You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
abyssofthetriffid

Schoors so bad so very bad managed to grind the chappy instead.

22 comments in this topic

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles

The schoors ship is and was horrific bad ,had jello armour and was sub par in every way.

managed to grind the chappy at huge cost and work and i just want to sit in the corner and cry its so bad.

Kirov is great and the molotov godly but alas...........................

[BOATC]
Members
297 posts
7,120 battles

It's spelled Shchors.

Also it's not that bad, it just needs IFHE and careful play. The Chapayev does seem a lot better though.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

The Shchors is not that bad. Careful play and maximizing her strengths makes her a potent enemy to face.

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,203 posts
6,433 battles

Shchors and bad in the same sentence? What? :Smile_amazed:

I consider her one of the best T7 Cruisers as long as the Captain knows his ship...

Alpha Tester
2,718 posts
4,294 battles

All the T7 cruisers (save for Algerie, haven't reached it yet) have their merits.

...IFHE really helps out, cream those big ships all day and having the volume of fire to hit small ships semi-reliably...

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
1 hour ago, FayFay731 said:

Just sit behind an island and spam HE shells.

1 hour ago, SireneRacker said:

Shchors and bad in the same sentence? What? :Smile_amazed:

I consider her one of the best T7 Cruisers as long as the Captain knows his ship...

56 minutes ago, pyantoryng said:

All the T7 cruisers (save for Algerie, haven't reached it yet) have their merits.

...IFHE really helps out, cream those big ships all day and having the volume of fire to hit small ships semi-reliably...

Thanks but deffo no thanks shes scrapped.

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,203 posts
6,433 battles
44 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Thanks but deffo no thanks shes scrapped.

Before you get too enthusiastic, Chapayev is still a fragile ship. The drawback of the VMF Cruisers is the large citadel that is also above the waterline, a few mm armor more or less don't change much there. Except the bow armor, but then again you need it badly since you face Yamatos now.

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
4 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

Before you get too enthusiastic, Chapayev is still a fragile ship. The drawback of the VMF Cruisers is the large citadel that is also above the waterline, a few mm armor more or less don't change much there. Except the bow armor, but then again you need it badly since you face Yamatos now.

The chap wont move its a brick and i already hate it.

Members
2,274 posts
7,311 battles

Shchors plays like all soviet cruisers, Kirov, Buddy, Shchors, Kutuzov and i guess Chappy. Amazing guns with good AP/HE, but paper thin armor. Stay at ranges and rain shells over the enemy. Range and speed are your best friend. 

• Cool 2

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,203 posts
6,433 battles
3 hours ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

The chap wont move its a brick and i already hate it.

Maybe the Russian Cruisers are not your type of ship? You seem to prefer maneuverable ships that can take hits, but then the Russian Cruisers are not suited for you at all (except maybe Moskva and Budyonny).

Maybe try a different Cruiser line that suits you better? I could suggest the following:

- British Cruisers: they share the rather large citadel, but compensate with superb maneuverability (best acceleration and turning behaviour, at least 30 knots even during a turn) and they have a heal, allowing you to take more damage

- French Cruisers: very fast, but also a large citadel, the speed boost allows some crazy stuff

- Japanese Cruisers: also quite fast, and the thick armor belt can be of good use when angled, turning circle is rather large

- German Cruisers: they may not be the fastest, but they are perhabs the toughest ships to crack, citadel is below the waterline and a turtleback gives additional protection at close ranges

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,718 posts
4,294 battles

German cruisers best sonar...if you are into that kind of thing, while Japanese cruisers turn into heavy cruisers early on.

• Cool 1

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
58 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

Maybe the Russian Cruisers are not your type of ship? You seem to prefer maneuverable ships that can take hits, but then the Russian Cruisers are not suited for you at all (except maybe Moskva and Budyonny).

Maybe try a different Cruiser line that suits you better? I could suggest the following:

- British Cruisers: they share the rather large citadel, but compensate with superb maneuverability (best acceleration and turning behaviour, at least 30 knots even during a turn) and they have a heal, allowing you to take more damage

- French Cruisers: very fast, but also a large citadel, the speed boost allows some crazy stuff

- Japanese Cruisers: also quite fast, and the thick armor belt can be of good use when angled, turning circle is rather large

- German Cruisers: they may not be the fastest, but they are perhabs the toughest ships to crack, citadel is below the waterline and a turtleback gives additional protection at close ranges

42 minutes ago, pyantoryng said:

German cruisers best sonar...if you are into that kind of thing, while Japanese cruisers turn into heavy cruisers early on.

