You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Usedcarjock

Your Best and Your Worst Purchase

97 comments in this topic

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,209 battles

Best Purchase: Prinz Eugen No really, Prinz Eugen. This ship has brought me so much joy while playing it. I've held out months and months purchasing the ship due to the press it gets. However, despite all the negative feedback the ship gets, I always have a blast in every match I play. Whether it be the underdog in a Tier X match where I can farm fire damage off of BBs or in a Tier VI-VIII match where she absolutely stomps on her adversaries, Prinz Eugen never fails to bring me a good match stat and enjoyment wise. Now I will say: The Fresh Prinz isn't for everyone. But if you do have her, try to take her out for a spin every once and a while; she is definitely more than meets the eye.

Worst Purchase: Alabama. I wanted to love this ship, I really did. Maybe it's because I have Missouri, or maybe it's because I just don't quite connect with the ship, but no matter what I do I cannot perform in 'Bama nor enjoy my time. Kinda sucks because Alabama was one of the ships I was really hyped for, but personally fell flat.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Supertester
5,140 posts
8,919 battles

I'll never understand the PE hype. That's a lot of money to spend for a new Hipper skin and XP earnings.

As for the 'Bama, it's basically a better NC. If you didn't like the latter, it should've been a safe bet that you wouldn't like the former. 

Best purchase: Belfast (except it was free...)

Worst purchase: Murmansk (Got nerfed right after I bought it)

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

Worst purchase- $500 worth of Santa crates

Best purchase- $500 dollars worth of Santa crates

• Cool 12

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,706 posts
11,323 battles

Best: The Santa crate that gave me Gremmy. 

Worst: Belfast.  I know she is good, I just don't really have any fun driving her.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,410 posts
25,242 battles

My best was Tirpitz. Ship I learned how to play on.

My worst... all my T5 premiums. Thanks to WG's wrecking of T5 and T6 to sell more high tier premiums, they can't be played in Random. 

[SCCC]
Members
1,132 posts
5,561 battles

Best Purchase: Any amount of doubloons which was 8712 and I bought the Kutuzov

Worst Purchase: The 3 premium days with the 1.5k doubloons.

• Cool 2

[TF16B]
Members
8,051 posts
16,991 battles
2 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

I'll never understand the PE hype.

For me it's just a name with history attached; as a ship I dislike it the same way I dislike Atago... 'Great this, great that' the both of them;  not when I use them; both have been useless to me.

Worst; Belfast... Another ship that has been useless to me.

Best; Warspite... Only premium ship that has EVER been consistently reliable for me.

• Cool 1

[TF16B]
Members
8,051 posts
16,991 battles
7 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Worst: Belfast.  I know she is good, I just don't really have any fun driving her.

Pretty much...

• Cool 1

[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles

Best Purchase - Santa crates which equated to 330,000 Doubloons.

Worst Purchase - Every ship below T10.

[-K-]
Supertester
5,140 posts
8,919 battles
5 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

For me it's just a name with history attached; as a ship I dislike it the same way I dislike Atago... 'Great this, great that' the both of them;  not when I use them; both have been useless to me.

I can understand if someone picks it up for the historical value. Price still seems high to me, but that reason is more justifiable than anything related to the ship's performance. 

With that said, I'll never tell a person how or how not to spend their money. 

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT

[NET]
Beta Testers
453 posts
3,735 battles

worst? def the mikasa. i know it was dirt cheap but man that thing is god awfull. best? hmm i guess the arizona and alabama. 

[LOU1]
Members
2,854 posts
7,987 battles

Best purchase was Perth (Santa creates are right up there, too)

Worst purchase was the Duca.  That ship and I can't seem to get along.

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,209 battles
17 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

I'll never understand the PE hype. That's a lot of money to spend for a new Hipper skin and XP earnings.

As for the 'Bama, it's basically a better NC. If you didn't like the latter, it should've been a safe bet that you wouldn't like the former. 

Best purchase: Belfast (except it was free...)

