You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Usedcarjock

Your Best and Your Worst Purchase

97 comments in this topic

[TLW] Fletcher7_1944 280
2,583 posts
54 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Worst purchase- $500 worth of Santa crates

Best purchase- $500 dollars worth of Santa crates

Amen!  Spent way too much $$, but got oodles of cool stuff- inc both of the highly sought after "We'll never sell em again!" ships.  The Devs know me too well!  I'm a sucker for an unknown box of random goodies,lol.

Best purchase:  Alabama.  It took a few games to figure out how best to play it, but now it's my go to for grinding Elite XP, and getting a captain that extra daily win bonus.  Thing's a beast!  It's gotten me my all time high damage scores.  I'm a big Nor-Cal fan, and this just feels like an even better one.  The tighter turning radius and improved torpedo protection are sweet.  (and with my AA spec CO captain, it's even nastier on planes!:Smile_playing:)   As a huge fan of the USN Standards- that nicer turning radius just feels like home to me.

Worst purchase:  Atlanta- hands down.  Worse- I KNEW what I was in for, and bought it anyway.  Yup- all y'all weren't lying...  A 6 year old with a pea shooter can destroy the turrets on this thing.

70 posts
4,791 battles

Best purchase: Tirpitz I've had her from the beginning and have always loved her, rarely have a bad game in her and she really taught me how to play those german BBs 

Worst purchase: Duca D'Aosta rarely enjoy playing her and she seems to fall apart in a heavy wind sometimes, that and most of her weapons do low dmg for the teir

[VVV] yamato6945 70
414 posts
8,333 battles

Best  Scharnhorst she's pretty much my go to ship if i want  a good match.

Worst the santa box that gave the Kransy Krem.

Edited by yamato6945

[HELLS] GrandAdmiral_2016 237
1,258 posts
11,106 battles

Best? Texas, which I got as a gift. Worst? Scharnhorst, a ship the does not fit my play style. Honorable mentions? Best Arizona, worst Duca D'Aosta (although I love the damned thing!).

Brohk 485
1,483 posts
5,162 battles

Best: Atlanta, hands down. The Tirpitz would be second, but nothing compares to playing my beloved rapid fire murder machine. 

Worst: Eh... probably any low tier ship (IV or lower)

[SIDE] Merlox 58
366 posts
2,300 battles

Best: Perth.

Worst: Gallant (I loved the Anshan, But this thing feels like a tier 5 destroyer.) 

[RUST] sbcptnitro 530
2,521 posts
13,567 battles

Best: Atlanta - first premium and still played. So fun!

Worst: Okhotnik - what a POS this ship is!

[SSG] WanderingGhost 511
2,490 posts
5,700 battles

Best - Tie between Arizona, Scharn, Kaga, Belfast, and Saipan (not for it being OP, but for managing to teach me how to beat it, rough as it can be.

Worst - premium time shortly before CV play broke my spirit to even play this game.

Honorable worst has to go with in game credits for Bismarck. 3k more damage, better KD, survival, plane downed, MBH is even and even WTR basically and fml I can not BUY a win in the thing. I apparently finally got it to 38% as opposed to at least the 48% Tirp has, despite not being  quite as good, Tirpitz a victim of some of my longer slumps. Weird things like this are part of why I refuse to measure anyone purely on winrate.

6,283 posts
14,092 battles
2 hours ago, khan1670 said:

Worst - Indianapolis...

Another ship that seems hated, but that I apparently get along with. The one time I used it in the last T7 ranked season was a pathetic performance, (only 15k damage,) but the radar exposed two destroyers trying to flank my team, which were both soon ex-destroyers...

...guess I smelled-'em coming; decided I should pop the radar, and there they were.

2 hours ago, motaz87 said:

worst? def the mikasa. i know it was dirt cheap but man that thing is god awfull.

Surely you have a extra captain or twelve lying around from all of those WG has thrown at you; spec him specifically for Mikasa and for secondaries and play the ship in Co-op to relax when you're bored or burnt out because of losses. Help your team's anklebiters murder anything that flings metal fishes, then get in close and punch anything that's left in the face.

50 minutes ago, Merlox said:

Worst: Gallant (I loved the Anshan, But this thing feels like a tier 5 destroyer.) 

Gallant turned out to be my best ship in Dynamo; made me glad I bought it, 80% wr. Anthony and Cyclone were both 60% wr. Playing it in Randoms has been on par with Farragut with how well I seem to do with it; another 'hated' ship I've clicked with perhaps?

31 minutes ago, sbcptnitro said:

Best: Atlanta - first premium and still played. So fun!

Worst: Okhotnik - what a POS this ship is!

Atlanta? Situationally awesome for me; but I can't get it to do as well as others can.

