Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SgtSqueegee

Concept Idea(s) for Daily Containers

Container concept Poll (Please Read post first)  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you guys think this Container concept is worthwhile enough to make it into the game?

• Yes, I'd love to see this concept make its implementation into the game!
    • Yes,I'd like to see this in the game, but it needs tweaking and re-balancing of rewards.
    • I don't really know how I feel on this concept idea.
    • I like the current implementation of containers in the game.

7 comments in this topic

[_DS-]
Members
7 posts
3,806 battles

Hello everyone! I have some rough ideas for a system to rework daily containers! Just know that by bringing this out on the table, by no means this will replace containers currently, it is just merely a suggestion! To begin, I was divisioning the other day with a buddy of mine, and he mentioned containers and supercontainers, and how he is tired of fretting over going for Supercontainers, and getting cheated out of other rewards. We had a fairly good discussion coming up with a system for reworking container rewards earnings, and I think its interesting. Just remember, that this is merely a concept, and something I'm putting out on the forums for people to read and see whether people are interested in it. So, without further ado, lets get to the concept!

(NOTE, wall of text incoming!)

yqPs7ud.gif

First, there will be three more containers you could earn than the standard three right now in the game. The base xp values you need to hit for all six, would be: 2,000, 12,000, 26,000, 40,000, 54,000, and 70,000. Now, you might be thinking, wow, how can I do that in one DAY? Well fear not, fellow forumer and Warships player! This new system, will be reset every TWO days!

giphy.gif

"WOW, DID YOU JUST SAY TWO??" - Background forumer

Why yes, yes I did, fellow Warshipper! Every two days, you could earn six containers. Now, you might be wondering, how is that going to work? Well, for sheer convenience for me, and by example, lets say every two days at 3 AM CST in the United States, it resets. The schedule would be as follows:

Mon-Wed - Two days. Resets on Wed 3 AM CST

Wed-Fri - Two days. Resets on Fri 3 AM CST

Fri-Sun - Two days. Resets on Sun 3 AM CST

Now that you have an idea of the scheduling, lets move onto what changes SIX containers brings to the table. Now, you'll still be able to choose from the standard four options we're all used to by now: More Credits, More Signals and Camouflages, More Consumables, and Try Your Luck. However, my idea will change things a little bit, when it comes to rewards itself, and the last container is something special. Now that you have a basic idea, let me give a more descriptive/visual idea of this concept:

2,000 xp Container - Container containing the least number of rewards, less than all the others, but still worth something. Can choose what kind of container you'd like, and Try Your Luck chance for Super is 1%-1.5%. Rewards for this container look something like this:

(ALL choices for 2000 xp containers are at 1% chance of Supercontainers, except Try your Luck is at 1.5%)

More Credits - 3 Rewards. Always contains at least one reward of 25,000 credits. Other two rewards are random, and include: 25,000 credits. x3 of one signal flag, except specials, or x3 of any camouflage, except for special camos. 250 Free xp, and x3 of any premium consumable.

More Signals and Camouflages - 3 Rewards. Always contains at least one reward of x3 signals OR x3 camouflages. Other two rewards are random, and are: x3 of one signal, non-specials, or x3 camouflages. Potential for 25,000 credits.

More Consumables - 3 Rewards. Always contains x3 of Damage Control Party II, plus two other rewards, at random. Other rewards include any premium consumable x3.

Try Your Luck - 1 Reward. Greater chance of Super containers. (1.5% comes into play.)  If not super container, contains any of these rewards: x3 of one signal, non special. x3 of any camo, non special. 250 free xp, or x3 of any premium consumable.

12,000 xp Container - Container that has MORE rewards than 2,000 xp container, but LESS than any other above it. Worth more in sheer value than 2,000 xp containers. Supercontainer chances are at 3%-5%. Rewards are as follows:

(ALL choices for 12,000 xp containers are at 3% probability of Supercontainers, Except Try Your Luck is at 5%. As for x5-10 signals or camos, consumables, etc. 5 AND 10 are most common, but you can get 6,7,8, or 9, to provide randomness and inconsistency to make rolls before satisfying.)

More Credits - 3 Rewards. Always contains at least one reward of 50,000 credits. Other two rewards are random, and can be: 50,000 credits. x5-10 of any signal flag, except specials, or x5-10 of any camouflages, no special camos. 500 free xp. x5-10 of any premium consumable.

More Signals and Camouflages - 3 Rewards. Always contains at least one reward of x5-10 signals or camouflages. Other two rewards are at random, and can possibly be: x5-10 of any signal, or x5-10 of any camouflages, non-specials. Potential for 50,000 credits.

More Consumables - 3 Rewards. Always contains at least one reward of x5-10 Damage Control Party II, OR at least one reward of x5-10 Catapult Fighters or Spotter Aircraft. Other two rewards are random, and can be x5-10 of any premium consumables.

