Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AlemaumBeer

ARP TAKAO now is ATAGO

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

25
[MDB]
Members
124 posts
12,104 battles

i played last match with my Takao and.....my report after game said Atago x.X 
is normal this after disable the arps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles

Tak is the ARP version of Atago.  Disable the ARP view and you will see the ships as their tech tree counterpart.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
618
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles

Yeah, Takao and Atago are sister ships.  The other two were Maya and Chokai, I believe.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[MDB]
Members
124 posts
12,104 battles

yep i know is the same class ship but my doubt is,

i played with Arp Takao and the report after match write Atago. I though that, if i play with Arp Takao the report after battle should be Arp takao in the name of the ship.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, mavfin87 said:

Yeah, Takao and Atago are sister ships.  The other two were Maya and Chokai, I believe.

 

Kongo and Kongo.  Come on.  Every ARP ship has a tech tree sister.  Myo and Myo.  I have like 10 ARP ships that are just cartoon duplicates of tech trees.  There is no ARP special ship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, AlemaumBeer said:

yep i know is the same class ship but my doubt is,

i played with Arp Takao and the report after match write Atago. I though that, if i play with Arp Takao the report after battle should be Arp takao in the name of the ship.

 

But didn't you say you disabled the ARP?  So if you disabled it, then why would you expect to see a credit for it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,338
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,414 posts
4,309 battles

Funny thing is that Atago was actually the Takao fron Alpha testing. So ARP Takao becomes Atago which is actually Takao, everything has gone full circle lol.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
428
[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,578 posts
3,918 battles
1 hour ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Tak is the ARP version of Atago.  Disable the ARP view and you will see the ships as their tech tree counterpart.  

There are two levels of this.  If you click on the eyeball, it removes the funky colors (used to know a better phrase for that, but it completely escapes me now) but the ships themselves remain visible.  If you click the check box (unchecked) they simply do not appear in your port.

As for why OP got a battle report for Atago instead of ARP Takao, sorry - wish I knew what was going on there.  It may just be that they use the Atago/Kongo base code for each of the ARP ships, so that's how they report?  It's been so long since I played one, I can't remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,745 posts
5,464 battles
5 minutes ago, Fishrokk said:

There are two levels of this.  If you click on the eyeball, it removes the funky colors (used to know a better phrase for that, but it completely escapes me now) but the ships themselves remain visible.  If you click the check box (unchecked) they simply do not appear in your port.

As for why OP got a battle report for Atago instead of ARP Takao, sorry - wish I knew what was going on there.  It may just be that they use the Atago/Kongo base code for each of the ARP ships, so that's how they report?  It's been so long since I played one, I can't remember.

Neon camo, East German Night Club skin, etc., etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
608
[NMKJT]
Members
2,678 posts
1 hour ago, mavfin87 said:

Yeah, Takao and Atago are sister ships.  The other two were Maya and Chokai, I believe.

 

It was the Takao class for what its worth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
618
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
Just now, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

It was the Takao class for what its worth

Yes.  And half the class (Atago, Maya) was sunk by US submarines on the way to Leyte Gulf, while Takao limped back to Singapore and never left it after that, afaik.  Chokai was sunk off Samar in the fight with Taffy 3.

 

A whole ship class sunk or crippled within a couple days.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,591
[SALVO]
Members
16,632 posts
17,300 battles

For what little its worth, I wish that WG would give the ARP ships a minor tweak in this small regard.  I'm no fan of these anime ships, though I have all but the Takao (was unavailable to play that campaign, sadly).  But it stinks that you can't change the camo to put a more useful one on it.  At the barest minimum, it might be nice if the ARP skin/camos gave the ARP ships the two basic camo buffs.  Or alternatively, it might be nice if you could mount any camo on the ARP ships to gain those benefits, even if you couldn't SEE them on the ship and only saw the ARP skin.

Kinda stinks having a ship that is actually sort of worse than the tech tree equivalent because you can't mount any camo other than the ARP skin and as such are denied the benefits of said camos.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×