Thanks for the advice.

Spoiler

Russian obviously only.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,521 posts
24,560 battles

Shchors is one of my best cruisers in terms of stats and big fun for me.  He is the most maneuverable of the VMF cruisers. Shell arcs are flat. Like laser pointers. IFHE wrecks everything and you still set LOTS of fires. Pop spotter plane and range is over 20km. And you can still hit targets and light them on fire. Even has half decent AA. 

BUT you have to pay attention constantly!  Use islands and smoke. Kite like a crazy person, making sure even you don't know what your next change of speed and direction will be. Fight him like an overgrown Khab with a citadel. BBs hate you and they love to make you go "Pop!"  Can't play without a 10-point captain and 14 points for IFHE is vital imho. 

Chappayev didn't work for me at all. Turns like a bathtub and it's much bigger. Just as flimsy though. Dmitri Donskoi OTOH is my best Tier 9 cruiser. A little more armor, more maneuverable again, and those guns...

Edited by Landing_Skipper

[5IN]
Members
1,784 posts
8,105 battles

I liked Shchors... and Budyonny. They are great flamethrowers, just gotta be careful.  Chapy, on the other hand, Ive only played a few games without much success.  Having faced the T9/10 Russian cruisers, they are very formidable and seem well worth any grind.  

All I can say is hang in there mate.  They get better.

B

Beta Testers
285 posts
3,993 battles

My Shchors was just fully upgraded and I already have a 4 point captain skill.  It's currently CE, however would it be beneficial to switch out CE for IFHE since it will help me out on the current and next grind?  I pretty much need 2 more points to get another tier 4 skill.  My current build is this:

1. PT

2. EM and AR

3. DE

4. CE

[TSPC]
Members
173 posts
6,271 battles
On 10/31/2017 at 5:44 PM, _Doc_Holliday said:

My Shchors was just fully upgraded and I already have a 4 point captain skill.  It's currently CE, however would it be beneficial to switch out CE for IFHE since it will help me out on the current and next grind?  I pretty much need 2 more points to get another tier 4 skill.  My current build is this:

1. PT

2. EM and AR

3. DE

4. CE

If you are confident enough in your kiting skill - then DEFINITELY go for IFHE before CE - the raw dmg increase is absurd: BBs basically become punching bags - get like 5k HE salvos on people

Edited by 901234

[H_]
Members
216 posts
6,972 battles

I have the Buddy, and Shchors, and like both those ships a lot.  Shchors you have to be a bit more careful about your angles cause it's got real thin armor, but love the guns, and it handles decent.  Got to the Chappy and it is terrible even upgrading the rudder which made it a little better is not going to save this one from the "yuck" pile.  Squishy does not begin to cover it;  and now constantly facing 9's and 10's  it's way outgunned.

Waiting to see if the B hull makes any difference in the Chappy..  Going to have to grind through it though as I hear the Two above it are "gud boats"

Once I get can get the next boat the Chappy is going to the Scrap yard for sure.

[SOA]
Alpha Tester
553 posts
2,474 battles

Shchors has one thing going for it: AMAZING guns. Absolutely amazing. The ship itself is terrible. It's sluggish, made of paper, and, unlike its successor, has fairly mediocre concealment. Those guns are the only thing that make it even remotely competitive at tier 7, which is already an almost-universally unpleasant place to be for cruisers because you don't have access to the concealment module. For my money, the only non-prem tier 7 cruiser that's actually -good- is the Fiji. The rest of them are tolerable, at best.

Chapayev, on the other hand, has the same awesome guns on a hull that's stealthier, turns better (albeit not by very much), and generally is more comfortable to play. And also, Chapayev gets radar, once you put the B hull on it. So yes, the B hull makes all the difference. Chapayev is worth keeping just because it's one of the least useless tier 8 cruisers in competitive formats, because of the radar and the long range DPM. Shchors, on the other hand... I sold that thing in disgust the instant I finished the grind.

--Helms