Try Your Luck - 1 Reward. Greater chance of Super Containers (5% comes into play.) If not Super container, contains any of these items: x5-10 of any signal flag or x5-10 of any camouflages, non-special. 500 free xp, or x5-10 of any premium consumables. Can also give 50,000 credits.

26,000 xp ContainerContainer that has MORE rewards than 2,000 xp and 12,000 xp container, but LESS rewards than that of higher containers. Worth far more in value than 2,000 xp containers, and a little more than 12,000 xp containers. Supercontainer chances are at 6%-7%. Rewards are seen below:

(ALL choices for 26,000 xp containers have a 6% chance of snagging you a Super Container. Except for Try Your Luck, which sits at 7% probability.)

More Credits - 4 Rewards. Always contains at least one reward of 75,000 credits. Other three rewards are random, and as such, are: 75,000 credits. x10-15 of any signal flag, (Or x5 special flags.) x5-10 of any camouflages. (Or x5 special camouflages.) 750 free xp. x10-15 premium consumables.

More Signals and Camouflages - 4 Rewards. Always contains at least one reward of x10-15 of any signal flag, OR x10-15 of any camouflage, non specials. Other three random rewards are as follows: x10-15 of any signal flag, or x10-15 of any camouflages, non specials. Possibility of receiving 75,000 credits. (Potential to receive x5 of any special signal flag, or x5 special Camouflage.)

More Consumables - 4 Rewards. Always contains at least one reward of 10-15 Damage Control Party II, OR at least one reward of x10-15 Catapult Fighter II, x10-15 Spotter Aircraft II, or x10-15 Repair Party II. The other three random rewards are - x10-15 of any premium consumable.

Try Your Luck - 2 rewards. Greater chance of Super containers. (7% chance of attaining comes into play here.) If not a Super container, contains any of these items: x10-15 of any signal flag, or x10-15 of any camouflages, non specials. (Chance for x5 special flags or camos.) x10-15 of any premium consumable. 750 free xp. Also can give 75,000 credits.

40,000 xp Container - Container that contains MORE rewards than 2,000, 12,000, and 26,000 containers, but LESS than that of higher containers. Worth signifcantly more than 2,000, or 12,000 xp containers. Worth a little more in value than 26,000 xp containers. Supercontainer chances are at 8%-9%. Rewards are:

(ALL choices for 40,000 xp containers have 8% probability to grant you a Super Container. Except for Try Your Luck, which is at 9% respectively.)

More Credits - 4 Rewards. Always contains at least one reward of 100,000 credits. Other three rewards are random, and are: 100,000 credits. 1,000 free xp. x15 of any signal flag, non-special. (Possibility of x10 special flags.) x15 of any camo, non-special. (Possiblity of x10 special camos.) x15 of any premium consumable.

More Signals and Camouflages - 4 Rewards. Always contains at least one reward of x15 of any signal flag, OR x15 of any camouflage, non-specials. Other random rewards are these: x15 of any signal flag, or x15 of any camouflage, non-specials. (Chance for x10 of any special signal flag or camo.) 100,000 credits.

More Consumables - 4 Rewards. Always contains at least one reward of x15 Damage Control Party II, x15 Catapult Fighter II, x15 Spotter Aircraft II, x15 Smoke Generator II, x15 Speed Boost II. Other rewards include x15 of any premium consumable.

Try Your Luck - 2 Rewards. Greater chance of Super Containers (9% probability here.) If not a Super Container, could contain any of the following: x15 of any signal flag, or any camo, non-special. (Chance for x10 of any special camos for flags.) x15 of any premium consumables. 1,000 free xp. Also can give 100,000 credits.

54,000 xp Container - Container containing the most benefits out of all other containers, except for the sixth and final container. Extremely valuable compared to all other containers beneath it, save for 40,000 xp, which isn't far below in net value. Supercontainer chances are at 10%-11% Rewards are:

(ALL choices for 54,000 xp containers have 10% chance to grant a Super Container. Except for Try your Luck, which maxes out at 11%.)

More Credits - 5 Rewards. Always contains at least two rewards of 150,000 credits, OR x20 non-special signal flags, x20 of any non-special camo, or 2,000 free xp. Random rewards include: 150,000 credits, 2,000 free xp, x20 non special camo or signal flags. x20 of any premium consumable. (Chance for x15 special signal flags or camos.)

More Signals and Camouflages - 5 Rewards. Always contains at least two rewards of x20 of any non-special camo or flags, OR, 150,000 credits, OR x15 of any special flag or special camo. Random rewards include: x20 of any non-special camo or flags. 150,000 credits. (Possibility of x15 of any special flags or camos.)

More Consumables - 5 Rewards. Always contains at least two rewards of x20 Damage Control Party II, x20 Catapult Fighter II, x20 Spotter Aircraft II, x20 Smoke Generator II, x20 Speed Boost II, x20 Defensive Fire AA II, x20 Hydro Acoustic Search II. Random rewards are x20 of any premium consumables.

