You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
abyssofthetriffid

Just a little thank you to wg for all my flags and most of all the thank you for playing.

12 comments in this topic

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles

Thanks wg for my 2 new ships also top job.

Your xp exchange though was a disaster like the alabama bb?albama? that bb thing.

Minsk and chappy i got.

Edited by abyssofthetriffid

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

XP exchange was not a disaster. People didn't read. It clearly says, and with pictures, elite XP. The site has always said, "ship XP" when referring to the ship convertible XP.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
1 minute ago, Doomlock said:

XP exchange was not a disaster. People didn't read. It clearly says, and with pictures, elite XP. The site has always said, "ship XP" when referring to the ship convertible XP.

:Smile_great: This.

Members
1,015 posts
12,905 battles
3 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Yes indeed...bait and switch scams often work best because of customer confusion.

I had no plans on converting either "ship" or "elite" XP so I have no side to take in this fight. I do see where the confusion came from and although I don't believe that WoWS was doing it on purpose the whole thing did leave a bad bait and switch taste in some peoples' mouths.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
11 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

Yes indeed...bait and switch scams often work best because of customer confusion.

I had no plans on converting either "ship" or "elite" XP so I have no side to take in this fight. I do see where the confusion came from and although I don't believe that WoWS was doing it on purpose the whole thing did leave a bad bait and switch taste in some peoples' mouths.

Except it wasn't a bait and switch. Its not WG's fault some people just lack the ability to read or understand something extremely basic.

• Cool 1

Members
1,015 posts
12,905 battles
1 minute ago, renegadestatuz said:

Except it wasn't a bait and switch. Its not WG's fault some people just lack the ability to read or understand something extremely basic.

As I said I don't believe that WoWS did it on purpose; BUT THAT DOSEN"T MATTER.

The fact that it left a bad bait and switch taste in peoples' mouths is what the company should be worried about. Establishing blame is all fine and good but it doesn't change what is the end result.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
Just now, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

As I said I don't believe that WoWS did it on purpose; BUT THAT DOSEN"T MATTER.

The fact that it left a bad bait and switch taste in peoples' mouths is what the company should be worried about. Establishing blame is all fine and good but it doesn't change what is the end result.

It's not WG's fault most of the playerbase, or the ones complaining have the IQ of a 2 year old. Only the ones who can't understand something so basic are complaining.

Members
1,015 posts
12,905 battles
1 minute ago, renegadestatuz said:

It's not WG's fault most of the playerbase, or the ones complaining have the IQ of a 2 year old. Only the ones who can't understand something so basic are complaining.

Again...who cares whose fault it is. The question now becomes how does the company deal with another(although admittedly minor) public relations snafu.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
6 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

Again...who cares whose fault it is. The question now becomes how does the company deal with another(although admittedly minor) public relations snafu.

They don't need to. Just need to continue on as normal.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,938 posts
6,440 battles
3 hours ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Elite xp? never heard of elite xp.

where have you been? its been MONTHS since elite xp came into the game

[NGA-B]
Members
1,212 posts
7,638 battles

To be perfectly fair, I was somewhat surprised when I logged in and found the XP bonus was for Elite XP. Took me rereading the article to realize I was illiterate. I can understand if people were annoyed, but they'll probably have another conversion bonus by Christmas at the latest so people just need to chillax. The amount of outrage over this is kind of stupid. Especially since Wargaming are truthful, even if the mistake is easy to make. Mabe hey should put in Elite Commander XP to help distinguish it. But still, not a big deal.