You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
VGLance

Any feel like there was a stealth nerf to the Yammy?

24 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,694 battles

Last few days I've seen some of the most atrocious spreads in the Yammy and my citadel frequency has plummeted.  Others have commented too that they feel something has changed a bit.  Just curious if anyone else has felt the same way.  Mostly since the last 48 hours.  Opinions from those who play the Yammy a lot would be helpful.  It could easily be one of those rare probability strings of bad luck in RNG, but like I said, others have felt a change as well, so I thought I'd ask the forumites on their thoughts.

Beta Testers
1,357 posts

Not just Yamato... I'm horrified my Scharnhorst no longer hits citadels on broadside cruisers just 5km away. The shells hit the right location but no citadel hits are recorded.

[TXP]
Members
653 posts
10,229 battles

Now you do know the Shiny horse was totally OP in T7 matches, right. Everyone would go to the other side of the playing field when one rounded the point.

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,299 battles
3 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

+10's need to become a thing.

HQdCkaX.gif

as do -10's, especially when you +10 Issm for this kind of thing...

Edited by pmgaudio

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,694 battles
2 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

That's ok, he needs to troll because it's one of his main sources of self pleasure.  How else can he entertain himself when his ugly personality has alienated people to such an extreme that he's isolated himself completely from society?  He needs to be here because it's his safe place to be as ugly as he is knowing he won't face any consequences.  He'll probably troll after I write this too which not only proves my point, it shows just how much he lacks self control.  He's a one-string banjo, and he'll just keep plucking it over and over again.  He's so predictable, he's a cliche.

Would be eye-opening to make a documentary on these people, show just how disturbing and sad their day-to-day life is and reveal how negligent their parents / caretakers are in monitoring their behavior.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,190 posts
3,867 battles

I don't feel like anything changed on Yamato.

Seems like it may have just been a bit of bad luck.

Bellarophon, however, needs to stop straddling broadside targets with no hits. I never thought I'd encounter an annoying tier 3 grind that bothered me as much as pre-buff Kawachi.

Edited by AraAragami

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Nothing has been changed. Just a case of bad luck I'm afraid.

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,299 battles
14 minutes ago, VGLance said:

That's ok, he needs to troll because it's one of his main sources of self pleasure.  How else can he entertain himself when his ugly personality has alienated people to such an extreme that he's isolated himself completely from society?  He needs to be here because it's his safe place to be as ugly as he is knowing he won't face any consequences.  He'll probably troll after I write this too which not only proves my point, it shows just how much he lacks self control.  He's a one-string banjo, and he'll just keep plucking it over and over again.  He's so predictable, he's a cliche.

Would be eye-opening to make a documentary on these people, show just how disturbing and sad their day-to-day life is and reveal how negligent their parents / caretakers are in monitoring their behavior.

mfonbvQ.gif

[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,751 battles
37 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

HQdCkaX.gif

You know people most likely disregard your comments since I have never seen you in a battle and you only post comments that are negative on the forum or at least are Trolling in any case.

[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,751 battles

In some ways Yamato might be stealth nerfed slightly like Iowa class getting lowered Citadel for example, but in general think the ship does ok and I still plan on getting my own Yamato to be my tier X BB, other X ships are likely to be DDs, CAs, and maybe a CV. But Yamato is likely to be my only X BB.

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
31 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Bellarophon, however, needs to stop straddling broadside targets with no hits. I never thought I'd encounter an annoying tier 3 grind that bothered me as much as pre-buff Kawachi.

Bellerophon, Kawachi? Heck, EVEN KONIG ALBERT OFTEN STRADDLES BROADSIDE TARGETS WITH NO HITS.:Smile_facepalm::Smile_sceptic::Smile_sad:

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,190 posts
3,867 battles
1 minute ago, legoboy0401 said:

Bellerophon, Kawachi? Heck, EVEN KONIG ALBERT OFTEN STRADDLES BROADSIDE TARGETS WITH NO HITS.:Smile_facepalm::Smile_sceptic::Smile_sad:

Weirdly I never had that experience with Nassau or South Carolina.

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
Just now, AraAragami said:

Weirdly I never had that experience with Nassau or South Carolina.

Nassau's MB gunners were drunk. It was exceedingly hard at medium range to hit anything, even stationary targets.

South Carolina was GOD MODE for me. She just felt laser-accurate, a perfect cruiser-killer.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,190 posts
3,867 battles
1 minute ago, legoboy0401 said:

Nassau's MB gunners were drunk. It was exceedingly hard at medium range to hit anything, even stationary targets.

South Carolina was GOD MODE for me. She just felt laser-accurate, a perfect cruiser-killer.

Kawachi's guns are actually pretty accurate. The problem before she was buffed was that she is the slowest thing in her tier and all ships out-ranged her. Even the destroyers.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

miOJiI7.gif

There are no such things as stealth nerfs.

Bugs? Maybe. Bad RNG? Sure. Other people getting lucky? Probably.

But WG does not do stealth nerfs. There is no point. None. At all.

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
Just now, AraAragami said:

Kawachi's guns are actually pretty accurate. The problem before she was buffed was that she is the slowest thing in her tier and all ships out-ranged her. Even the destroyers.

Also stock she has a 32 second reload, same as Grosser Kurfurst with 420s and Nagato always.

[ANKER]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,088 posts
3,225 battles

I would say not stealth nerfs, just ever since Yammy was OP as hell, German BBs with hard to hit citadels, Fast french cruisers, smoking british cruisers, ranged flamethrower russian cruisers, and stealthy flamethrower RNBBs have all been introduced. Plus existing USN cruisers and BBs were buffed, so it is harder for Yammy to perform as it used to due to the increases in performance of other ships as well as added variety. IMHO, Yammy is still quite well off, especially as it can lolpen t10 BB bows.

Members
1,125 posts
6,703 battles
1 hour ago, AraAragami said:

thought i would start the brit BBs today, played one game, and that was what happened.   A dd 5 km away and the shells in back to back salvos landed perfectly around said target.   at least i gave his ship a bath from the splashes.  that was after being detonated in back to back games.  i figured it was a sign and just got off for the day. 

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,299 battles

after having had a battle or two with you in it (I remember obviously better than You seem to) I will take anything you say negative about me as a compliment... after watching your performance those few times... as well as reading most of your posts.... you should stop doing both, especially if you are going to come here and bad mouth me in the forums and comment on my playing....(see the games played. total, and recant ...... I am not a fan of you either.... so it doe not bother my sleeping at night to know you dont care for me.... really)

and BTW I can prolly count on one hand the people here that don't care for me.... and they are on the same list as you....and I think three of them are banned anyway.....

Edited by pmgaudio

[RKN]
Members
1,424 posts
11,761 battles

Probably server de-sync or something like it. I have experienced similar in the Missouri - shotgun dispersion from a ship that we all know has good dispersion and sigma.

Its like you're not even locked on to the target.