You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Th3KrimzonD3mon

To those freaking out about the XP conversion

26 comments in this topic

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,742 posts
7,373 battles

To all those who think WG somehow cheated you with the current XP conversion promo, allow me to explain some things to you, please.

You're freaking out about nothing, most likely because you don't realize one thing: Free XP can also be used to train and retrain our captains. ALL Elite Commander XP can be used for is training and retraining captains. What this conversion does is allow you to use your Elite Commander XP on more than just the one thing.

You have not been cheated. You have not been betrayed. You have not been conned. WG, in this instance, has screwed no-one over. WG, in this instance, is actually doing something for you, something that is actually good. Once converted, you can still use that XP to train and retrain captains. Should you convert, you'll also be able to use that XP for other things, like ship and module research, or Nelson and/or Missouri.

You're going bonkers for no reason at all, except that you didn't realize that one thing. WG did actually explain this when they made the change some months back, however, they may not have explained it well, and, to be fair, much of the base ignores patch notes, news, and the forums.

I hope this clears this up for you. I use Free XP on my captains all the time. You can, too, and you can use your Elite CO XP on ships. It's the same thing as Elite ship XP, just earned a different way. Go forth and convert as you wished to, my friends!

Peace, out.

**Oh, and Elite XP has always meant Commander XP, ship XP is referred to as "XP", or "Ship XP", has been for as long as I've been here. They didn't mislead you, you read it wrong or simply didn't understand what you were reading.

Edited by TheKrimzonDemon
  • Cool 3

Members
9,868 posts

Who in their right mind, with 19 point captains, would ever need to waste elite xp and convert it to free xp?:Smile_amazed:

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 8

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Members
421 posts
1,841 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

Who in their right mind, with 19 point captains, would ever need to waste elite xp and convert it to free xp?:Smile_amazed:

^^ That...

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,260 battles

Thanks for trying to clear things up, however, it seems there are a hell of a lot more people that don't know the difference between the two XP types, than there are that do. Could have been explained better in the birthday news. Also, someone said elite xp just came out in 6.0.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,742 posts
7,373 battles
3 minutes ago, awiggin said:

-.-

It isn't being wasted, it works the same as it did before the conversion, you simply can use it on more things than JUST captain training. More, you earn it at a higher rate than you do ship, I'd say one should be more prone to converting it, rather than less.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,742 posts
7,373 battles
Just now, toosonmike said:

Thanks for trying to clear things up, however, it seems there are a hell of a lot more people that don't know the difference between the two XP types, than there are that do. Could have been explained better in the birthday news. Also, someone said elite xp just came out in 6.0.

6.0 was like 9 months ago. Lol.

[PVE]
Members
5,317 posts
17,820 battles
On 9/15/2017 at 3:22 PM, awiggin said:

Yeah out of up votes (owe you one Awiggin) but most definitely this. Converting captain elite xp to free xp seems silly unless you are flush with 19 point captains and few boats. Considering you can convert free xp to elite captain xp at 1:1 for no cost it seems a stupid thing for most players. (edited to up vote Awiggin).

Edited by Taylor3006

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles

Reading is OP, you know, Krimzon.  And, as you say, people don't read patch notes, or the wiki notes on base game stuff, etc.

To be more clear: Elite Commander XP comes from playing 19-point captains, *but* you can ONLY use it for captain skills for other captains, *unless* you convert it to FreeXP, then you can use it for anything that takes XP.  Ships, captains, ship modules that require xp, etc.

So, I'm not sure what people are so pissed off about.  Nothing was stolen from them.  They just didn't understand what they read, and instead of asking or researching, made assumptions, and we all know the rule on *that*.

People have only themselves to blame, imo, but, of course, it's always easy to blame someone else.  I have lots of coworkers like that.  It's always someone else's fault if they make a mistake.  

Edited by mavfin87

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,306 posts
3,883 battles

I'm not raging, though I bought dubloons thinking that this ship XP thing was going to be all servers. 

I'm a little disappointed, but I can just save my dubloons for another ship XP event - something that will come eventually.

Members
83 posts
3,096 battles

Currently I'm aggravated because every other server is currently getting a Free XP sale, while NA is the only one that is getting this stupid "Elite XP" sale. The other aspects of the event are the same across the different servers, so why does this one aspect have to be different? And since almost no one in their right mind would spend actual money to get rid of elite commander xp, why does NA have to get shafted in this?

[GLF]
Members
767 posts
9,018 battles
8 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

-.-

It isn't being wasted, it works the same as it did before the conversion, you simply can use it on more things than JUST captain training. More, you earn it at a higher rate than you do ship, I'd say one should be more prone to converting it, rather than less.

Sure it wouldn't be "wasted" but it IS a waste to convert it in the first place when you do so instead of  ship xp.  I play my 19 point umikaze captain on my umikaze, my kamikaze, my kami R, and my fujin.    I get 1000xp rounds on each.  I got 4000 elitexp that the ships made.  And I got 4000 elite captain xp.  Why in gods name would i covert the elite captain xp when i can use the ship xp for NOTHING other than conversion?  For every point of captain xp I have a point of otherwise-useless ship xp.  Its not like they convert my elite captain xp for free in some kindof match scenario.  If I am paying to convert any xp at all why would i covert the useful one and perserve the useless one?   Converting elite captains xp is a stupid idea to start with, and this was a total miss to add to the recent series of misses.  Lets charge them to use stuff they could already use, and they'll keep the stuff they can't use which they'll pay us again later to use.  