Try Your Luck - 3 Rewards. The highest chance of Super containers, maxed out at 11% chance. If not a Super Container, could contain any of the following: x20 of any signal flag, or any camos, non specials. (Possibility for x15 of any special camo or flag.) x20 of any premium consumables. 2,000 free xp. Can also grant 150,000 credits.

70,000 xp Container - The very pinnacle of Containers available to Sea captains around the globe. The container players are always pleading to get. The one and only, the all-mighty and powerful, the Rare and ELUSIVE- Okay, lets just get to it already... Super container!

1453267456-69571c00ea66e7813043fe52a93eb

"D-D-Did you just SAY SUPER CONTAINER???" - background forumer

Why yes, that is correct! With the super container, you can make your hearts and dreams come true in Warships!  The Super container contains all the regular things you could expect from it, but one small change. Rewards are as follows.

50,000 or 100,000 free xp. 1,000 doubloons. x250 of one signal flag (Special flags possible, but its x100.) x50 of ANY special premium camo (Ocean Soul, Valentines Day, Back to School, Sci-Fi, etc.) Premium ship, Captain, or port slot. 1-30 days premium account. Special Upgrades.

Now that that is all finally out of the way and done, I want to go over some small things with you before this post finally ends. The idea of this concept is to make containers more interesting, varietal, and more rewarding, while reducing frustration on wasting containers on Try your Lucks trying to score a Super Container. Personally, I waste a lot of my containers on Try your Lucks, and to no avail. I get tired of it, and I want there to be some way to score supers without the needed frustration. Playing the chance game like CSGO isn't fun all the time, but having a guaranteed Super container would make amends to players worldwide who grieve over never getting rewards from spending all on Try your Lucks. I personally think this concept resolves that, and will make the game more fun potentially.

Another thing I'd like to point out, is the reason why More Consumables or other containers in 54,000 xp containers and such get more variety of guaranteed rewards. I did this because it adds flavor, or more random variety to the game. It makes you not get the same stuff over and over again, and I think it'd be refreshing to say, get one and get 20 Repairs and 20 Smokes, and then get another container of 20 catapult fighters and 20 speed boosts; those 4 things guaranteed in two different containers, with 5 rewards in them both, 2 guaranteed, 3 randoms. Instead of brooding over getting the same shite constantly, getting different stuff each time might be nice.

Well, without furtherado, it is 1:30 AM where I live, and I've been working on this since 5 PM or so, procrastinating and working on it piece by piece. To end the post, I'd like to say I'd appreciate any feedback! Whether it be negative, positive, whatever, throw it at me! Working on this concept was damn good fun, and it was really intriguing to think so heavily on it! Don't forget to do the poll too! Thanks for taking the time to read this long post! Happy sailing!

When you going DD gunboat on a ship

giphy-downsized-large.gif

01795fd17e8166af64dadc9c48d26c09f85007ff

Hai1d_zpsmjt4uxxy.gif

50251b8f43405fd84cee215767f4a04f07fc0d6f

tumblr_o5s2q7fmqI1uqrfrco1_500.gif

When you try to dodge torpedos!

wUmlsFC.gif

When your crew starts to mutiny when you sail so badly

giphy.gif

[_DS-]
Members
7 posts
3,806 battles
Just now, Citrusss said:

too many gifs. didnt read but disapprove 

RIP, all my hard work gone to waste. At least you skimmed it. :p Its 1:45 AM where I am, after typing this, time for bed.

Members
1,044 posts
8,288 battles
57 minutes ago, SgtSqueegee said:

RIP, all my hard work gone to waste. At least you skimmed it. :p Its 1:45 AM where I am, after typing this, time for bed.

do you realize how hard it is to read anything when half of the screen is jumping around? I am going to tell you a secret: because of this uncontrolled use of gifs - maybe only about 10% of people will read it through. I did not even skimmed it - once I try to position the text where gifs are not visible I get another set of gifs so I just went straight down to comment to say you wasted your time typing it all

[ANKER]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,088 posts
3,222 battles

I would say I like the premise, but I still think it should reset daily/stay similar to how we have. 72k exp is quite easy to get in 2 days, especially with flags/camo etc. Supercontainers will become even more common than they are (although the rewards are pretty crappy these days).

I do like the tiering of the chances/sizes of the rewards though as it promotes playing more than just the 2 easy containers each day.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Too Many words and the Gif's were Too Much. Now I got a headache. But as much as I did read might be a nice thing but...... WG will never consider it.... They give away enough Free Stuff already... And forget about SC's they are far too rare to give better odds of getting them unless it is those worthless Consumables.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,220 posts
8,396 battles
1 hour ago, Citrusss said:

too many gifs. didnt read but disapprove 

Too many gifs. Didn't read, but approve!

Sign in to follow this