Worst purchase: Murmansk (Got nerfed right after I bought it)

Loved Hipper in the tree, wanted to move to Battleship Hindenburg but didn't want to grind out a new captain to keep Hipper so bought Eugen to get the best of both worlds. Also I do well and love NC so "shrug"

[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,391 posts
4,284 battles

Best purchase: Atago. Purchased back in the day when it was the only IJN premium ship and the captain skill tree was simpler. Atago was the good all purpose captain trainer and everyman cruiser, that worked well with any (except CV) captain. This was in contrast to Atlanta which required its own specualised captain. Even now it's a solid ship to play.

Worst purchase (with cash): Ishizuchi. This was pre-buff when the ship got shot to pieces by everything before it could get into firing range.

Worst purchase (with game credits): Hakuryu. I had it unlocked for a long time but never bought it because I'm not good at CVs. I bought it today just for the super container. I'll sell it once the discount period ends.

Honorable mention: Dunkerque. All the reviews said it was terrible. I bought it anyway after watching Yuro's 'how to dunkerque video', and something just clicked. It's now among my best performing BBs.

[WOLF2]
Members
357 posts
6,012 battles

Worst - Indianapolis

Best is a bit harder..... probably one of Atago, Kutozov or Murmansk (before it got hammered by the new MM).  I like most of the them to some degree though.

[SF-E]
Members
522 posts
6,236 battles

Best purchase - Permanent premium camo on my Khaba.  It quickly became my favorite ship, which is why I bought the perma camo after only a few games.  That ship has now earned me millions of elite commander exp, and assuming an average of 300k credits per match, it has earned more than 100 million credits.  That 300k per match is a conservative guess.  It's likely the true average is higher.

Worst purchase - Molotov.  Not saying it's a bad ship, but the play style is just not for me.  I'm somewhat aggressive and like to get in the middle of the fray, taking hits just as much as dishing them out.  The Molotov simply doesn't have any means of mitigating damage, so it's not well suited to my preferred play style.  I feel like this ship has to be played at max range, sniping from a distance.  That's just not fun in my opinion, so I almost never play it.

[SF-E]
Members
522 posts
6,236 battles

deleted - I don't know why it posted twice.  My internet connectivity is extremely bad right now.

Edited by Tembin

Members
3,629 posts
13,443 battles

Best; Scharnhorst. With Scharnie, what other tier 7 ship do ya need? :Smile_great:  (I have other tier 7s anyway but I don't need 'em)

Worst; Molotov. A floating citadel that gets cited when seagulls crap on it and has the turning radius of a supertanker. The only good thing about her is the railguns.

Edited by ReddNekk

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,572 posts
3,901 battles

Best Purchase: The three ships for the Closed Beta Test.

Worst Purchase: The gold I bought today for the XP conversion sale that I didn't find out until afterwards (because it is not properly marked, labeled or textually described ANYWHERE) is for converting Elite Commander XP, not ship XP. 

This was very poorly done, WG.

[NEP]
Beta Testers
76 posts
3,235 battles

Best Purchase: Atago

Worst Purchase: ~$40 worth of Dunkirk containers because I missed the Jack Dunkirk mission until the last 3 days. Had 3 pins left to go, thought it wouldnt take many at all, but for every crate they only give you one collection item along with other crap that no one bought them for, on top of that all items were duplicates so it ended up costing that much for a 10 point "special" captain. I decided to not throw a single cent at this game since then.

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
467 posts
5,423 battles

Best: Permanent camo for my Kurfurst. Honorable mention goes to Scharnhorst and Arizona, but at the end of the day it's the closest thing you can get to a T10 premium. It just s**** on everything :D

Worst: The recent Paypal bundle I later got a refund for. Marketed with vague descriptions which Wargaming "fixed" by making absurd restrictions. I'd say doubloons for this anniversary event but they never go bad...unlike my opinion of Wargaming NA. Apparently the other servers get better treatment, and the Russian server is swimming in perks and bonuses.

[VVV]
Beta Testers
799 posts
5,155 battles

Best: Mighty Mo, Though I didn't buy it, I did earn it. (happened to come at the time I wasn't using free xp on anything.) But I would have gladly paid for it! Worst: By far the Tirpitz. Not a bad ship just completely useless for me, I suck with it and never liked the ship. I got it out of waiting forever for the south Dakota class premium. So the only real buy I've regretted and would return if I could. All the other's I've got even though I don't use, I still feel happy about them.