Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Amatsukaze_KaiNi

Could use a bit of help

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
624 posts
7,296 battles

Any programs that I need to install in order to play this game?
I mean, I can run the game on this somewhat new Laptop and has a fairly decent FPS ( 25-35 FPS, on medium setting ) and still I am having this stuttering FPS Lag where my FPS goes to "0/Zero" for 3-10 seconds

Not to mention, this laptop was rebooted and were reset-ed and still this Laptop is still having that stuttering FPS lag. So I have a doubt I'm missing some programs or apps ( like Microsoft Visual C++ for instance, I only have the 2005, 2008 and 2010 of them )

Also that the fact I move to this Laptop is that the new Windows 10 Update ruined my PCs performance ( even though is a potato/toaster PC )

PC Specs if needed:
Processor: Intel Core i3 4005U @1.70GHz ( 4 CPU's )
Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics Family
RAM: 4 GB RAM DDR3
DirectX Ver.: 12


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
780 posts
6,740 battles

If you're playing the game i'm pretty sure you have all the C++ files you need.

 

2 Things that come to mind.... make sure your power settings are set to high performance.. and add the warships directory to your exceptions list in antivirus software (windows 10 has defender by default running iirc)

 

edit: there was also a post recently about windows 10 causing the stuttering and a fix from microsoft will soon be coming...

edit 2: oh and if you have the wargaming game center running... disable it

Edited by Dahdrael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,819
Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Aslains modpack has a few mods that you can run that will help run the game better on slower pc's.

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
624 posts
7,296 battles
30 minutes ago, Dahdrael said:

If you're playing the game i'm pretty sure you have all the C++ files you need.

 

2 Things that come to mind.... make sure your power settings are set to high performance.. and add the warships directory to your exceptions list in antivirus software (windows 10 has defender by default running iirc)

 

edit: there was also a post recently about windows 10 causing the stuttering and a fix from microsoft will soon be coming...

edit 2: oh and if you have the wargaming game center running... disable it

Thanks.
Any link to where to download most of the  C++?

And I already set it on high performance, but how do you do that?

Oh, good to know

Its disabled once I start the game

 

 

1 minute ago, Wulfgarn said:

Aslains modpack has a few mods that you can run that will help run the game better on slower pc's.

 

 


Like the compressed Textures?
Still thinking about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,819
Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
2 minutes ago, DJ_PON3_ZaNe said:

Like the compressed Textures?

Still thinking about it

Yes, I think there are three levels that you can choose from.

Mentioned above was not running the WG Game Center. Run the game via the WOWS .exe without running the Game Center. That thing causes all kinda issues.

Check to make sure you aren't running in DX11 mode in your graphics setting. Well, unless you're running Dx11. Change it to DX9. When they implemented it, the setting for DX11 is already selected regardless of what you are runing.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
780 posts
6,740 battles
3 minutes ago, DJ_PON3_ZaNe said:

Thanks.
Any link to where to download most of the  C++?

And I already set it on high performance, but how do you do that?

C++ usually gets installed when you install certain programs that need the files (visual studio) etc so if the game is running you should have all you need... you can search for downloads if you want to install extra.. but you probably wont utilize them for WoWs... just make sure you download them from the microsoft site and not a third party if you chose to go that route..

 

not 100% on win 10.. but  go to control panel -> power options and pick from there..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7
[FFLY]
[FFLY]
Members
61 posts
25,462 battles

when my pc was having problems things i did to help it were   disable post processing in graphic settings.  Also had to go into task manager and under services  select  WMPNetworkSvc  -Windows media Player Network Service.  Select that then right click and select stop service.  had to do that twice as it restarts twice then stops.         Good luck matey.

Edited by SHELLBACK_2
error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×