You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptHarlock_222

An ARP ships question

9 comments in this topic

Members
266 posts
3,331 battles

So I got 3 supercontainers today, 2 from Zao and Yamato and 1 just from random luck and all three had those 'greatly appreciated' upgrade modules in them. My issue is not with getting them, however. Instead my question revolves around my fleet of ARP ships. I have a grand total of 5 Myoko-class heavy cruisers and I also happen to have become a fan of Arpeggio of Blue Steel thanks to this game, so I have each one using a different commander and upgrade module build. I try (as much as is possible) to have each ship's build reflect the ship in the show, so Ashigara got an AA build (at the time, secondaries didn't make too much sense, but with the recent buff, I may switch her build with the standard Myoko that I bought back to try the new secondary buff), Haguro is pure fire starter, Myoko is main guns + a partial AA setup, and Nachi is geared for spotting and hunting DDs. Nachi is the ship that I had in mind for the hydroacoustic upgrade module that I got today but I found out that she can't mount any of the supercontainer modules. I double checked the module description to see if it was a tier specific issue, then I checked my standard Myoko to see if she could accept them, and she can. I got to thinking and checked my HSF ships and they are able to accept the supercontainer modules. So what I'm wondering is, is this a bug, an oversight, or is it an intentional disadvantage for the ARP ships like their inability to mount camo? I guess it could also be the whole 'ARP ships can't be altered except for balance changes, because the cooperative contract is up' thing that seems to be often mentioned about them. I'm not going to be too upset if it turns out that this is intentional, but I had been hoping to get one of those hydroacoustic module upgrades for Nachi to enhance her hydro and better emulate the character/ship from the show.

[ARMDA]
Members
8,993 posts
3,464 battles

Might wanna check again. The only disadvantage the ARPs have is not able to mount camo.

And ayy, someone who did the same thing as me

• Cool 1

Members
266 posts
3,331 battles

I did check, none of my ARP ships are able to mount supercontainer upgrade modules. The upgrades don't show up in the drop down menu for them and they don't display the green + symbol under the slots, whereas my plain Myoko does display both. Maybe it's just my rollercoaster luck striking again.

[TF16B]
Members
8,063 posts
17,012 battles

Hmmm... may need to look when I get home and see if I have the same issue as the OP.

23 minutes ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

wish we could get some more arp ships perhaps a eu/usa/ru ships...

I'd be happy for the short term if I could get a Veriny (Hibiki) Captain to put on my Groz.

KanMusu147Card.png

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Members
266 posts
3,331 battles

Maybe it is. It does seem a bit off that we can't mount those ever popular upgrade modules on these ships. I'd be up for another round of ARP ships. Maya in AA cruiser configuration would be a welcome addition to my fleet. 

[HCH]
Beta Testers
858 posts
7,176 battles
6 minutes ago, CaptHarlock_222 said:

Maybe it is. It does seem a bit off that we can't mount those ever popular upgrade modules on these ships. I'd be up for another round of ARP ships. Maya in AA cruiser configuration would be a welcome addition to my fleet. 

Unfortunately, ARP ships will not be forthcoming, as the Arpeggio and WG partnership had ended, thus we can't have any more events involving the ARP ships.

That being said, I too would certainly enjoy another event to earn more ARP ships.

Members
266 posts
3,331 battles

Ok, I went through the customer support ticket process (twice). The first time I may not have stated what I meant clearly enough, as the answer that they came up with was that I had the hydroacoustic search consumable already mounted. I thought about that overnight and decided to try again with the exact name of the upgrade rather than try and describe it from memory. This time they answered back that ARP ships are not able to use the supercontainer upgrades, although it was a bit murky if it is intentional or not, but I'm going to guess that it is. Assuming I'm right, that is a bit of a bummer, but not the end of the world. I'll just figure out something else to do with it, although I may just sell it as it isn't the sort of thing that I'd use unless the ship was focused on using hydro. I tend to prefer using defensive fire for the times when CVs show up or I want to get rid of enemy spotter planes. It could have a place when I get some higher tier German cruisers (the ones with the buffed hydro), but I'm not quite to the Admiral Hipper yet.