Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Doomlock

Had my best Akizuki game yet!

7 comments in this topic

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Hi guys!

So, while trying to get the achievement for getting 30k torpedo damage, and 15k main battery damage in ships like Akizuki, I got my best match in her yet:

xB2k9yT.png

Spoiler

vncWuLK.png

nrLL8W1.png

TABqmwn.png

Oh gosh my hands were shaking. I saved the game by resetting the cap, it was awesome. Replay for those interested: https://replayswows.com/replay/5309

Fair winds and following seas captains! :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 3

Members
319 posts
4,388 battles

Difficult ship to have fun in.  These games are too far and few between in that dumpy piece of junk.  I think I will just respec mine for AA to f with cv's.  

[SF-E]
Members
522 posts
6,244 battles
12 minutes ago, LastSamurai714 said:

Difficult ship to have fun in.  These games are too far and few between in that dumpy piece of junk.  I think I will just respec mine for AA to f with cv's.  

As someone who plays CV a lot, AA spec Akizukis and Bensons are a lot of fun to div up with.

Members
319 posts
4,388 battles

I just switched to IFHE DD hunter build on it and find that while knife fighting I get felt by everything within range and do t have the manuverability to mitigate the damage.  The 1v1 DD isn't the problem it's taking 7-9k hits from BB's and CA's in the process.  Might be time for a full AA spec.

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles
3 hours ago, LastSamurai714 said:

Are you being serious?

Wow, I really like Akizuki...it has become one of my favorite destroyers since they nuked the Shiratsuyu.  It has smoke, it has torpedo reload booster (although it doesn't have many torps), and most importantly, it has rapid firing guns that dole out significant damage.  When spec'd properly she is a serious DD hunter.  It turns more like a fast, agile cruiser, but if you position carefully that shortcoming can be mitigated.

Members
319 posts
4,388 battles
On 9/16/2017 at 4:47 AM, desmo_2 said:

Are you being serious?

Wow, I really like Akizuki...it has become one of my favorite destroyers since they nuked the Shiratsuyu.  It has smoke, it has torpedo reload booster (although it doesn't have many torps), and most importantly, it has rapid firing guns that dole out significant damage.  When spec'd properly she is a serious DD hunter.  It turns more like a fast, agile cruiser, but if you position carefully that shortcoming can be mitigated.

Everyone says the same thing.  There are two sides to this...love it or hate it.  I hate the Akizuiki.  I gave her 100 painful games and had fun maaaaaaybe 5 of those.

Sign in to follow this