Okhotnik? Everything that Derpski was supposed to be, Okhotnik has been for me; without the suicide part. Long ship is long; and it turns like a pregnant cement truck, but we have gotten along rather well. I guess it's my T5 RU Kitakami; love being able to swamp someone's potential evasion paths with torpedoes, and the guns are nice too.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[WOLF5] Patton5150 356
In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,903 posts
19,078 battles

Best:  Tirpitz and Shining Horse

Worse:  Duca

[NMKJT] KiyoSenkan 5,377
17,395 posts
3,741 battles

Best purchase for me has to be Fujin. Even with tier 5 matchmaking ruined she's still capable of being fun.

Worst purchase: Any tier 8 cruiser. Because I was too blinded by Pudding to realize I was literally paying money to be food for tier 10s. Good ship, bad bracket.

Edited by AraAragami

[WOLF4] DingBat 566
1,082 posts
4,661 battles

Best: Wow, a lot

- As someone else mentioned, the SC's that got me the Gremmy

- The Blyss - The Gremmy and the Blyss are the most enjoyable ships I own.

- Also, the Belfast, Kutuzov, and Fujin - All extremely valuable for grinding coin, training, and just sheer enjoyment. 

Worst: Don't hate me, but the Scharnhorst. 

- I'm just not a bb player. The Dunkerque is probably a worse outright purchase than the Scharn, but the Scharn gets top billing because I really should enjoy her more than I do. 

[NMKJT] Destroyer_Suzukaze 467
2,118 posts

Best Purchase - Toss up between the Fujin and Santa Boxes. Fujin is just plain fun. Santa Boxes I was lucky with, getting a ship more often than not. I spent like $120 and came out with a whole bunch of ships, 12 10 point IJN commanders, 5 German commanders, and 4 Pan Asian commanders which I thought would not be useful. Silly me. And about $80k doubloons

Worst Purchase - Warspite. I bout it early in a package with the Campbeltown before I realized how much I disliked playing BBs

[NOOOB] Panzer1113 148
1,109 posts
9,376 battles

Best - Santa Crates that gave me so many fun premiums (Lo Yang, Atago, Gremy, Atlanta), do not second guess any of the pile of cash I donated

Worst - Duca, by far... Reviews overhyped, bought as a trainer for all those Italian ships that we have seen.....

[BBICT] Sir_Davos_Seaworth 653
2,525 posts
2,589 battles

Best: Shiny Horse will always be my "safe place." Another fan of the Dunk...not sure why either, just get along with her. Ditto the Eugen. Best in game ships: Martel, Clemson, Bismarck.

Worst: I know I'll catch flack for this, but Warspite. I have no earthly idea what it is, but I just suck in her. 16 point captain too. I just dunno. I have zero plans to grind the RN BBs either. (but I kind of want a Nelson) 

642 posts
16,510 battles

Best:  1 yr premium time for 50% off (or something like that) - 3 campaign tasks at once, yeaaa.

Worst:  9 port slots for a really good price (same day as the premium time buy).   The next day they started handing them out like dirty looks at an upscale hotel.

[SIM] SkaerKrow 732
1,793 posts
3,101 battles

Best: Toss up. Either $100ish worth of Santa Crates (got me the Kutuzov, Atago, Atlanta, Molotov, Lo Yang, and Imperator Nikolai), or the Dunkerque, which was a ship that helped me begin elevating my play in World of Warships. I went from the basement to the stairs leading to the first floor. 

Worst: The Hood. Worst ship that I've ever played, by a pretty wide margin. She has little in the way of strengths, and a bunch of weaknesses. I keep trying to like her, but there's never been a situation where I wouldn't have been better off in Nelson or Warspite. 

[ECOM] Captain_Doll 159
470 posts
8,460 battles

Best-so many. Scharnhorst is still my favorite. 

Worst- the duca. What a POS. 

Edited by Captain_Doll

[AGP] AT_Velos 12
63 posts
3,663 battles

Best purchase: M. Kutuzov (for the monies, gimme monies!)

Worst purchase: Duca D' Aosta (Love-Hate relationship, can't make it work)

pss-last-chance-for-hsf-ships.jpg

• Cool 2

[-K-] RightYouAreKen 203
922 posts
5,647 battles

Best: Nikolai...grabbed it while it was available for a measly $24.99.  Runner up, Scharnhorst.  Best $ per battle ratio of any of my premiums and the ship I've played more than any other.  

Worst: Okhotnik...just can't get it to work for me for some reason. Close second is Atlanta...also not one I can get to work for me.  

Edited by RightYouAreKen

121 posts
2,167 battles

BEST: the kurfiew, yes i know, but the kurfiew is a god oamong ships for me, 11,9km secondary, 28 second reload on the 420mm's and a 105k HP on the ship. i mean whats not to love 

Worst: the lolorado, good god im thankful ill never have to play that ship again 

[SYN] IronWolfV 6,775
Beta Testers
30,468 posts
3,915 battles

Best purchase: Scharnhorst. Most fun I have in game.

Worst: I know LittleWhiteMouse will crucify me for this but Warspite. I like Hood way more.

Edited by IronWolfV