You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Hate towards BBs out of hand now?

Should AP Bombs be removed from the Game?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Should CV AP Bombs be removed from the game?

• Yes
    • No

109 comments in this topic

[WOLFB] knice_destroyer 150
535 posts
11,766 battles

Get rid of Battleships and suddenly what will CVS farm damage off of exactly? What will cruisers farm damage off of with HE spam and fires? What will dds farm damage off of with torps and Russian dds with guns?  That's why people play cruisers and cvs and dds, is for one reason and one reason only is to farm that damage, the same way battleships do.  You take that away and what game do you got?  Just wrap your heads around that one and really think about it.

[NMKJT] Destroyer_Suzukaze 463
2,105 posts
22 minutes ago, knice_destroyer said:

Get rid of Battleships and suddenly what will CVS farm damage off of exactly? What will cruisers farm damage off of with HE spam and fires? What will dds farm damage off of with torps and Russian dds with guns?  That's why people play cruisers and cvs and dds, is for one reason and one reason only is to farm that damage, the same way battleships do.  You take that away and what game do you got?  Just wrap your heads around that one and really think about it.

I don't play the game to farm damage at all. I think your premise is fundamentally flawed.

• Cool 1

1,167 posts
5,589 battles
3 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

AA builds still work, several of my ships can confirm that

Let me know when they save you from 3 fires.

[WAIFU] SireneRacker 1,527
6,135 posts
5,401 battles
7 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Let me know when they save you from 3 fires.

Damage control timing, shellbeats, and the correct usage of Concealment do.

• Cool 3

1,167 posts
5,589 battles
14 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

Probably not but regardless you will take a lot more damage from fire than CVs with either build.

You do realize this is a BB thread right?

943 posts
3,007 battles

Aw, is the poor BaBBy upset that there is something in this cancerous BB dominant meta that can deal a significant amount of damage to him? 

LJ8pW.gif

• Cool 3

6,135 posts
5,401 battles
5 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Probably not but regardless you will take a lot more damage from fire than CVs with either build.

You do realize this is a BB thread right?

Appearantly not, appearantly CVs deal massive damage otherwise the OP wouldn't have made this thread

1,167 posts
5,589 battles
16 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

Appearantly not, appearantly CVs deal massive damage otherwise the OP wouldn't have made this thread

There is no apparently about it, although they have now been surpassed by the Conqueror.  

HE shouldn't be an issue for Cruisers, most ships are going to fire AP at them and you can dodge most shells anyway.

6,135 posts
5,401 battles
3 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

There is no apparently about it, although they have now been surpassed by the Conqueror.  

HE shouldn't be an issue for Cruisers, most ships are going to fire AP at them and you can dodge most shells anyway.

Conqueror is a special case and is unlikely to remain in the state she is right now. Though funny is that the AP-Bombs, which were the subject of the OP, only exist at T8 right now. So any sort of comparison with T10 Battleships is flawed by default. 

565 posts
1,461 battles

Sure a Graf could harm a tier X but thats assuming the planes don't get shredded to bits before even releasing their payload first, and you made mention of being 1-shotted as a BB then is it not hypocritical to not consider of what of the other ship types who have always suffered that in the hands of BBs? 

And besides, as far as updates went, the other ship types were normally the ones to be shafted instead of BBs. 

1,167 posts
5,589 battles
7 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

Conqueror is a special case and is unlikely to remain in the state she is right now. Though funny is that the AP-Bombs, which were the subject of the OP, only exist at T8 right now. So any sort of comparison with T10 Battleships is flawed by default. 

I face more T8 CVs at T10 than T10 CVs. 

6,135 posts
5,401 battles
5 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

I face more T8 CVs at T10 than T10 CVs. 

And that justifies the comparison of T10 Battleships to T8 Carriers? This is like comparing T5 Cruisers to T7 Carriers because of the unfavorable MM, and then acting surprised that they are not equal.

812 posts
11,018 battles

I'm still undecided about the AP bombs. I have yet to be hurt really badly by them in my BBs. Then they are still in development and not fully spread throughout the game.

I haven't even used them yet myself. I just really don't like the idea of having a weapon that's effective for only one class of ships. BBs are usually the last ships I have to worry about when I'm in a CV. Unless I'm leaving port on a dedicated BB killing mission I don't see it being worth it. I guess I should experiment with them in coop for a few games but for now I don't have enough info/experience to vote yes or no.

[SIM] SkaerKrow 732
1,793 posts
3,101 battles

No, I don't see AP Bombs as a problem in and of themselves. CVs need a significant rework, but that's not the fault of AP Bombs. Deep Water Torpedoes, on the other hand, will have a detrimental effect on the game because they will not just validate, but will necessitate incredibly timid BB play. 

[E-E] HazeGrayUnderway 2,728
10,874 posts
10,001 battles
10 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

In addition, if you are in a spot where 3 fires are a regular thing on you, you done f--ked up.

As for the AP bombs, they specifically target German BBs with their focus on horizontal protection, and "f--k anything else that has any sort of angle."  German BBs are tough as nails with the typical shell arcs of most engagement ranges.  Their protection against more vertical threats is s--t.  You're basically impregnable against typical BB gunnery but vulnerable to something else.

