Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sgt_Joshu

Cinematic Game Mode

6 comments in this topic

Members
13 posts
4,433 battles

Hi, I am more inclined toward realistic or immersive games that make you feel you are 'really there.' I felt that with all the clocks, maps, scores, ribbons, crosshairs, icons, and healthbars of the HUD, something from the beautiful graphics and effects and gameplay was being diminished. 

Just for fun I figured out how to play the game with the HUD turned off: Here is what it looks like in action: 

A bit hard to navigate all the complexities of the game with none of the standard information, but overall I felt the immersion factor was so much higher without all the extras.

As the game develops and new modes are added, what about adding a mode focused on immersion?

For example:

Two fleets of ships from the same time period (I.E. WWI), one nation per side (I.E. Japan vs US) with matching camouflage for each fleet

an objective other than control of some floating buoys, (I.E. break through a blockade, sink an enemy flagship, bombard an airfield)

A historical/hypothetical battle and location (I.E. Midway 1942, Pearl Harbor 1918 What  if?) 

minimalist UI, no healthbars, IDs for enemy ships, exact ranges, detection information etc.

Just a thought...

• Cool 1

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,497 posts
6,657 battles

An "immersive" gameplay mode would be an exciting thing to have, without the current cluttered overlay, but access to a (popup) map and team comms would be as 'realistic' as the binocular zoom.. So a big yes to a genuinely "immersive" gameplay mode, no to a "realism" mode (I just dunk my head in a bucket of cold water everytime an enemy shell scores a near miss- though that would be pretty immersive too).

H7mxBLv.png?2

trigger warning, what follows is my personal realism mod.

YGfPDrj.jpg

[PVE]
Members
1,225 posts
4,744 battles

An interesting idea but prone to alot of issues for both devs and players. I'd say yes as well

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles

I'd just be happy if I could move the minimap to a second monitor and make it BIGGER!

Members
17,786 posts
5,084 battles
28 minutes ago, surratus said:

I'd just be happy if I could move the minimap to a second monitor and make it BIGGER!

And have it look like a period-authentic plotting board...

Sign in to follow this