You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ironrust

Premium Camouflage

11 comments in this topic

[NOOOB]
Members
1,439 posts
12,061 battles

Would love for tier 10 premium camo to have a sale, 5,000 doubloons spendy, and with 11 tier 10 ships, small fortune to outfit them all

[TAFY3]
Beta Testers
429 posts
5,934 battles

Premium Camo is a scam at Those prices.  What's the point?  Plenty of other camos, and signals to the same thing.  What are you going to do with all that extra elite ship XP at tier 10?

[NOVA]
Members
11,026 posts
21 minutes ago, SluggerJackson said:

Premium Camo is a scam at Those prices.  What's the point?  Plenty of other camos, and signals to the same thing.  What are you going to do with all that extra elite ship XP at tier 10?

The main draw is the 50% reduction in repair cost, and the 20% increase in credit earnings.

The ship EXP also boosts FXP earnings as well as captain exp.

Well worth 5k doubloons if it's a ship you play often.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
11,332 battles

I haven't seen permanent premium camo ever go on sale, though the temporary premiums camo sometimes does. 

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
1 hour ago, SluggerJackson said:

Convert it. Same as I would with a premium ship.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,741 posts
7,373 battles

I only get the camo on ships I'm going to both keep, and play a lot. The only time that wasn't the case was with Roon, and that's because I had over 200k doubloons after Xmas.

[DARTH]
Members
532 posts
11,374 battles

Say you have a Tier X ship that you really just luv to pieces, it's your favorite and you ground the entire line to get to it.  Yamato's (or whatever) always been your dreamboat and you're going to play her daily until your mouse finger falls off.  Hmm...   Actually, that would probably be more applicable to Minotaur, but eh...

Anyway, you spend the doubloons for your pretty bote and what do you get?  More XP (which can be converted).  More silver (everybody loves silver).  More free XP, period, and the real end bonus, more captain XP, which if combined with the daily first win bonus and flags becomes a 19 point captain, which leads to "Elite Captain XP" or whatever they're calling it this month, which can be used on your other ships to get them 19 point captains too.

Sadly, I'm a bit late to the 19 point captain parade, having left too man 12-16 point captains on this or that ship because I liked them too.  However, now that I have one, the bonus captain XP that keeps rolling in has come in so handy for taking my lower XP captains to 'the next level'.

And now that I have a little more fire prevention (for example) on battleship X or Y, maybe I'll be a bit less of a roasted potato.

:cap_rambo:

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

I got permanent camo for my Zaō when I got her. I knew I was gonna keep her and love playing her, so I bought it.

[GLF]
Members
767 posts
9,018 battles

Don't lose sight of this...  While dubloon cost itself for premium camos may not go on sale, you can work good deals to get more dubloons for your money... thus making it be sale-like?  

They run dubloon sales outright (usually "get xx% more for same cost when u buy through company xyz), or you can buy gift cards at a discount to stores that sell dubloon gift cards.   With some magic, and new account discount/ebates tricks, I've gotten $50 gift cards to gamestop for ~$31.  Use that $50 to buy dubloon cards from gamestop.com  that you can then redeem these codes in your wg account for dubloons at face value of the card you bought.    The people actually taking the hit is the people that didn't want their $50 gamestop card and traded it for $25 cash to the sites that sell it for $42.  Why more people have no clue this is a thing  baffles me.  Why pay full price for anything you can buy with dubloons if you can get dubloons cheaper?  lol  

Also works for tech tree premium ships, and anything else you need dubloons for. 

Edited by AnimaL21