Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ButtonsPushed

Back after a 6 month break

12 comments in this topic

Members
709 posts
6,309 battles

Took a 6 month break and came back to run some anniversary missions, my 3 rd battle an Iowa slide into my smoke just as I fire (I am in my Udaloi) and gets 1 shell hit which of course sets a fire and does 11k fire dmg to him. I get a 10 game pink status for my trouble. I guess maybe another 6 month break is around the corner. 

*edit* My fire did not sink him.

Edited by ButtonsPushed
forgot info

[NDA]
Supertester
4,768 posts
13,551 battles

You know the very same thing happened to me almost a month ago. My Udaloi did 12k in HE and Fire Damage, I turned pink, Iowa survived to be sunk by the enemy later that game and I got to show my support of cancer research for 9 games. 

I simply forgot the basic fire arms rule to know whats between you and your target. 

Sadly my laptop died the next day so I've been on a WoWs break for over a month. 

Members
709 posts
6,309 battles
9 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

So just because you turned pink you're gonna take another break?

Maybe, just seems like a bad omen. I am not as shipstruck with the game as in the beginning so not playing it is not a loss.

Members
2,379 posts
5,416 battles

Just go CO-OP in a DD and go Banzai in turbo mode ( smoke trail optional) to the first enemy which shows up. Should last approximatly 1-4 minutes or Less. Repeat 9 more times and then your UNPINKED.  

I think gameplay has changed so you may have to observe as to the why.  I think players (depending on the tier) are more conservative as a whole but thats me.  Workoff the PINK and dive in....the waters fine. 

THEN on the other hand..being PINK does not have the same stigma it used to have - just continue as you are..

Edited by dionkraft
add info

Beta Testers
1,119 posts
2,392 battles

WEAR THE PINK WITH HONOR!

Side note for bad behavior control-- sink a ship, banned from participating in missions and obtaining containers for one day. Future offenses ban these activities for a rolling week. Another tk, add another week. 10 tks halt xp and income generation.

Mind you, this is kill based, not damage.

Edited by Mulletproof

Members
797 posts

Most of us asked WG to make it easier to get pink and for it to last longer. We are sick of players who say it was the other guys fault. No you did something that got you pink. Either you were not paying attention to what was going on around you or you did it on purpose... period. If your torps hit someone, your fault. If you shot someone, your fault. 

Edited by SteelClaw

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,733 posts
6,699 battles
1 hour ago, ButtonsPushed said:

Took a 6 month break and came back to run some anniversary missions, my 3 rd battle an Iowa slide into my smoke just as I fire (I am in my Udaloi) and gets 1 shell hit which of course sets a fire and does 11k fire dmg to him

So maybe don't fire when you can hit a friendly ship? Look at the minimap and around you once in a while? I know it's a crazy idea, but give it a try.

Also, being pink doesn't do anything, expect for reflecting friendly damage back on you -- doesn't punish you on XP or credit earns, to be specific. It's not a big deal.

Members
709 posts
6,309 battles
28 minutes ago, Mulletproof said:

WEAR THE PINK WITH HONOR!

Side note for bad behavior control-- sink a ship, banned from participating in missions and obtaining containers for one day. Future offenses ban these activities for a rolling week. Another tk, add another week. 10 tks halt xp and income generation.

Mind you, this is kill based, not damage.

I like your idea on the bad behavior control. 

And will wear my pink with pride!

Sign in to follow this