Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Waggafuffles

Help regarding what T9-10 to buy

17 comments in this topic

[KNTAI]
Members
82 posts
3,152 battles

Greetings fellow captains, I barely played last month and this September because of reasons. I came back to day because of the anniversary event.

Since T8-T10s are on sale, I kinda wanna buy one, but I can only afford and fully gear one. I would love to get your opinions

I'm just curious what the most fun one in the list would be. :fish_book:

I'm choosing between Yamato, Montana, Iowa, Essex, Taiho. Khabby, Bismark or Z-23.

Generally, when I play a BB, if I find an opportunity to banzai charge without throwing the game, I do it.

If the ship has premium camo, I'm mostly probably buying it. Game wise, I'm just an average player. I'm not hiding my stats.

Help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated :cap_like:

[POP]
Members
518 posts
11,473 battles

If you like to charge in I may suggest Bismarck, maybe do a secondary build. It won't help you in their 9/10 matches but there is not much charging (successfully) in those matches anyway unless its end game.

[F4E]
Members
53 posts
5,227 battles

I like my Grosser Kurfurst for some reason, but you can't go wrong with the Khabarovsk.

Point of information:  loved the Bismark, hated the Frederick der Gross.

• Cool 1

Members
1,228 posts
20,563 battles

I waited to get the Missouri instead of the Iowa.

Don't know how the Iowa plays, but the Missouri is awesome.

I don't play CV or IJN BB, but Bismark is fun.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles

Just an FYI.  If you buy a tier 10 and fight a battle in it, you'll get a free super-container.  May not be worth it, if you get a ship you don't like.  But if you have two you think you'd like equally, and only one is a tier 10, maybe the free super-container might be the tipping point for your decision.

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles

Here is a suggestion.  Don't buy any.  We have enough people up here that don't know what they are doing already. 

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,783 battles
29 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Just an FYI.  If you buy a tier 10 and fight a battle in it, you'll get a free super-container.  May not be worth it, if you get a ship you don't like.  But if you have two you think you'd like equally, and only one is a tier 10, maybe the free super-container might be the tipping point for your decision.

I started the weekend with 7 T10s and then realized that my Fletcher was sitting on 150k XP. The choice to use free XP and research/buy the Gearing was easy. A minute later, I had my super container :)

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
14 minutes ago, Bronco said:

I started the weekend with 7 T10s and then realized that my Fletcher was sitting on 150k XP. The choice to use free XP and research/buy the Gearing was easy. A minute later, I had my super container :)

I literally just did the same thing with my Iowa -> Montana.  Got 7 days of premium from the SC.

[NG-NL]
Members
4,949 posts
8,094 battles
4 hours ago, Waggafuffles said:

Greetings fellow captains, I barely played last month and this September because of reasons. I came back to day because of the anniversary event.

Since T8-T10s are on sale, I kinda wanna buy one, but I can only afford and fully gear one. I would love to get your opinions

I'm choosing between Yamato, Montana, Iowa, Essex, Taiho. Khabby, Bismark or Z-23.

Generally, when I play a BB, if I find an opportunity to banzai charge without throwing the game, I do it.

If the ship has premium camo, I'm mostly probably buying it. Game wise, I'm just an average player. I'm not hiding my stats.

Yammy has best AP pen as well as monstrous TDS and a good secondary build, and cherry is the MB lazer accuracy. Weak AA and rudder though, and guns take forever to rotate.

Montana is the #1 at cruiser deleting with 12 MB, and with AA build, even Midway is reluctant to touch. Citadel lowering has made its survival easier.

I have Iowa. She takes a lot of planning ahead, but brings good everything; only her rudder is a major weakness.

Essex depends on MM to have good matches; 2/1/2 and 1/1/3 loadouts are the preferred ones by team feedback.

Taiho is an excellent T9 CV and the bomber HP module is especially handy. Stay away from AA-spec except in cyclone and after HE kills AA and you'll be fine. Master strafing regardless which CV, because you'll see a lot of good captains using it to wipe your fighters.

Khab is a monster, but you need to stay 13km minimum away or you'll get hammered to nothing. She also has crap AA and sucks at contesting caps.

Bismarck is one of my few keepers. Secondary build is a lot of fun, and good agility, so DDs tend to fear her.

Z-23 I'm working towards, but don't own, so no comment.

[KNTAI]
Members
82 posts
3,152 battles

It seems Khab is a good buy... I have two max level Russian captains...

Yamato sounds good, but isn't it bad to charge with her because she's slow, turns bad and have some really slow turrets?

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,543 posts
13,992 battles
7 hours ago, Waggafuffles said:

You do not blitz headlong in a Tier X BB, not in the meta of that tier.  You'll get murdered.  That said, the merits of those ships...

Yamato & Montana are a good tossup.  Yamato has 18" LOLPENCIT guns that don't give a.f.  Montana is the stealthiest, smoothest playing Tier X BB this side of Conqueror.  She is far more comfortable to sail and fight with compared to Yamato and GK.

Essex, Taiho?  Taiho >>>>> Essex.  I absolutely fear Taiho's strike group.  Those 3 TB units are dangerous to anything, even DDs.  The possibilities in drop patterns make them deadly to anything, even small, maneuverable ships, even those in smoke.

Khabarovsk is going to Khabarovsk.

Bismarck?  Safe choice, one of the most played ships in the entire game.  To be honest, any of those Tier VIII BBs are fabulous.  I don't know about Monarch, never played with her.

Z-23, didn't care much for German DDs.

Sign in to follow this