Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

torp aim assist gone

12 comments in this topic

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,810 battles

So i was just out in my gearing and went to launch some torps and there was no gray line no green lines no nothing lol.

All i had was the normal main gun aiming circle.

So what in the world have i turned off or done to cause this?

I was still able to launch torps but that is the first time i have had to use real judgment to determine lead on torps.  I almost landed 3 on a fast moving BB

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

[HYDRA]
Members
136 posts
1,161 battles
23 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

It can be turned off... though how I haven't the slightest idea.

Also why? It's pretty useful

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Never heard of this before...:Smile_amazed:

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,705 posts
11,320 battles
50 minutes ago, Herodotus4 said:

Also why? It's pretty useful

The only reason I am aware of is in Co-Op. Using the aim assist is supposedly giving the bots a heads up on where your firing your torps, not sure of the validity of that (I don't PvE) but I have seen that repeated on the forums many times. 

[PVE]
Members
5,301 posts
17,730 battles
3 hours ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

So i was just out in my gearing and went to launch some torps and there was no gray line no green lines no nothing lol.

All i had was the normal main gun aiming circle.

So what in the world have i turned off or done to cause this?

I was still able to launch torps but that is the first time i have had to use real judgment to determine lead on torps.  I almost landed 3 on a fast moving BB

This happened to me like 6 months ago, has cleared up since. It was odd, always my first few games and I wouldn't be able to aim torps. My workaround was to use gunboats for a couple of games then go to to torp boats. If the game crashes and you manage to get back in the game before the end, the torp aiming reticle is gone again btw. I reported the bug but never saw anyone else with anything similar so just ignored it. BTW I am able to play torp boats now without the problem, it cleared up for me a couple of patches ago.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,643 posts
8,013 battles

I've never seen this bug before.

I know though when you lose your torp launcher, the green zone and the prediction line disappear .

[PVE]
Members
5,301 posts
17,730 battles
42 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

I've never seen this bug before.

I know though when you lose your torp launcher, the green zone and the prediction line disappear .

Yeah this is caused by damage, you lose the green lines but still have the greyed area. The bug I am talking about shows nothing at all when you hit "3" or sometimes I got the gun aiming reticle. It happens at the start of the match, before anyone has fired a gun and lasts throughout the match. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,810 battles
17 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah this is caused by damage, you lose the green lines but still have the greyed area. The bug I am talking about shows nothing at all when you hit "3" or sometimes I got the gun aiming reticle. It happens at the start of the match, before anyone has fired a gun and lasts throughout the match. 

and that is exactly what i got.  also i think i was limited to a wide spread even though i could see i was changing between narrow and wide it always launched wide

Sign in to follow this