Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Horama

Cary harder

13 comments in this topic

[ML-S]
Members
284 posts
4,034 battles

Hey guys!  I've been seeing quite a few posts lately where people get Kraken, High Caliber, Confederate, etc. and still lose.  Post your most insane defeat here! (I guess victories too, but those aren't as fun to see) 

No screenshots?  No problem!  Just write a story, though try not to embellish too much.

:Smile_popcorn:

Edited by Horama

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
46 posts
4,786 battles

This isn't my worst but a good example of the lose but did all you could.  If I remember right I was about a hair from getting a kraken, shots inbound at one of the reds and time expired. In a way the worst of it is I earned more base xp on the losing side than the top scorer on the winning side. :fish_palm:
I think my worst that I can recall was similar with a confederate, high caliber, few devastating strikes, kraken (6 kills), dreadnought, few close quarters expert, and about 180~190k damage on my Bismarck. That one still stings a bit.
Sometimes you just can't "carry harder", or at least not anymore than you already did.

shot-17.04.15_17.09.50-0689.jpg

shot-17.04.15_17.09.55-0174.jpg

[NDA]
Supertester
4,790 posts
13,614 battles

My most epic defeat happened on Land of Fire while sailing my new Tirpitz. I spent my time trying to carry my suicidal team to victory while holding C and taking B from two Destroyers. I ran out of time to sink the last two enemy ships, an almost dead Edinburgh and a half HP New Mex. This game is still my most damage done record and given 2 more minutes I could have collected a Solo Warrior. Enemy team won the game on time and by 20 some points. 

9gzW6KS.jpg

I sometimes laugh at the phrase "Carry Harder" because this game proved that there are limits to how much a player can carry. I could not do enough damage fast enough to keep sinking the ship coming at me. I was limited by Gun range, Gun Reloads, and by the Game Clock itself. Sometimes you just do the very best you can and except the results you can achieve. 

Base Exp and Damage screens below.

Spoiler

yuO8bXF.jpg

9CZx1F7.jpg

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

When I broke 200k for the fist time ever: 

eBE4ugz.png

Edit: Team list and damage breakdown.

Spoiler

z89VkKI.png

doAKums.png

[ARP]
Members
994 posts
6,102 battles

3rd Highest fuso damage in Ranked NA. Wouldve been over 200k if not for user input errors (im a potato.)
As well as let's kill 8 different ships and still lose because the rest of my team(11 others) cannot beat 3.

184k fuso.jpg

scharnhorst 8kill.jpg

[ARP]
Members
994 posts
6,102 battles

Lastly, that xp would be a lot more impressive if CVs could mount more than 4 signal flags....and if we won.

294k taiho 31f loss.jpg

[-VT3-]
Members
1,610 posts
3,346 battles
4 hours ago, MountainManxDan said:

I know those feels.

Hide contents

k0tglXy.jpg

You'd have won if you broke 300K.  Carry harder.  XD

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,842 posts
4,224 battles

Lets see:

Strike Ranger (me) vs. Saipan (enemy) on the Neighbors map

>I immediately find the enemy CV, charging out ahead of his destroyers, and nuke him

>"Liquidator"

>Proceed to get 5 more kills (4 with DoT), and racking-up 220k damage over the entire enemy team

>I look at the score bar to see how much we're winning by

>We're down one ship: It's me and a Gnevny versus a Gneisenau, a Mahan, and a cruiser of some sort. I'll say it was a Pensacola, 'cause it really isn't important.

>Gnevny suicide-charges the Gneisenau and attempts to ram.

>Gnevny gets Fun and Engaged

>Me versus 3 enemies
>I sink the Gneisenau (finally), and then start re-arming my squads to take on the Pensacola

>A Wild Mahan Appeared

>I go immediately to Brown Alert

>The Wild Mahan has Fled

>Whut?

>Mahan captures the last point we had

>I make a valiant effort to go and try to capture A

>The game times out right as I'm about to capture A

>FML

[SPTR]
Members
25,681 posts
10,839 battles

Here's mine its in video form, post battle results screenies are in the description below the video should you view it at it's youtube domain. My base xp is higher than the winning team's mvp.

Sign in to follow this