You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

Queen Elizabeth Fanclub

41 comments in this topic

[REVY]
Members
6,107 posts
5,104 battles

I used this exp bonus weekend to blaze past the QE to finally get the KGV.  Getting 14k exp per match has been pretty sweet.

Spoiler

XoEUpeT.jpg

p9D6D97.jpg

[FML]
Members
2,034 posts
10,978 battles
On 17 September 2017 at 1:13 AM, Lert said:

Anyone else who found her not actually that bad?

I am sorry, Lert, but I cannot driver her very well. Yet, at least, noting the small number of battles. 

I have found judging the fall of shot very hard - a touch too far forward makes them all miss, move it a touch back and then they all miss behind. It can't deal with close ships like DDs charging her (particularly the side where the guns aren't facing), and the AA isn't actually that strong in practice; not USN levels if memory serves. 

I I hope I'll get there eventually, but so far I've put that grind on pause. 

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

it really isn't as forgiving as fuso and it isn't as tanky as bayern, but it is more accurate with better AA.    it did take me a few matches to figure out the gun arc, but now it is fine.    it doesn't have super long range anyway, so   you should stay close enough for accurate shots. 

[TASH]
Members
5,021 posts
8,426 battles
1 hour ago, Ajax_the_Great1 said:

QE is definitely the low point of the line. Or maybe Monarch I'm not sure, I'm not there yet.

Correction: it's the most-balanced part of the line.  You forget the high points are OrionLion, and Conqueror.

Edited by ValkyrWarframe

Supertester
1,477 posts
16 battles
18 hours ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

Correction: it's the most-balanced part of the line.  You forget the high points are OrionLion, and Conqueror.

Correction V2: Nah, QE needs a bit of love. She is automatically redundant if you have a Warspite. Unless you really like fly swatting. She feels worse than a pre-buff Warspite too. What makes up for that turret traverse if it is not the turning circle? AA? Small increases in range/HP? Slightly better turret angles? QE needs a little push in the right direction to be on equal footing with Warspite, 65s turret traverse seems ideal as a starting (and potentially finishing) point. Just to make her more viable and flexible. 

On the other hand, Bell, Orion, Conq & possibly KGV & Lion all need tuning down, or at least in the case of the last two, editing. Monarch can be left as is, given I see it as lacklustre. no real/tangible improvement on KGV. Aside from the 1/4 HE pen, Iron Duke is quite decently balanced, but that problem is a line problem and carry over from the Orion.

• Cool 1

[SCRAP]
Beta Testers
1,522 posts
4,807 battles

A lot of the people who laud QE's AA seem to forget that, unlike Cleveland, she does not come with the consumable...

So she's not going to sweep the skies clear at any tier.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

the strength of QE  is its fairly accurate gun and   great repair/heal.       only 5 matches, but it seems like a very consistent ship even if you don't get lot of citadels.  

Supertester
1,477 posts
16 battles
4 hours ago, HMS_Formidable said:

A lot of the people who laud QE's AA seem to forget that, unlike Cleveland, she does not come with the consumable...

Screw consumables, go full AA build. Some people like doing that. Or just testing it as below. And no, she is not Cleveland or Hood but is far and away the best BB at tier 6 for AA, enough to be a problem for CVs.

On 07/09/2017 at 4:57 PM, creamgravy said:

AA spec QE vs bot Lexi, Shokaku and Hiryu

Hide contents

GBOYcvm.jpg

Messed up a bit but still had 8k HP left, more than enough to deplane all 3.

Standard Warspite vs bot Lexi, Shokaku and Hiryu.

Hide contents

dk9EB6u.jpg

Didn't survive the second strike.

Warspite cant' dodge a good manual torpedo drop.

I don't like getting deleted by CVs so QE is my fav out the two. Although I really miss my old full secondary build Warspite, maybe I'll make a new captain for Iron Duke/Warspite. :cap_cool:

[MIA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,228 posts
7,965 battles

Both struggle to damage any higher tier cruisers and BBs that the ships always match up against with AP.  QE has the obvious advantage over Warspite in firepower due to the HE. 

[C-HAG]
Members
485 posts
8,136 battles
On 9/19/2017 at 1:43 AM, HMS_Formidable said:

Go Full AA. Now I am AFT & BFT, but I will grab MAA once I got 14 pts captain. 

The results as for now(No MAA) 7.2km long range AA

T5 Planes cannot touch me

T6/7 planes cannot make their way back

Kaga can strike me if sends 3-4 squad. But one or two is just sending me plane kills.

T8 no luck 

T9 Saipan plane. He will lost 50% planes striking me. 

Members
40 posts
8,252 battles

Like you Lert I kind of like the old girl bought her permanent cameo also.I also have the Warspite keep Warspite more surface battle secondaries spec

with my QE as AA for those times their is an overabundance of cv's in que

Edited by Capitan_Crunch

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,093 posts
13,492 battles
1 hour ago, Plaatduutsch said:

Go Full AA. Now I am AFT & BFT, but I will grab MAA once I got 14 pts captain. 

The results as for now(No MAA) 7.2km long range AA

T5 Planes cannot touch me

T6/7 planes cannot make their way back

Kaga can strike me if sends 3-4 squad. But one or two is just sending me plane kills.

T8 no luck 

T9 Saipan plane. He will lost 50% planes striking me. 

^^^This^^^

Just wait until you grab MAA.  That doubles the DPM of your 7.2km punch.  And that punch is already pretty good without it.  If you think you're shredding them now.  Just wait.  I get the feeling some CV captains don't know what's killing their planes.  That bubble is big... I get a lot of kills on fly throughs, where a squadron runs through my bubble.   No one expects the QE to reach out and zap 'em.  And even when I'm targeted by multiple squadrons...if I see them coming and maneuver properly...they have to spend a good deal of time in the bubble getting lined up...all the time zap....zap...zap.  

I still smile when folks tell me the QE isn't as good 'cause it doesn't have Defensive consumable.  That's the beauty....the QE AA is ALWAYS on...always good (well, some mounts can get fried...but the big ones are armored)!!!!  The MAA needs a designated target....but it's still ALWAYS available!

Flagrantly bragging boast:  I am currently the number one plane killer in the QE on the NA server, and have achieved this WITHOUT divisioning with a CV.  I suspect a QE/CV division could really rake in the kills.  For one, it guarantees an enemy CV in the match (most of my QE matches do NOT have CVs).  Two, a CV captain that knows he has an air spec'd QE can use that to significant advantage when sparring with the enemy CV. 

Aside:  I do think some CV captains are catching on, and figuring out some QEs just should not be messed with.  I have seen some shy away from me lately.  So the words getting out.  So get that MAA while the gettings good.

One last thing. I think I'm the only T6 BB captain that looks at MM when a CV doesn't show and thinks, "Damn...no CV!".

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

For some reason This ship seems to be a beast in games that feature Epicenter. Speed is not an issue, and she can creep forward, plugging froggy cruisers and burning down bow tanking BBs. This is the only ship that make me smile when Epicenter pops up.

Edited by Skarp_AGW

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,517 posts
2,243 battles

My last memorable game happened in a stock QE.  First game in her, came down to me in a quarter health stock QE vs a half health Warspite with the enemy having the points advantage.  Took three salvos, but QE won.

Amusingly my teammates watching thought I was screwing up as I was sailing away at an angle.  I knew that I could not turn toward him and offer a broadside shot, nor could I head directly away as his shells would overmatch my stern.  I did punch through his bow on my first salvo, then he angled against the second so lighter damage and final shot was into his broadside over a spit of land as he headed for cover.