You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kitsunelegend

First ever battle in my Montana

15 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

...and this happens...

Spoiler

LysvicO.jpg

oqnwEGX.jpg

RdyEymN.jpg

The battle didn't even last 8 minutes... I've had co-op battles last longer than that...

MschOCL.jpg

[YORHA]
Members
3,243 posts

So your Yammie was AFK? 

You were hosed from the git go.

You did well though.  First game and all.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
Just now, JCC45 said:

So your Yammie was AFK? 

You were hosed from the git go.

You did well though.  First game and all.

I can only assume he either never loaded in or was just legit afk. The battle didn't last long enough for me to even notice that until you said something... =I

Admittedly, my second battle was much worse... I was still reeling from the first one so I potatoed into a Tirpitz and a Shima and got my furry rear end handed to me on a silver plater... not that my team really helped considering they pretty much all clustered around the southern most corner of the map... :Smile_sceptic:

[YORHA]
Members
3,243 posts
Just now, Kitsunelegend said:

I can only assume he either never loaded in or was just legit afk. The battle didn't last long enough for me to even notice that until you said something... =I

Admittedly, my second battle was much worse... I was still reeling from the first one so I potatoed into a Tirpitz and a Shima and got my furry rear end handed to me on a silver plater... not that my team really helped considering they pretty much all clustered around the southern most corner of the map... :Smile_sceptic:

All of my experience on the Montana is on the Public Test  server (except of one Co-op game, but they don't count)  so I don't yet have any "NA high tier meta" experience in her yet but... if you get into a game with opponents that want to actually fight she is a beautiful beast!

[ARMDA]
[ARMDA]
Members
844 posts
2,677 battles

For your first battle, it wasn't too bad. Yes, you got your stern handed to you, but ship happens. What build are you running on Monty may I ask?

[HINON]
Members
8,800 posts

You had a solid personal performance so dont get hung up on teammates you cant control like the afk or the fact the enemy CV appears to have outperformed your CV by a mile.

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
6 minutes ago, High_Admiral said:

For your first battle, it wasn't too bad. Yes, you got your stern handed to you, but ship happens. What build are you running on Monty may I ask?

For modules I went more secondary build with rudder shift (gonna put the concealment module on as soon as I get enough credits to buy it) but my main issue is my current captain is only 8 pts. I'll be training him mostly on the Alabama and Arizona along side my 17pt captain whos my Iowa main. I'll be training the 8pt for survivability and a little bit of AA since the Monty's AA is already pretty strong

[ARMDA]
[ARMDA]
Members
844 posts
2,677 battles

Interesting choice. I went with a full AA build on my Cap and a hybrid AA/Main Battery with my modules. 

Spoiler

shot-17_09.15_14_25.51-0963.thumb.jpg.b992bb7cda96396c33566c1f842c5d6b.jpgshot-17_09.15_14_25.58-0945.thumb.jpg.ba3bdcd58a216c453721d974b4e867d6.jpg

I would definitely recommend getting that Main Battery accuracy module. I ran without it for awhile and when I switched over to it, I found just how good Monty can be in terms of putting shells on target.

[YORHA]
Members
3,243 posts
6 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

For modules I went more secondary build with rudder shift (gonna put the concealment module on as soon as I get enough credits to buy it) but my main issue is my current captain is only 8 pts. I'll be training him mostly on the Alabama and Arizona along side my 17pt captain whos my Iowa main. I'll be training the 8pt for survivability and a little bit of AA since the Monty's AA is already pretty strong

Ahh... the Notser build.

I have been using this build on my high tier BBs and I gotta tell you.. so far it really works for my play style.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

It's not the worst in the world. Try playing a T10 cruiser and doing less than 20k damage...yeah.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,267 posts

Be aware Kits that today and probably the next couple of days, tier X might be wonkier than normal b'cause of folks just wanting their SC. 

Members
1,123 posts
6,679 battles

battle only lasted 8 min?  sounds like my average length of battles today.  Blowouts one way or the other today.  probably only had one close game.  teams die so quickly that doing any damage or trying to carry isn't an option.      managed to get detonated in back to back games as well.  RNG is being RNG. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
53 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Be aware Kits that today and probably the next couple of days, tier X might be wonkier than normal b'cause of folks just wanting their SC. 

To be completely honest, thats the only real main reason I even bothered to play pvp today myself. =P

Managed to get 50k free xp from it...not that I really needed that as I could have used credits instead but hey, I'll gladly take a SC for once. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tl32xcu.jpg