You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
platebuster

Can't help but be frustrated with Shokaku

5 comments in this topic

Members
25 posts
2,408 battles

I will be the first to admit that I am not the most skilled CV player, pilot. I will further admit that I struggle most with fighter management going against a good American fighter superiority config. With that said, is it just me or is Shokaku just a freakin grind. I consistently feel like I shoot below average and struggle to outway the cost of battle. I lose money more than gain in other words.

My strategy is this. I've swapped to fighter config because of my American Fighter issue. My damage suffers more. Switch to Bomber superiority, get ate up. Does anyone feel like Shokaku is in this weird rut or is it really me the pilot?

[-K-]
Beta Testers
1,791 posts
7,763 battles

Shoukaku is one of most strong CV along with Taihou and Hakuryu in the line. 222 is very balanced powerful load out which has capability to grap air control and of strike power.

To get upper hand over Lexington's AS Load out, you need to be able to use strafe and engage denial strafe whenever you need and must be able to use it tactically. This skill is also required for tier 9 and 10.

Members
2,208 posts
4,051 battles
4 hours ago, Treediagram said:

Shoukaku is one of most strong CV along with Taihou and Hakuryu in the line. 222 is very balanced powerful load out which has capability to grap air control and of strike power.

To get upper hand over Lexington's AS Load out, you need to be able to use strafe and engage denial strafe whenever you need and must be able to use it tactically. This skill is also required for tier 9 and 10.

You have to remember that now the Shokaku also has to face off with Enterprise too. Which is between AS Lexington and Shokaku in regards to air superiority but maintains rather good striking power.

[PS1HD]
Members
55 posts
1,490 battles

Just keep working at it, the Shokaku is very powerful for its tier and with some work you can decimate the competition. If you are having trouble dealing with fighters try working on drawing them in over friendly AA. If you are having trouble losing planes focus on makijg each strike count.

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
167 posts
6,203 battles

How is the Shokaku the weak one?  Lets not forget the Hiryu had torpedo bombers from the Zuiho at 1200 health, yeah, must have been fun bringing that into tier 9 sometimes.  I ran 3/1/2 because of this.