Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MorbidGamer

Shimakaze is OP

12 comments in this topic

Members
2,081 posts

Man, I had leveled up to T9 over a year ago... But never bothered to finish. Today I said screw it and blew Free XP to skip T9 and HOLY COW! OOOOPPPP! Ship feels great... All I ever heard was how bad it was. 

ih5p8gQ.jpg

Seriously, don't listen to the naysayers... Really the only thing I can't decide on is 20 km or 12 km torps... 20km is so fun to spawn snipe with. A lot of people expect 10-12km torps and don't bother turning lol. Plus they are great for when lemming trains try and run away.

CfdZK2s.png

P.S.

Can't wait to smoke farm once the nerf hits. :Smile-_tongue:

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles

Shima certainly has a niche. And when it gets the game with no radar or cv's........it is indeed glorious.

[AR15]
Members
280 posts
6,100 battles
25 minutes ago, MorbidGamer said:

. 20km is so fun to spawn snipe with.

If only they were not spotted from the moon. Make them spotted 500 meters further out than 12km torps and that would be fair. But 2.5km base? that's insane.

Members
2,081 posts
1 minute ago, RevBC said:

If only they were not spotted from the moon. Make them spotted 500 meters further out than 12km torps and that would be fair. But 2.5km base? that's insane.

Yeah, but the surprise on peoples faces when they are 18 km, about a min later when they get 15km to cap and a wall of skill washes over them... Priceless. Works great on those lemming trains trying to all go for one cap at the start of the game.

Members
26 posts
8,423 battles

I play with 8km torps. 20km torps are too slow for me. 20km torps would be better with the +5km -20% range captain skill. 12km torps have too long of a reload for me, 

[SALVO]
Members
16,721 posts
17,314 battles
35 minutes ago, SalvoSanta said:

Youll have 5 games in a row with a solo cap amd 1200 damage now. Feast or famine, the life of a shimakaze.

It's often feast or famine in all IJN DD's.  Short of making suicide torp runs, you have little control over whether your torps hit or not.  You aim the best you can, but you can't do a thing if an enemy decides to change course or speed even when he's unaware that torpedoes are heading towards him.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,745 posts
7,373 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

It's often feast or famine in all IJN DD's.  Short of making suicide torp runs, you have little control over whether your torps hit or not.  You aim the best you can, but you can't do a thing if an enemy decides to change course or speed even when he's unaware that torpedoes are heading towards him.

This. I've lost count of the beautiful ambushes I've set up, only to have the whole group just turn when the torps are halfway there. It's effing infuriating in the extreme.

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,807 battles

Haven't played the Shima on the live server (yet) but played it a lot on the PTS, flipping between 12km and 8km torps. I definitely prefer the 8km torps. With so many ships running either sonar, radar or recon planes, the 8km torps seem to provide the best chance to ambush any target. Torp wall FTW!!

Members
675 posts
3,956 battles
4 hours ago, SalvoSanta said:

Shimakaze with rpf and the f3 torps. Now that my friends is exciting gameplay.

Now you talk about a good strategy. I do that too. I always know that way where the enemy DD is when I combined that with experience of the map.

[ADAPT]
Members
815 posts
12,812 battles

the early always nice...then.......the raging begin....saw it , felt it and experienced it..welcome to the club of never ending trolling..hahahahaha

Sign in to follow this