMk1 said:

What a concept! You have to work with your team! You have to get creative with your team! *GASP* What an atrocity that you have to be a team player! I mean, how awful is it that all 4 classes need to synergize in a game in order for your team to achieve victory! Wow, I guess I should stop playing then since I have to actually be a team player and not a selfish shellfish!

/sarcasm

Grow up.

Rip thread.  Someone finally said it.  XD

O8toNwd.gif

[OPG3] yashma 620
3,076 posts
3,584 battles
1 hour ago, ReddNekk said:

Actually, I am! I'm aware that Roo-Shin CAs at tier 8-10 have radar, but I did'nt know how far it reached. I assumed that they were equal to US radar. 11.7 km range for Roo-Shin CAs? Hogwash! Roo-Shin radar was, and still is, crap compared to Western radar. I guess this is another of WG's "Russian Greatness" (LOL) ploys.

Roo-Shin radar also has a far shorter duration than Merican radar, and the extra range on Roo-Shin radar is pretty situational, because good luck hitting radar and then killing a DD 11km away in 20 seconds.  Roo-Shin ships need to get far closer than 11km if they ever want to have a prayer of killing anything with their radar.    

Edited by yashma

678 posts
5,587 battles
18 hours ago, knice_destroyer said:

Yes you are doing it wrong.  So I guess you or no one else here has ran IFHE and DE on Clevelands or Kutuzovs or any 152 mm gun cruiser and straight melted BBS in a short period of time.   Much less a zao or Khab.

Oh... well let me put IFHE on all my destroyers now... :Smile_honoring: On second thought I'll just continue to force damage control through flooding and fire DOT. 

Oh... oh wait. You were assuming I was talking about cruisers. Your bad. :Smile_teethhappy:  I guess I'll put IFHE on all my 203mm gunned cru-....wait a minute! :Smile_ohmy: 

Edited by Vekta408

6,975 posts
3,897 battles
4 hours ago, Battleship_MaineMk1 said:

You are pretty much an idiot I see.

Good to know, but for your simple, idiotic mind I'll [edited]tell you a few things.

Chaining Battleships to Cruisers that may or may not have DF-AA, that may or may not USE IT is pretty much the most retartded [edited]thing ever.

Not to mention I've been killed by the [edited]fantasy Graf while doing everything, including having a USN Cruiser CLOSE to me.

So yeah, how about this, next time you think of typing, stop, then shut the [edited] up. I've been killed at Full heatlth as a Bismarck by the [edited] Graf while in my own [edited]spawn not 3 minutes into the [edited]game.

I have been killed while at 30k+ HP in a QE, with an AA BUILD with a NOLA within 6km of me, with the [edited]Comically busted Graf-craphaving to dive bomb the worst possible [edited]angle. Still dead.

crapis OP, and needs to be nerfed into the [edited]ground, it's [edited]comical how idiotically powerful the DBs are on the Graf right now. They are just "insert instant delete here" unless the other CV can murder them, all 15+ of them.

And as mentioned, that's a bunch of horse-crap.

It's one thing to get killed when you make a mistake with over 50% of your HP left, it's another when you literally do everything correct, use 'teamwork' and you just get killed anyway because of moronic [edited]Developers that couldn't balance a CV for crapso everyone know has to deal with the massively UP Fighters and the Massively OP crapBombers.

Don't worry, they do the same crapto cruisers as well.

2,471 posts
4,009 battles
2 minutes ago, Sakuzhi said:

You are pretty much an idiot I see.

Good to know, but for your simple, idiotic mind I'll [edited]tell you a few things.

Chaining Battleships to Cruisers that may or may not have DF-AA, that may or may not USE IT is pretty much the most retartded [edited]thing ever.

Not to mention I've been killed by the [edited]fantasy Graf while doing everything, including having a USN Cruiser CLOSE to me.

So yeah, how about this, next time you think of typing, stop, then shut the [edited] up. I've been killed at Full heatlth as a Bismarck by the [edited] Graf while in my own [edited]spawn not 3 minutes into the [edited]game.

I have been killed while at 30k+ HP in a QE, with an AA BUILD with a NOLA within 6km of me, with the [edited]Comically busted Graf-craphaving to dive bomb the worst possible [edited]angle. Still dead.

crapis OP, and needs to be nerfed into the [edited]ground, it's [edited]comical how idiotically powerful the DBs are on the Graf right now. They are just "insert instant delete here" unless the other CV can murder them, all 15+ of them.

And as mentioned, that's a bunch of horse-crap.

I see a lot of "I" 's in there. Once more, individual gameplay is what is killing the game. Also, the more the classes become less dependent on cruisers, the more the game begins to break.

I see you want to perpetuate the issues that we currently face in this game. Also, it seems you have no command of the English language if you must resort to exercising the forum's expletive filter to get your point across.

Grow up.

[PLPTE] Psicopro 184
831 posts
3,706 battles

The problem with BB's is that they are both the most newbie friendly and require the most accurate gunnery to make effective.  People use the ship who don't know how to aim, and have failed to go and learn that skill with cruisers.  They do this because cruisers punish you heavily for mistakes.

People go to the path of least resistance, even though they might be like me and wind up finding cruisers more fun once you learn how to juke fire and control your detection and position.

