Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mous1

Average life of a BB

18 comments in this topic

Members
258 posts
3,363 battles

I SHOULD (GIT BETTER)

Edited by mous1
It was just a rant.

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,212 posts
6,433 battles

You know, just today I had a game where I could just play arounf with Battleships, they pretty much ignored me. So my Roon gets in total 150 hits with HE shells, guess the amount of fires I got. Five... and my salvos tended to deal 1-3k damage only, so my overall damage output was pathetic.

Just for comparison, a stray BB shell hitting the aft of the Roon will deal 4-5k damage, overmatching makes it possible.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

...and? The battleship can delete a cruiser. The cruiser cannot do that.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
4 hours ago, mous1 said:

"O look a cruiser that is shooting at me" fires salvo(cruiser dodges) and by the time you hit a shell the cruiser has already half healthed you and you only do 1k damage. THUMBS UP

wwhIoDu.gif.002e0e8d58fec8a21435bbb0b820

Members
2,274 posts
7,338 battles

If you cant hit a cruiser and lose half Hp its your fault.

Thumbs up.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,741 posts
7,373 battles
20 minutes ago, awildpervert said:

BB players are whining about not being able to hit cruisers and full pin them...huh?

Considering how often they're on the forums whining and crying, I'm surprised they have any time to actually play. It's clear that BBabies know next to nothing about the game.

Members
2,274 posts
7,338 battles
5 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Considering how often they're on the forums whining and crying, I'm surprised they have any time to actually play. It's clear that BBabies know next to nothing about the game.

Please dont generalize, we have lots of good BB players and they get a bad reputation because of a few potato whiners.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,741 posts
7,373 battles
1 hour ago, Xlap said:

Please dont generalize, we have lots of good BB players and they get a bad reputation because of a few potato whiners.

I said BBabies, that doesn't include all BB players, that's common understanding, at least I thought it was. It refers to that subset that ruins the game for us all, including BB mains that actually play their ships well, and function as part of the team and community. Hell man, I love to run my BB's. Love, love, love it.

I'd have thought the "whining and crying" part would have helped anyone avoid thinking I was generalizing. Lolz. Sorry you felt that way.

Members
2,274 posts
7,338 battles
1 hour ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

I said BBabies, that doesn't include all BB players, that's common understanding, at least I thought it was. It refers to that subset that ruins the game for us all, including BB mains that actually play their ships well, and function as part of the team and community. Hell man, I love to run my BB's. Love, love, love it.

I'd have thought the "whining and crying" part would have helped anyone avoid thinking I was generalizing. Lolz. Sorry you felt that way.

If you werent generalizing than i apologize. Is just that there is a lot of hate against BBs in the last few months. BBabies used to be only to whiners but lately im seeing many guys use to refer to all BB players.

:Smile_honoring:

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
8 hours ago, mous1 said:

"O look a cruiser that is shooting at me" fires salvo(cruiser dodges) and by the time you hit a shell the cruiser has already half healthed you and you only do 1k damage. THUMBS UP

Learn to aim.  

[POI--]
Members
171 posts
1,989 battles
7 hours ago, mavfin87 said:

Learn to aim.  

In fact, it's possibly one of the few "weak" spots of battleships: the need to aim well, because attempts are (relatively) few and far in between.

[SCCC]
Members
1,132 posts
5,571 battles

*Blow DCP on 1 fire* What did you expect? Cruisers rule at long range :cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
877 posts
7,315 battles
8 hours ago, Xlap said:

If you werent generalizing than i apologize. Is just that there is a lot of hate against BBs in the last few months. BBabies used to be only to whiners but lately im seeing many guys use to refer to all BB players.

:Smile_honoring:

The hatred against BBs is really limited to the forums and then, only to the particular subclass called "BBabies" of that population. Now DDs, CAs, & CVs on the other hand.... receives hate with a passion deemed excessive by most extremists groups, usually by that same subclass, everywhere. Its just the other 3 classes of ships are just getting tired of it and resorting to the same attacks used against them.

[STORM]
Alpha Tester
1,016 posts
2,604 battles
19 hours ago, mous1 said:

You know what's funny? Cruisers think that they do no damage to a BB and get one hit KO'd by BB's. Maybe both playerbases need to play both kinds of ships and realize there are ups and downs. I've got one of every ship line in game except CV and I find they all have their: "I got one hit KO'd" moments and "Holy crapI just one hit KO'd that poor son of a gun!" moments.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
1 hour ago, 1An0maly1 said:

You know what's funny? Cruisers think that they do no damage to a BB and get one hit KO'd by BB's. Maybe both playerbases need to play both kinds of ships and realize there are ups and downs. I've got one of every ship line in game except CV and I find they all have their: "I got one hit KO'd" moments and "Holy crapI just one hit KO'd that poor son of a gun!" moments.

Yes.  I have both Dev-striked a cruiser in one salvo with a BB, and also burnt a BB to a crisp from a cruiser.  It goes both ways.

Members
842 posts
On 9/17/2017 at 11:53 AM, mavfin87 said:

Yes.  I have both Dev-striked a cruiser in one salvo with a BB, and also burnt a BB to a crisp from a cruiser.  It goes both ways.

Of course you can (and do).

But, be honest - you'll see a CA insta-deleted by a BB FAR more often than you'll see a solo CA take down a BB with fire. A single BB is a "fear for your life" event to a single CA for even brief engagements.  A single CA isn't really a threat to a BB unless it's either (a) within torp range and the BB player isn't paying attention, or (b) the BB stays within range of an HE-spamming CA for 3-4 minutes.

BBs severely overmatch CA now, and even overmatch DDs as a whole (as BBs don't have too much problem hitting DDs with their main guns, secondaries are ludicrously OP, and dodging torps is far simpler than it ever really should be).

Sign in to follow this