You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kingofthepanzers98

A warning For Bismarck and Tirpitz players

9 comments in this topic

[PS1HQ]
Members
71 posts
5,911 battles

So I just had something strange occur to me in the Bismarck and even though I'm pretty sure it was feature, it may have been a bug. But I'm quite certain it was due to the in game hit boxes due to the way it happened.

I was playing a teir 8 standard battle on hotspot in my Bismarck when I accidentally rammed a Friendly New Orleans broadside on(was somewhat his fault since I was heading between 2 islands and he decided to sail very close to the passage with his side onto it) this was just outside the large lagoon where the C cap is. Now I had already dropped speed and began to turn in an attempt to avoid the collision. I was already set for full reverse and he seemed to be getting clear of my ship when suddenly I noticed my speed was not dropping below 4 knots and his cruiser seemed to be stuck onto a point on my ship.  it wasn't till I looked at my bow side on that I realized that the point of the bow had become logged onto the structure near the rear of the New Orleans, specifically on where the structure began as the bow was in the area where the catapult for the fighter would be. 

I now think that due to the rather aggressive shape of the Bismarck's bow (and therefore the Tirpitz as well since they share the same shape) that it is possible for it to catch onto structures and items on ships if they are rammed side on. In this case it seems incredibly difficult to remove your ship from the rammed ship, especially if the rammed ship continues moving, since it seems to actually start dragging the Bismarck along with it. 

it is entirely possible this was a bug but at the same time it seems very much like it was an actual feature.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

This can happen on a number of ships if you are not careful.

[TBW]
Members
6,319 posts
11,869 battles

DD's get stuck on other ships a lot.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,204 battles

How to unstick 2 ships that have rammed eachother.

The best way to do it is to go to full speed and turn away.

[-TAB-]
Members
1,597 posts
5,126 battles
1 hour ago, kingofthepanzers98 said:

So I just had something strange occur to me in the Bismarck and even though I'm pretty sure it was feature, it may have been a bug. But I'm quite certain it was due to the in game hit boxes due to the way it happened.

I was playing a teir 8 standard battle on hotspot in my Bismarck when I accidentally rammed a Friendly New Orleans broadside on(was somewhat his fault since I was heading between 2 islands and he decided to sail very close to the passage with his side onto it) this was just outside the large lagoon where the C cap is. Now I had already dropped speed and began to turn in an attempt to avoid the collision. I was already set for full reverse and he seemed to be getting clear of my ship when suddenly I noticed my speed was not dropping below 4 knots and his cruiser seemed to be stuck onto a point on my ship.  it wasn't till I looked at my bow side on that I realized that the point of the bow had become logged onto the structure near the rear of the New Orleans, specifically on where the structure began as the bow was in the area where the catapult for the fighter would be. 

I now think that due to the rather aggressive shape of the Bismarck's bow (and therefore the Tirpitz as well since they share the same shape) that it is possible for it to catch onto structures and items on ships if they are rammed side on. In this case it seems incredibly difficult to remove your ship from the rammed ship, especially if the rammed ship continues moving, since it seems to actually start dragging the Bismarck along with it. 

it is entirely possible this was a bug but at the same time it seems very much like it was an actual feature.

that is totally cool, and i'm taking out my Bismarck and trying it now. thanks !!

Members
819 posts
3,823 battles

Yeah can remember getting hung up on a North Carolina and dragged around in my Tirpitz, then few months past I dragged a Pensacola around with me during an exchange of gun fire with the enemies again with the Tirpitz. That Atlantic Bow is an amazing cow catcher.

Edited by Magic_Fighting_Tuna