Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Zed3

Clear skies against the GZ Test ships?

8 comments in this topic

Members
146 posts
11,282 battles

I was up againast a GZ Test II this evening, regular match with one CV to a side, and shot down 44 of its planes, and two other scout planes.  I did not receive a Clear Skies award.  I guess I don't understand show the award works - I thought it was 50% of the planes? Do the untapped/unlaunched scout planes count against that total?

[WOLF5]
Members
1,481 posts
2,042 battles
2 minutes ago, Zed3 said:

I was up againast a GZ Test II this evening, regular match with one CV to a side, and shot down 44 of its planes, and two other scout planes.  I did not receive a Clear Skies award.  I guess I don't understand show the award works - I thought it was 50% of the planes? Do the untapped/unlaunched scout planes count against that total?

Isn't it 50 planes as well, or is it thirty?

And it may not have been half. Including everything in the hangar, and all the float planes, a T8 match has A LOT of planes.

Members
146 posts
11,282 battles
5 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Isn't it 50 planes as well, or is it thirty?

I read at least 30 and 50%. I'd have gotten more but a DD sank me after slipping past the other ships during a typhoon

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,308 posts
9,382 battles

Considering that the GZ has 72 aircraft, and most of the cruisers and battleships have at least 3 or 4, that's a lot of aircraft.

• Cool 1

[OBS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
171 posts
7,645 battles

It's for the total # of enemy planes combined (scout fighters + all unlaunched planes).  Most ships at T8 or above have 4+ so that's alot of planes :(

[RKLES]
Members
7,083 posts
8,720 battles

Lol maybe if you sink the enemy CV those unlaunched planes should count since technically the planes are down since the ship carried them down to the sea floor... 

:Smile_teethhappy:

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,542 posts
13,992 battles

Catapult aircraft add to the total that have to be shot down.  Very, very hard to get Clear Skies as a Non-CV.  It wasn't always like this, earlier at launch a lucky AA ship could realistically get Clear Skies.  Used to get them all the time with Cleveland and Atlanta, but it's unlikely these days.  WG for some reason screwed it up.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Sign in to follow this