Mind you, USN BBs do not have this problem.  They do not have the "citadel immunity" of German BBs and they definitely do not have the below waterline citadels of some RN BBs.  But the Yanks got better protection vertically, as was historical, as well as realizing the importance of AA.  In game, USN BBs withstand AP bombs much better, it's the quirky design of German BBs that eat AP bombs.

Unless the USN BB is isolated, or has its AA mounts eaten up, it doesn't have much to worry from a CV.  German BBs however that tend to ignore AA, well, you get what's coming to you.

Wait until Tier VII-X tech tree USN CVs get their AP bombs, some even bigger than Enterprise's 1000lb AP bombs.

===

A BB should be just about as worried about a CV that can hit you with TB & DB attacks.  Torpedo floods force a DCP use, the CV waits that out, then sends the DBs to land fires with your DCP on a cooldown and the protection period gone.  You're just as f--ked as any AP bomb drop.

That has been a tactic in the game forever with CVs.  People want to ignore their AA?  Please do go on and feed CVs so they can get big numbers.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[PLPTS] n00bot 32
102 posts
3,636 battles
14 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

And what's the DD hangup on radar? Only a few ships have it, from tier 7 up. It's not like radar is available for all Cruisers.

God vision through any obstacle up to 12km?  Exactly zero ships should have this.  And when you get 2-3 radar cruisers in a game, it's basically permanent radar.  What's a DD supposed to do?  There are no effective counters except to run and hide in the corner and do zero damage.  Boo.  Broken.

[NGA-A] DerKrampus 596
1,429 posts
2,951 battles
51 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

A BB should be just about as worried about a CV that can hit you with TB & DB attacks.  Torpedo floods force a DCP use, the CV waits that out, then sends the DBs to land fires with your DCP on a cooldown and the protection period gone.  You're just as f--ked as any AP bomb drop.

Or the opposite.  The light you on fire, wait for you to put it out, and then flood you with torpedoes.

6,975 posts
3,899 battles
17 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

And keep in mind Graf Zeppelin is a tier 8 CV so if it can harm even a tier X BB so badly just imagine tier 6.

Here's the deal.

the USN AP bombs are fine. The KM Ones, will put it this way.

They OH-Wipe a Full HP Bismarck, period, the end.

That crapneeds to be re-nerfed into the ground. Doubly so seeing as they are pretty much skill-less to use. 

The Enterprise on the other hand will do 'maybe' 1/2 to 2/3s with their DBs, which is far less lel, [edited]OP as crap.

The Developers at the end of the day over-buffed the crapout of the Stuka's.

2,244 posts
9,773 battles
38 minutes ago, n00bot said:

God vision through any obstacle up to 12km?  Exactly zero ships should have this.  And when you get 2-3 radar cruisers in a game, it's basically permanent radar.  What's a DD supposed to do?  There are no effective counters except to run and hide in the corner and do zero damage.  Boo.  Broken.

Really? What ship has radar with that much range? My Des Moines has a radar range of 9.9 km. Indianapolis, 9.9. Atlanta, 8.49. Please tell me how to get "up to 12km" on my radar please.

And you say that zero ships should have radar? How about zero DDs can launch torpedoes from smoke without being revealed? Both of those would be bullcrap. There's only a few Cruisers with Radar, so deal with it.

678 posts
5,587 battles
13 hours ago, knice_destroyer said:

Hmm... I guess I'm doing it wrong. I've been going after those, what I call, "Eagle Coins" medals. "I will find you and I will sink you". I "farm damage" off battleships because it takes forever to kill them. If it didn't take forever to kill them... I wouldn't have to farm damage off them. :Smile_great: 

*enter AP bombs * "You Rang?" :Smile_glasses:

[PLPTS] n00bot 32
102 posts
3,636 battles
1 hour ago, ReddNekk said:

Really? What ship has radar with that much range? My Des Moines has a radar range of 9.9 km. Indianapolis, 9.9. Atlanta, 8.49. Please tell me how to get "up to 12km" on my radar please.

Russian radar.  Surprised?

[E-E] HazeGrayUnderway 2,728
10,874 posts
10,001 battles
1 hour ago, DerKrampus said:

Or the opposite.  The light you on fire, wait for you to put it out, and then flood you with torpedoes.

Lots of different ways.  Hell, they see someone under duress from HE spam, all you got to do is land ONE torp and that f--ker is done.  Not right away, but they may as well head back to port.

[WFR] SinisterSe7en 56
390 posts
18 hours ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

DD, CL. and CA's have been getting one salvo deleted for ages. Not seeing why BBs should be excluded from that. 

So very, very correct. It's high time they got a little more fun and engaging.

[WOLF4] Eichbomb 104
433 posts
19 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

The BB hate is getting out of hand now that AP bombs can 1 hot kill high HP BBs, I play a balanced mix of ships and would hate to suddenly have 1 class be so vulnerable...

You mean like CAs getting one shot by BBs? Yea it would be a shame if BBs had something to worry about.