If the BB population was smaller I think a lot of average players would find cruisers more appealing.  They don't though, because cruisers die when you make a mistake.

• Cool 1

2,471 posts
4,009 battles
3 minutes ago, Psicopro said:

The problem with BB's is that they are both the most newbie friendly and require the most accurate gunnery to make effective.  People use the ship who don't know how to aim, and have failed to go and learn that skill with cruisers.  They do this because cruisers punish you heavily for mistakes.

People go to the path of least resistance, even though they might be like me and wind up finding cruisers more fun once you learn how to juke fire and control your detection and position.

If the BB population was smaller I think a lot of average players would find cruisers more appealing.  They don't though, because cruisers die when you make a mistake.

ANY MISTAKE,

ANY

MISTAKE.

[WAIFU] SireneRacker 1,527
6,135 posts
5,401 battles
4 hours ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

T8 or T10 doing a AA build on a Battleship right now is asking for a crispy death.

Not when you can manage the Damage Control key and positioning. Also, and I think that you should know that by now, an AA-build does not exclude other skills. It is possible to have both Fire Prevention and AFT at the same time.

[U-P] donaldEpott 725
4,413 posts
9,722 battles

CV AP bombs should be an option for every US CV anyway. they lack the torpedo strength of the Japanese CVs. I am a BB driver and I think there is a lack in CV play as is. I have been taking up playing CVs more lately and think that AP bombs would balance the gap between US and Japanese CVs. It would also bring a better matchup in MM as more people would be compelled to play CL/CAs and DDs.

351 posts
5,608 battles
14 hours ago, IronWolfV said:

Perfectly ok for a BB to nuke a cruiser off the map, but I guess it's not cool for a BB to be nuked.

Boy that hypocrisy. Now I'm inspired to grab my Enterprise with AP bombs and go hunting.

ACtually it isnt, unless the cruiser is being a potato, tone down the over match mechanic against cruisers and the games would get better.

The fact that these AP bombs are specifically targeted at one line is the issue, the least maneuverable BBs at T9 and T10 are hit the hardest. 

3,585 posts
4,524 battles
16 hours ago, Eichbomb said:

You mean like CAs getting one shot by BBs? Yea it would be a shame if BBs had something to worry about.

CAs still require multiple Citadel hits and they can burn a BB to the ground or flood it lol.

Must say I have been enjoying using CAs lol.

Major reason I like BBs being in battles is they are the easiest things to hit due to their size and thanks to their high HP pools you get very nice rewards after the battle from damage done to them.

And the AP Bombs should be of concern to CA Captains as well because those bombs can rip through your CA Citadel...

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[RS] Paulo2011 118
356 posts
10,015 battles

I voted no even though I think the AP bombs are the spawn of Satan and a Sadist, pure evil.

I do however think that we should give Wargaming a break on this. We've been complaining for as long as the game has been around about CV play. That they are trying to encourage more CV play is understandable and adding this new feature is a tiny step in that direction. The fact that they have now made CV's back into overpowered monsters and AA is hardly effective in protecting a ship from them is purely a matter unintentional consequences. I am fairly confident that once we have a few months of stats they will promptly nerf the AP bombs to be more reasonable. Or at least make AA more effective against AP dive bombers.

[OO7] Madwolf05 1,860
5,412 posts
2,882 battles

BBs getting 1 attack deleted? Oh dear me, let me find where I put all my care at. I'm sure it's somewhere in a DD or Cruiser. Or possibly between the 5 BBs per side in most games.

Cruisers literally have no voice, and get no feedback, and DDs are pretty much on the same level. Meanwhile, the poor best ship type in the game has War Gaming tripping over themselves so that any 2 year old with a hammer won't get punished too hard for doing everything possible wrong.

• Cool 1

[E-E] HazeGrayUnderway 2,728
10,874 posts
10,001 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

CAs still require multiple Citadel hits and they can burn a BB to the ground or flood it lol.

Must say I have been enjoying using CAs lol.

Major reason I like BBs being in battles is they are the easiest things to hit due to their size and thanks to their high HP pools you get very nice rewards after the battle from damage done to them.

And the AP Bombs should be of concern to CA Captains as well because those bombs can rip through your CA Citadel...

BB life is not hard.  It's all about not overexposing yourself and managing your consumables correctly.

AP bombs aren't a concern for Cruisers because they'll overpen us.  There are a specific few, i.e. Mosvka that have to worry, but in general, Cruisers are fine.  Not to mention Cruisers have the option of Defensive Fire.  AP bombs were specifically catered for big armored targets.  Of the new and upcoming threats, deep water torps are the bigger danger to Cruisers than AP bombs.  AP Bombs overpen Cruisers for piddly damage, but DW torps have very low detection and Cruisers have poor HP pools, worthless TDS, and most of them lack Repair Party.  That's what I'm more worried about, other than the traditional 4-5 BBs trying to shoot at my Cruiser every match.

[RUST] NCC81701 184
725 posts
8,896 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Xp & Credit reward are based on %HP taken off a ship. Taking out 50% of the HP pool from a DD is worth as much as taking out 50% of the HP pool of a GK even though the damage number is much higher when you do that to a GK.

• Cool 2