They offer this sale how many other times a year?  Fix it so it can convert regular elitexp, just like the other 2-3 times a year its offered.  All of it is poorly worded, poorly responded to thus far, and very unfortunate for anyone that made the mistake. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,858 battles
14 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

(owe you one Awiggin)

I'll take "Things I never, ever thought I would see in print" for a thousand Alex.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,858 battles
22 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Perhaps you could encase this in eye-searing, brain-numbing flashing neon lights for the somewhat less perceptive amongst us?

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,856 battles
45 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I mean really who the hell does that

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,356 posts
3,562 battles
1 hour ago, mavfin87 said:

Reading is OP, you know, Krimzon.  And, as you say, people don't read patch notes, or the wiki notes on base game stuff, etc.

To be more clear: Elite Commander XP comes from playing 19-point captains, *but* you can ONLY use it for captain skills for other captains, *unless* you convert it to FreeXP, then you can use it for anything that takes XP.  Ships, captains, ship modules that require xp, etc.

So, I'm not sure what people are so pissed off about.  Nothing was stolen from them.  They just didn't understand what they read, and instead of asking or researching, made assumptions, and we all know the rule on *that*.

People have only themselves to blame, imo, but, of course, it's always easy to blame someone else.  I have lots of coworkers like that.  It's always someone else's fault if they make a mistake.  

Wow i really misread this post.../s

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
12 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

Wow i really misread this post.../s

Ok...

3x first wins: simple, not unusual at all

ships:  Sims, and tier tree cost discounts, and doubloon discounts on Tier VIII, I think?

exp conversion: anyone who assumed what this was and didn't check further, and is now pissed off?  That's on you. 

Anyone who says that is evidence that it had to be free xp conversion vs what it really was...is assuming.  And I have no sympathy.  

Edited by mavfin87

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,356 posts
3,562 battles
9 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Ok...

ships:  Sims, and tier tree cost discounts, and doubloon discounts on Tier VIII, I think?

exp conversion: anyone who assumed what this was and didn't check further, and is now pissed off?  That's on you. 

Anyone who says that is evidence that it had to be free xp conversion vs what it really was...is assuming.  And I have no sympathy.  

I'm not assuming anything it says right there experience conversion last I checked standard experience was called experience.

First the apologists said you should have checked what Elite experience means.

Okay I did, now Standard experience is the ship experience well as you can clearly see in picture it says experience so what's your excuse now?

The bottom line is when you're going to advertise something make sure it's right. But hey who am I kidding these are the people that misspelled September

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,024 posts
10,202 battles

Once a player has 5 or 6 19 point commanders, the rate at which you accumulate elite Captain xp grows rapidly.  I know have over 350,000 of it, and it's useful for retraining captains, leveling them up or changing their skills.  I am still grinding new lines, so it's more useful for me to use it training new captains. 

There is a player in my clan who has 18 of the 19 point captains, I think he said he had over 3,000,000 in elite Captain XP - what is he going to do with all that?  Well, now he can change it to free xp if he so desires.  It's not getting used anyway, perhaps he wants to use some on getting the Rodney?  I don't know why people here think it's so blisteringly idiotic, it's not optimal compared to using gold for ship xp conversion, but it's better than NO DISCOUNT at all.

Members
83 posts
3,096 battles
6 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Ok...

So the anniversary event is something that is supposed to be the same between all the serves. Everyone gets the tech tree discounts, the new collection, the achievements etc. 3 out of 4 servers are running normal Free XP conversions. Why doesn't NA have a Free XP conversion as well, since this event is supposed to be the same between the servers? Why are we getting an utterly useless Elite XP conversion sale?

I'm still waiting on comment from a WG employee here...

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles

There was a free xp conversion event on or around August 4th in NA.  I don't think there was one in EU then or not.

[LOU1]
Members
2,889 posts
8,004 battles

When Elite XP was introduced, I remember reading several posts from players flush with 19-point captains that wanted to know what they were going to do with the extra Elite XP.  When I saw this conversion I figured WG was trying to give something to the players that have been around a long time, just like the T10 SC.

Members
83 posts
3,096 battles
1 minute ago, mavfin87 said:

There was a free xp conversion event on or around August 4th in NA.  I don't think there was one in EU then or not.

All servers had a Free so event for the WG Birthday Bash. The EU one was delayed so it could also coincide with Gamescom. Every server has had an event, and now all of them are having one again except for NA. There is no excuse for it. WG NA needs to fix this. 

[HYST]
Beta Testers
13 posts
4,298 battles

Im sorry but wg was blatantly vague and posting misleading things on social media. I dont blame people for being pissed.

Beta Testers
648 posts
14,263 battles
3 hours ago, awiggin said:

^^100 times this. And you don't need to look far, this guy below could be one who'd rather convert commander xp than ship xp.

WG offering such a deal is a bad business choice, as this is a deal most of the player base don't want.

3 hours ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

-.-

Edited by Suzunami